Hacking Ray's Mario Kart 8 Course Modding Tutorials

WilliamtG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, so I tried to import a few static objects in Cloudtop Cruise (ex. Cityboat) but they crash at the loading screen. Am I missing something? The same thing is happening to my friend and we wondered if we were doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Bri11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The course won't import in Blender. Despite of this, after I imported bfres file in Blender, it gives a traceback error. I need help.

Last edited by Bri11,

Bri11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Failed to load DLL Traceback (most recent call last), FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory."

Bri11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The installation instructions went very well until I got to the part on where it says to zoom out, and I am trying to find how I can zoom out.

Last edited by Bri11,

Bri11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything went well for me except the zooming out part, because I can't zoom out in blender to see the course.

Last edited by Bri11,

Bri11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installation instructions for Blender were followed. Slight problem, I can't zoom out in Blender.

Last edited by Bri11,

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
upload_2017-10-11_11-47-29.png

I clicked import bfres/szs, chose the DK Jungle bfres file (i already extracted the szs externally), but after all the textures were converted, the model just didn't apeared.
You can check if my params are good cause i don't know what's the problem here.
I have a course_model.work with all the textures both in gtx and dds format

Reactions: lordelan

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not a problem, that just says the addon doesn't understand or had to reinterprete some textures to make them show up "correctly" in Blender. Note that add-on is quite old and did some mappings wrong.

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's not a problem, that just says the addon doesn't understand or had to reinterprete some textures to make them show up "correctly" in Blender. Note that add-on is quite old and did some mappings wrong.
So the thing that the model doesn't appear isn't because of that (yes it still doesn't appear)

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Then there's an exception somewhere later, not a warning. You should send the whole output and a screenshot after following the steps, as in the first screenshot, you didn't follow them.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It definitely shouldn't be that bad and look almost correct. Maybe you're using a weird TexConv utility or something in your Blender output shows an exception.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...