Hacking [Release] 3DSafe: In-NAND PIN lock for 3DS

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont thonk its possible to deploy this level of security anymore now that bootntr is out, so even of mashers came back, wouldn't change that.
The level of security we have now is still better than anything else we have. Sure, ntrboothax can bypass it, but chances are that any potential thief wont likely know about 3ds hacking. At the very least its better than Luma's security, which can be bypassed by simply deleting the config file on the SD.

Reactions: lonewolf08

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why ? no time to make it compatible ?
Read what @democracy said on the last page. Basically, with ntrboothax released, you can bypass this level of security. I don't think that its likely for a dev to want to bother making something like this with that in mind, though I wish someone would anyway. Still better than Luma's security by a longshot.

Reactions: chronoss

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Read what @democracy said on the last page. Basically, with ntrboothax released, you can bypass this level of security. I don't think that its likely for a dev to want to bother making something like this with that in mind, though I wish someone would anyway. Still better than Luma's security by a longshot.
Ok thanks bro !

Reactions: MadMageKefka

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compiled the latest commit, it has broken otp unlock support, so stay clear of that.

i dont thonk its possible to deploy this level of security anymore now that bootntr is out, so even of mashers came back, wouldn't change that.

However, even thoigh this can be circumvented, it's still a pain in the ass for a noob to do so.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Oh alright i didnt know it was faulty. There was always a way to circumvent 3dsafe before ntrboothax it was through hard mod and basically what you're saying has been my argument for a good while now. Even though it can be circumvented it's still better than what is out there and not everyone will have the means to do so.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh alright i didnt know it was faulty. There was always a way to circumvent 3dsafe before ntrboothax it was through hard mod and basically what you're saying has been my argument for a good while now. Even though it can be circumvented it's still better than what is out there and not everyone will have the means to do so.
yes, I still like it. Are others still using this?

Now the ntrboot has been released, is there any real benefit at all to using boot.firm over a9lh method (other than ntr boothax)? All I can find are negative comments towards it and I am aware of any possible benefits for using boot.firm

Last edited by democracy,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I still like it. Are others still using this?

Now the ntrboot has been released, is there any real benefit at all to using boot.firm over a9lh method (other than ntr boothax)? All I can find are negative comments towards it and I am aware of any possible benefits for using boot.firm

Luma updates are only in .firm but i don't know I don't use anything with .firm

hakd88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Making an SD card read-only means the system can't use it until you turn that off. Changing the boot.firm to a read only file actually doesn't prevent the user from overwriting it...at least not on Linux...I don't know if this applies to Windows to because I haven't used Windows in over 11 years...
It is really easy to remove a file's read-only mark on Windows by right-clicking on the file, click properties, un-check the 'Read only' checkbox, then click apply for the file to no longer be read only.
EDIT: You can delete read-only files without removing the 'Read only' mark. (I've only tested this on Windows 10, but it should still work on other versions)

Last edited by hakd88,

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have newest working CFW installed on old2ds. Can i do something like this without brick my console?
Its only one feature what i need from old ps Vita. Privacy

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have newest working CFW installed on old2ds. Can i do something like this without brick my console?
Its only one feature what i need from old ps Vita. Privacy
This software always had some problems, and it might not even support boot9strap?
Also IIRC there's a similar function integrated in Luma 3ds now.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This software always had some problems, and it might not even support boot9strap?
Also IIRC there's a similar function integrated in Luma 3ds now.
I check this IIRC if i have time For now i need to finish Castlevania on 3ds. One more question Can i make old2ds to password protect like in PS VITA?
I mean. If i want use Vita i need to put password.

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I check this IIRC if i have time For now i need to finish Castlevania on 3ds. One more question Can i make old2ds to password protect like in PS VITA?
I mean. If i want use Vita i need to put password.
"I.I.R.C." is an acronym for "If I Remember Correctly" xD
The unmodified 3ds system software doesn't come with a username and password mechanism, the only thig that resembles it is the PIN lock function included in the parental controls option, but probably this is not what you are looking for since it applies for each installed app separately.
The custom firmware you are currently running (Luma 3ds) does include a feature to block someone else from using your 3ds, that works by choosing a certain button combination you'll need to insert each time you power on your console.
Read here if you want to set it up:
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/wiki/Optional-features

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7