Hacking ReiNand 10.3 N3ds (:

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
I just setup Reinand coming from rxTools. I want to update to the latest version but i see Ver in fron of my firmware version on emunand. Is that normal?
I don't wanna accidentally update sysnand.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just setup Reinand coming from rxTools. I want to update to the latest version but i see Ver in fron of my firmware version on emunand. Is that normal?
I don't wanna accidentally update sysnand.

If you are using the most recent version (3.1) then yes, it is normal. The "ver" string replacement is broken atm. I assume you have some other way of knowing for sure that you are in emunand before launching system settings?

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are using the most recent version (3.1) then yes, it is normal. The "ver" string replacement is broken atm. I assume you have some other way of knowing for sure that you are in emunand before launching system settings?

Thanks for the quick answer. I am totally sure I boot to emunand since I coldboot. I can also see my installed games and boot them. It's emunand for sure.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"After that, edit boot.cfg of CtrBootManager then add this entry: { title = "ReiNand"; path = "/reiNand.dat"; offset = "0x12000"; },"

ok so where exactly do i put this? does it matter which line or i put it anywhere?

also i read about something saying that it does not region patch so i assume that will not affect my installed cia's that RF patched that are working now with my 9.5 rxtools emunand right?

also
"If you want, set ReiNand as default so you can cold boot to it directly."

how do i do this? i know nothgi about ctrboot manager i never used it before can someoene please provide detailed instructions on how to edit the cfg file to make rei autoboot?

Last edited by weatMod,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does matter which line you chose. If you have autoboot, chose the first one. If not, then you have to choose the line because that changes the place in the list.
so where does it go and how do iset it up to make it autoboot?
can someoene post some instructions perhaps a pic of their cfg file and highlight witch lines to edit? i dont know what i am doing her
e also after i delete rxtools files and put rei files on the sd card and put it back in my 3ds i assume that i will have to use browser hax right?
i mean i am using menuhax to autoboot rxtools emunand right now, so it wont work right i will have to use browserhax then go to HBL and run menuhax installed again right?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so
Install menuhax using boot type 1 . Then install ctrbootmanager and change the boot time to 0. And viola, every time you do autoboot it will load your first entry, and if you want to load Homebrew lauchner or another application in your list , press select and chose.
rry not following you still and i thought 2 was auto boot option in menuhax i am too confused i never used this shit i need a video or a pic at least to see what you mean and what about editing the cfg file?

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question...I updated through Reinand system settings, it rebooted and all but everytime I load Reinand its just black screens.
If I load Rxtools it is updated correctly. Can't make Reinand to work for some reason :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.