Hacking Ray's Mario Kart 8 Course Modding Tutorials

chri02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
when import the course_model.szs, I get an error message: "Can not find the file specified". From what it could be caused?

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    89 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: Ray Koopa

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You did not specify the correct path to TexConv2 in the add-on settings. Make sure it points to the executable, not the folder it resides in. It is explained in the installation instructions on the wiki.
test.png

Samub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no no, when i put the vol directory pack , and i press send... disappears...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

importing the race nothing happen and appear this error

Attachments

• Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 169

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As the error message tells you, it can't find required game files. Your game dump is flawed. Get a correct dump or show the contents of vol and the existence of objflow.byaml in content/data

Mk8Modder1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey uhh when i change the skybox for music park and for bone dry dunes the sky bugges out for example i done :VRCosmos to VRAirport and it the sky disappers and i also swapped the bengv

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey uhh when i change the skybox for music park and for bone dry dunes the sky bugges out for example i done :VRCosmos to VRAirport and it the sky disappers and i also swapped the bengv
not all skydomes work everywhere, you gotta experiment.

I can not see the model.
please read the wiki about how to set up blender when editing courses

Savannah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried exporting as .byaml, was editing Sweet Sweet Canyon. How do I go about fixing this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by Savannah,

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
did you try to export from a saved .blend file?

note the last sentence about Exporting on the wiki:

"Sections not imported but loaded by the add-on are simply copied over from how they were in the original file. All sections are kept in memory as long as Blender runs.

This also means that even while imported sections are correctly stored in a *.blend file with all required properties, all other sections are not. Thus you can only save your project by exporting it into a *.byaml file which you import again later on."

Last edited by Ray Koopa,
Reactions: Savannah

Savannah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so now I've got a new problem. I exported the .byaml, now when trying to load cafiine and play the .byaml, the first screenshot happens on cafiine server, and my Wii U freezes. I assume it has something to do with the second screenshot, which happens when the .byaml is opened on Blender. Would I be right or wrong in saying that, and how do I solve this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by Savannah,

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A console freezing in the loading screen just means you set up an obj incorrectly and have to fix it. Sadly, the Cafiine log isn't of any help because the game crashes when it tries to set up the objs, not when initially loading them. You should test with small incremental steps and look at the objs which you added or modified. There is some general information on the wiki on the Editing page listing things you should consider when editing courses. https://github.com/Syroot/io_scene_mk8muunt/wiki/Objs

The Blender warning is unimportant and can be ignored.

Last edited by Ray Koopa,
Reactions: Savannah

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's going on here? Unfortunately I'm a very bad level / track designer myself but I really would have thought this thread would go viral as the first post is really fantastic and even a bit noob friendly.

MK8 is the best fun racer ever (for me at least) yet there are just a few custom tracks. :(

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the tutorials do not cover full custom track creation as several parts are missing yet, and so far i haven't seen a fully working custom track yet. i wanted to extend the tutorials when i wrote the tools for it, but I lost interest in mario kart so it never happened from my side

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright