ExploitTnT

Devy | YT: DevRin | dev_settings
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
oh hell no im not going to wait longer for 4.x NO

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What would happen if i change the hos.c file to the newest one from nwert would 4.1.0 work then. Im really dumb too.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I see some are saying apps are working with this but I cannot get anything working I have tested out the appstore for example but it just freezes on me, you cant use the controls or the touch screen to select anything? how come others have apps working. I am on firmware 5.0.2, if that makes a difference here?

Last edited by Reecey,

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I see some are saying apps are working with this but I cannot get anything working I have tested out the appstore for example but it just freezes on me, you cant use the controls or the touch screen to select anything? how come others have apps working. I am on firmware 5.0.2, if that makes a difference here?
Try copying the sd files onto your sd card again or trying another sd card. I'm using 5.0.2 and it works fine for me.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@Jan4V
Upstream hekate already supports launching 5.x, along with the 1-4.x.
https://github.com/nwert/hekate/commit/8b9e65e76fc46ad1e56f01f1a8bda1dacd4de133

Can you rebase your repo to latest hekate and also upstream your extra differences/changes (e.g. patchset6)?

Please consider this, because having countless unlinked forks is not the best.
For example rajkosto, I and others upstream our fixes. And that means that everyone can enjoy and build on the version that has better sd card, partial dumping, raw dumpin, etc support.

By the way, upstream hekate included clearing of boot reason.
This is important to have, otherwise, Switch OS will know that you booted from RCM.
And because I believe most users here will use it on their online console, it may create problems/blacklisting from nintendo in the future.

Anyway, thanks for the release.
Thanks CTCaer. You should have created a thread about this because they keep asking compatibility with the 4.x or 1.x versions.

D

Deleted User

OP
This gives compatibility to load Homebrew in those versions. It is a question that they compile and share.
No it doesn't. It doesn't contain some necessary things to support 2.x+ in the actual code...

D

Deleted User

OP
Look, it needs some code patches to be made. Those don't exist yet, so you just have to wait a bit until they are made.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Try copying the sd files onto your sd card again or trying another sd card. I'm using 5.0.2 and it works fine for me.
Yes your right it does work but both joy cons need to be disconnected from the switch, if either one are connected it wont work properly. Well for me anyway I'm not sure why that is?

Last edited by Reecey,

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yes your right it does work but both joy cons need to be disconnected from the switch, if either one are connected it wont work properly. Well for me anyway I'm not sure why that is?
That's really weird, I've had no problems using it with my joycons connected. Dunno what to suggest for you there.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will not wait like 1 month or weeks just for homebrew I WILL UPDATE

Your love for Tetris is commendable. Hopefully you won't regret your choice in a week or two.

Also, kudos for the release Jan4V. I haven't ran it myself but from what others have said it sounds like it's quite the accomplishment.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just poping this out there when i used this don't know if it had something to do with going into rcm but my right joycon now everytime it shows full charged will die with in less then a few min if i'm lucky it will last 30min or 20.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
That's really weird, I've had no problems using it with my joycons connected. Dunno what to suggest for you there.
Did you mod your joy con or are you using another method to access cfw? just wandering, maybe its something to do with modding the joy con I soldered it. Actually if I boot the switch up normally with both joy cons attached it shows as if the right one is not fully attached? somethings not working right?

Last edited by Reecey,

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Look, it needs some code patches to be made. Those don't exist yet, so you just have to wait a bit until they are made.
I'm not in 2.x I'm in 4.x and CTCaer I leave you something so you can give compatibility. By the way, as I saw that you did not have a photo, I thought you were any user and I realize that you created this thread. You were not in 5.x?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already