ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
you need to edit the makefile itself (it can be open with notepad++) theres a line called PREFIX=arm-none-eabi you need to change it to PREFIX=C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\arm-none-eabi
I did.
Sg4XDMw.png

Milesgboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it all set up but, it says

Opening SD:/ncchinfo.bin
Opened! reading info..
. Number of entries 1024
Nothing to do. :/ (1024)

What am I doing wrong am I supposed to use this new py script for the ncchinfo stuff? That python script isn't working at all for me whenever I input in the correct stuff.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I got it all set up but, it says

Opening SD:/ncchinfo.bin
Opened! reading info..
. Number of entries 1024
Nothing to do. :/ (1024)

What am I doing wrong am I supposed to use this new py script for the ncchinfo stuff? That python script isn't working at all for me whenever I input in the correct stuff.
just drag the rom onto it if you have python installed.....is it creating the ncchinfo.bin for you?

idunoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://filetrip.net/dl?gKNbnpNF7V

Just search "01 02 03 04" and replace the key at that location in a hex editor.

or:

It's address 0x24A4
copy it there. (cnrl + B, paste overwrite)

If you did it right the new crc32 will be e08f7ec5.

Given the short change and the ability to brute force CRC32 I wonder if you technically just gave away the key.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Given the short change and the ability to brute force CRC32 I wonder if you technically just gave away the key.
2^96 is still a pretty daunting unknown to figure out (especially since you can't speed up the AES engine with a PC).
Anyway, bruteforcing google for the key is probably easier in any case :P

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Compiled in OS X with no problems whatsoever, ran and it's currently creating the Smash XOR. The new look of the launcher decryptor is a gigantic step up from last time. Love it!

Freaking amazing work, every single person who've been involved. Pat yourselves on the back, you've done really good work here.

Now, all that remains is for Persona Q to release in the west...

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not change the format, so the user can elect the keyslot & keyX/keyY data. This would allow so the xorpad generator can be released as a binary (as the 7.x keyx would be in the ncchinfo.bin). It would also let users use this for other things, like decrypt their sd card content (independent eshop dumps anyone?)
That's actually a good idea. Would love to decrypt sd card stuff!

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't get the homebrew ROP loader working, has anyone compiled it for the GW ROP loader? I can insert the keys myself :)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Reactions: gtaking112

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to try to edit shit by hand, and i got all the romfs hashes good, and rexored it with the original xorpad and then injected it into the encrypted rom. I then fixed the super hash block at 0x11E0.. it still boots to a black screen,, what am i missing?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I decided to try to edit shit by hand, and i got all the romfs hashes good, and rexored it with the original xorpad and then injected it into the encrypted rom. I then fixed the super hash block at 0x11E0.. it still boots to a black screen,, what am i missing?
the romfs is hash is in the encrypted rom twice....or did you already do that

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's actually a good idea. Would love to decrypt sd card stuff!

Maybe one day that might come soon to, to decrypt the .cmd .app .tmd .sav files .

Put the flashcard out of business :lol:

Also found some think strange with dbs folder import.db / title.db . the demo games where a mess order after delete some missing slots - extracted these files onto my hard drive and Deleted ones of SD card , place the SD card back into the 3DS , No games there, Replace them files back into it folder on SD card, Put SD card back into the 3DS , Game's are back but in neat order... But present wrapped once again . - Anyway found a nice way to clean the order up ;) .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5