• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lego Star Wars II won't save for me. I've tried EEPROM config type 1 & 2, and also SRAM Type 1. No dice. I've generated a footer from the rom and using that one, it still doesn't save. Testing it on VBA, it was able to save to EEPROM and SRAM, so I don't know why neither works.
Try patching ROM using GBA Tool Advance (SRAM Patcher tab), then generating new footer with SRAM save type.

Reactions: kiwiis

u4ick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Trying to load my Metroid Fusion CIA results in a black screen/crash requiring a console restart. I used the firm patcher attached to the OP along with the proper title from 3DNUS and overwrote the title in my emunand through FBI. Tested using both cakes and rxtools. what do?

EDIT: forgot to mention I'm on N3ds 9.2

EDIT2: does this even work on unlinked emunand or even emunand at all?

Last edited by u4ick,

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what I did wrong, but it won't let me install the CIA. I uninstalled the CIA already on the NAND, and it still won't let me install. This is the message it gives me.

Install failed!
0004013800000202.cia
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any reason to install the patched GBA_FIRM when running RXTools? I managed to boot custom GBA games (Metroid: Zero Mission for example) without installing the patched GBA_FIRM, it runs great (had to install Metroid to both SysNAND and EmuNAND though).

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason to install the patched GBA_FIRM when running RXTools? I managed to boot custom GBA games (Metroid: Zero Mission for example) without installing the patched GBA_FIRM, it runs great (had to install Metroid to both SysNAND and EmuNAND though).
No reason at all as RxTools patches the checks for AGB_FIRM

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so...

Rather than go through all the things in OP, I can simply install the gba titles cia using rxTools? How would I go about this...?

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, so...

Rather than go through all the things in OP, I can simply install the gba titles cia using rxTools? How would I go about this...?

You install the same game both to SysNAND and EmuNAND using FBI (destination: SD) and if you still have linked NANDs you'll only have to install it in one of them I guess. Then you boot into your RXTools EmuNAND and play the GBA game from your desktop.

Reactions: Reserved

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I deleted my AGB_FIRM becuase i was going to install the patched one, but now I can't play GBA games. Can I reinstall the AGB_FIRM from Nintendo's servers using System Update, or do I have to live w/o GBA games until I can install the patched CIA?

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I deleted my AGB_FIRM becuase i was going to install the patched one, but now I can't play GBA games. Can I reinstall the AGB_FIRM from Nintendo's servers using System Update, or do I have to live w/o GBA games until I can install the patched CIA?

What firmware are you on (emunand and/or sysnand) and what hacks do you have access to?
If you were able to delete AGB_FIRM you should be perfectly able to install it again, right?

Last edited by psvpwner,

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
What firmware are you on (emunand and/or sysnand) and what hacks do you have access to?
If you were able to delete AGB_FIRM you should be perfectly able to install it again, right?
I'm using 10.3 sysnand and I'm using the patched version of FBI that works on 10.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work