Rayman legends no longer Wii U exclusive and Wii u version delayed

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
The post felt so unlike you...
They didn't lie btw, just like with ZombiU they said that their Wii U games could possibly eventually be ported. Still a shitty move by ubi considering what how the developers and people wanting to play the game feel.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They didn't lie btw, just like with ZombiU they said that their Wii U games could possibly eventually be ported. Still a shitty move by ubi considering what how the developers and people wanting to play the game feel.

Paid the whole game for my son's birthday and now he won't be able to play it? What a low blow to WiiU owners Ubisoft.

Reactions: Eerpow and gamefan5

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd love a ZombiU port. Considering the only two games I wanted on the system were ZombiU and Rayman Legends, port the first game over and I'll be completely satisfied.

Reactions: Eerpow

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just for the lulz, check this video out at 1:25 XD

And this video uploaded one month ago on Ubi's official channel, look at 1:14

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Guess they lost a sale to me then. Delaying and releasing on all consoles. Why would I buy it for Wii U when it's not exclusively developed for the console?
I bought the console to play new experiences. Not the same old. Thanx, but no thanx.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guess they lost a sale to me then. Delaying and releasing on all consoles. Why would I buy it for Wii U when it's not exclusively developed for the console?
I bought the console to play new experiences. Not the same old. Thanx, but no thanx.
So it would be a "new experience" if it was just on the WiiU... but now that the exact same game was made Multiplat, it's not a "new experience" anymore?

Okay.

Reactions: Gahars

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
So it would be a "new experience" if it was just on the WiiU... but now that the exact same game has been made Multiplat, it's not a new experience anymore?

Okay.
Well by new experience I mean a new game... obviously it's got it's "new experience" with the pad and all. But to me, that's just bloat. I was looking forward to the game because it actually looked like a fun game I'd like. I enjoyed the demo.

But now they're going multiplatform. I might aswell wait for the game to get to the bargain bin and buy it for the PS3 where I don't have to bother with the Wii U pad.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

OH NO! How will Ubisoft cope with one lost sale?

:glare:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well by new experience I mean a new game... obviously it's got it's "new experience" with the pad and all. But to me, that's just bloat. I was looking forward to the game because it actually looked like a fun game I'd like.
But now they're going multiplatform. I might aswell wait for the game to get to the bargain bin and buy it for the PS3 where I don't have to bother with the Wii U pad.
It's the same game, nothing was changed. If you liked it when you first saw it, you're still going to like it because it's the same game. You're still getting the same Game Pad functionality, it's still a viable purchase for the WiiU.

Your comment smells of WiiU Hurt more than anything else.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh come on lol. The Wii U is old hardware. Its VERY dated and if you think that that hasnt had an influence in poor sales then you have to be mad. And lets be honest, poor sales have driven this to happen with Rayman. And I'd wager money that this wont be the only title to be affected this way over the coming 6 months I'm sure.

Its crap, dated hardware and it hasnt sold because people look at it and wonder, bar a touch screen control, what it does that a current gen system cant at half the price, with a back catalogue of near what, a 1000 games?

Granted, this didnt happen with the Wii, but the Wii was a one off, an innovation if you like which bought new people to the table who had never had an interest in consoles before. The Wii U doesnt have anything new that people are interested in.
1) We don't even know everything about the hardware and it's is at least base off 2011 custom hardware.
2) It's sold 3 million+ in a short amount of time from the get go.
3) Every time people post "they are doom", like you, attitude end up being completely wrong.
4) Watch when the big hitters come out.
5) People like the touchscreen.
6) I know it's your wet dream to have Nintendo games on your console, but it's not going to happen.
7) Are you trolling?

The assumptions that I make from this delay are that it's entirely possible that the Wii U version of this game with its touch screen gimmicks etc is actually a complete pile of pants and ubisoft know this. So what they have done is put all 3 releases together so that it doesn't hurt sales on other platforms
You must be trolling.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought the parts of the Rayman Legends demo which used the buttons was excellent. The shit that involved the 'Wii U exclusive features' just felt disruptive to the gameplay.

Reactions: Gahars

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it would be a "new experience" if it was just on the WiiU... but now that the exact same game was made Multiplat, it's not a "new experience" anymore?

Okay.
the game gets waterdown to last gen standards i guess

also is not GTAV getting release around the same time ?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not a fan of lying to your customers or mistreatment of you development team.

Mistreatment of the development team, is I think is the worse. Customers get screwed over all the time, but shit, to make your developers barely see their families at all for nearly a year is just brutal. And that's not the worst, let's be honest, developers work close if not more than 12 hours a day. That's horrible

The assumptions that I make from this delay are that it's entirely possible that the Wii U version of this game with its touch screen gimmicks etc is actually a complete pile of pants and ubisoft know this. So what they have done is put all 3 releases together so that it doesn't hurt sales on other platforms

You're an idiot. You should do some research.

Oh come on lol. The Wii U is old hardware. It's VERY dated and if you think that that hasn't had an influence in poor sales then you have to be mad. And let's be honest, poor sales have driven this to happen with Rayman. And I'd wager money that this wont be the only title to be affected this way over the coming 6 months I'm sure.

It's crap, dated hardware and it hasn't sold because people look at it and wonder, bar a touch screen control, what it does that a current gen system cant at half the price, with a back catalogue of near what, a 1000 games?

Granted, this didn't happen with the Wii, but the Wii was a one off, an innovation if you like which bought new people to the table who had never had an interest in consoles before. The Wii U doesn't have anything new that people are interested in.

You suck at trolling. You're not even trying to seem intelligent or legit.

Reactions: Eerpow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...