Hacking ReiNand 10.3 N3ds (:

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone please guide me on installing bigbluebox.

i just installed reinand and is still on 9.2, i was told to setup another cia manager aside from fbi or inject fbi to h&s, but i cannot do that right now since i don't have a windows machine at the moment.

is it ok to just install bigbluebox before updating to 10.3? can someone post a link to a dl and instructions on installing this on n3dsxl reinand 9.2?

If you have the tools, like NASA for example, install your FBI cia or BBM cia through NASA in sysnand. Then clone sysnand to emunand so you'll have a cia manager in emunand.

acoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have the tools, like NASA for example, install your FBI cia or BBM cia through NASA in sysnand. Then clone sysnand to emunand so you'll have a cia manager in emunand.

i already have FBI installed on emunand, launching it while on sysnand, does not work.

is it necessary to have FBI working on sysnand?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i have an O3DS XL with Rxtools 3.0 + CtrBootManager + Menuhax. Emunand is 10.3 and everythings seems to work perfect so far.
So whats the advantages if i use Reinand now?

Do gba games, dsiware, and DS carts load from emunand for you on rxTools? (I know they don't work on N3DS, but am unsure about O3DS support for these features).

If they don't work for you, they DO work on Reinand

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
i already have FBI installed on emunand, launching it while on sysnand, does not work.

is it necessary to have FBI working on sysnand?
You need to patch sigchecks first before launching any unsigned cia from sysnand. Take a look at minipasta.

So basically what you'll have to do is enter homebrew launcher from sysnand, launch minipasta to disable sig checks (this will kick you out back to home menu), your unsigned cia should be launchable now.

You don't need a working cia manager in sysnand though since you should be booting directly to emunand.

acoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to patch sigchecks first before launching any unsigned cia from sysnand. Take a look at minipasta.

So basically what you'll have to do is enter homebrew launcher from sysnand, launch minipasta to disable sig checks (this will kick you out back to home menu), your unsigned cia should be launchable now.

You don't need a working cia manager in sysnand though since you should be booting directly to emunand.

thanks, will do that.

can you point me to a working BigBlueBox cia installer?

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3dsx version only works for 9.2 and lower. The cia version (which is what gets injected into H&S) should work on any cfw

how am i supposed to inject a cia if i can only run 3dsx at this point?

You see, as it needs 9.2 support because it runs on sysnand and needs special permissions, it doesn't matter what version of emunand are you using.

so are you saying the 3dsx app should work on reinand 10.3 no problem? or do i have to do other stuff first?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so are you saying the 3dsx app should work on reinand 10.3 no problem? or do i have to do other stuff first?
You use something like rxTools's menu or Decrypt9 to extract the hs.app (health & safety) from your emunand, then use a set of PC tools to inject the cia version of fbi (or devmenu if you want) into the hs.app file. Then you use rxtools or decrypt9 to inject the hs.app file back into your emunand.

turtleturd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The instuctions are pretty clear in the thread provided on how to inject FBI if you have your emunand already set up.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if you can boot homebrew on 10.3 EmuNAND, you should be able to install FBI using the 3dsx version of FBI as it should inherit the patched sigchecks from the CFW you use to boot EmuNAND.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you can boot homebrew on 10.3 EmuNAND, you should be able to install FBI using the 3dsx version of FBI as it should inherit the patched sigchecks from the CFW you use to boot EmuNAND.

i tried installing it using the FBI 3dsx and I got an error. i'll try injecting FBI using H&S.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no thats now how it works in my experience. .3dsx files can only work with the permissions that *hax has. On 9.3+ *hax only has arm11 userland permission, so regardless of whether sig checks are patched, the homebrew doesnt have access to the permissions and services needed to install a cia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast