Rant:- p1ngpong is pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently my signature is too big

Seriously, hombre ... Has that console list impressed anyone, ever? Size issue aside, what's the point of listing every system you own? It's like when people list how much RAM they have inside of their PCs. Who cares? The only important thing is how much RAM is in my computer, and maybe the one I'm buying. No one cares what kind of microSD card you have inside of your Gateway, and what firmware revision you're on. Those signatures should be disallowed, period. It's a waste of space.

Do people ever comment on those signatures? This is something I'd really like to know, like in general, not just in Reecey's case. Does anyone ever message you saying "Ooooh! A 64 gig SanDisc? Wooow ... Where did you get THAT?" or "PlayStation 3 500GB? Man, that gets me SO HOT! What are you wearing?".

If this is OK, why should we limit ourselves to gaming hardware? Why not list every piece of audio or video equipment? I've seen people listing phones they own, adding whether or not they've been jailbroken. Like, who cares? I should list every cellphone I've ever owned, because some of them must be super-cool and retro, and thus I must brag about owning those pieces of garbage.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wha? My 3DS ain't no kitchen item bro

Have you never heard of the saying:- "A dog is for life, not just for Christmas"? I just turned it around a bit and put my own edge on it with the 3DSXL also I meant to say Golden Virigina not Golden Virgina, its not a spelling mistake.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, hombre ... Has that console list impressed anyone, ever? Size issue aside, what's the point of listing every system you own? It's like when people list how much RAM they have inside of their PCs. Who cares? The only important thing is how much RAM is in my computer, and maybe the one I'm buying. No one cares what kind of microSD card you have inside of your Gateway, and what firmware revision you're on. Those signatures should be disallowed, period. It's a waste of space.

Do people ever comment on those signatures? This is something I'd really like to know, like in general, not just in Reecey's case. Does anyone ever message you saying "Ooooh! A 64 gig SanDisc? Wooow ... Where did you get THAT?" or "PlayStation 3 500GB? Man, that gets me SO HOT! What are you wearing?".

If this is OK, why should we limit ourselves to gaming hardware? Why not list every piece of audio or video equipment? I've seen people listing phones they own, adding whether or not they've been jailbroken. Like, who cares? I should list every cellphone I've ever owned, because some of them must be super-cool and retro, and thus I must brag about owning those pieces of garbage.

Its just a signature, I'm not trying big myself up or anything like that with it. Loads of GBATemp. members list consoles etc.. that they own on there signature, its nothing new, it is a gaming site for Consoles/handhelds, if you have not already realised! Its all been sorted now and put to bed :) Also friends here that read my list and want to know my FC's for the consoles/handhelds then they can PM me asap and I can swap codes with them, at least that way they know what I own and what FC's I have to swap with them. I'm not trying to make out like wow look what I own aren't I just mega fantastic!!!. No that is definitely not the point I am putting across!, its just a bit of fun on the site that's all :)

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Loads of GBATemp. members list consoles etc.. that they own on there signature, its nothing new

GBATemp isn't the only place I've seen those, but that's beside the point. You could just create a page on Google Docs or DropBox, or anywhere, and list all of your consoles and FCs there, replacing your insanely big signature with "For my console collection and online IDs click HERE!", which would work just as well, and take up a single line, not seven. You do realize that you've listed "Gateway 2.2 Omega" twice, along with separate microSD cards? I know it's for separate consoles, but that information is possibly as irrelevant as it can be.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
GBATemp isn't the only place I've seen those, but that's beside the point. You could just create a page on Google Docs or DropBox, or anywhere, and list all of your consoles and FCs there, replacing your insanely big signature with "For my console collection and online IDs click HERE!", which would work just as well, and take up a single line, not seven. You do realize that you've listed "Gateway 2.2 Omega" twice, along with separate microSD cards? I know it's for separate consoles, but that information is possibly as irrelevant as it can be.

Look tbh does it really matter now? I have settled up with p1ngpong and apologised for my actions and I have also corrected my signature to a normal standard for GBAT. and asked if its OK. So is this really necessary going on about it, bringing it all back up again, causing further arguments on the thread??? I just want the thread to shut or go away, I have sorted my issues out now, I was just having a very bad time of it, if you can appreciate that please, so can we let it drop. :)

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Look tbh does it really matter now?

I don't really care about your beef with the mods. I wanted to know what was the point of having all of that information in the signature, and why was it so important to keep it for all to see. And by the way, is it just me, or did your signature get wider since my last reply? It's kind of ridiculous when you compare it to the length of some boards postings of yours.

So is this really necessary going on about it, bringing it all back up again, causing further arguments on the thread???

I'm not arguing. Are you arguing? I thought we were just having a conversation. You know, when people exchange opinions and ask about things, without being aggressive?

As a side-note, instead of all those lists people tend to have in their signatures, I'd much rather see pictures of their collections. Start a blog or something, put all of the info there, including your gamer tags, friend codes and network IDs, take some pictures and link the damn thing. Those signatures are mostly annoying and, like I said before, pointless. Anyone can do a damn list.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really care about your beef with the mods. I wanted to know what was the point of having all of that information in the signature, and why was it so important to keep it for all to see. And by the way, is it just me, or did your signature get wider since my last reply? It's kind of ridiculous when you compare it to the length of some boards postings of yours.

I'm not arguing. Are you arguing? I thought we were just having a conversation. You know, when people exchange opinions and ask about things, without being aggressive?

As a side-note, instead of all those lists people tend to have in their signatures, I'd much rather see pictures of their collections. Start a blog or something, put all of the info there, including your gamer tags, friend codes and network IDs, take some pictures and link the damn thing. Those signatures are mostly annoying and, like I said before, pointless. Anyone can do a damn list.
Actually tbh with you because you were going on I have deleted a few words and made it smaller, more compact just in case you started another issue off again, you are starting to make me feel paranoid about my signature again. Now please can you just give it a rest now?. OK with you? or if not can mods please shut this thread now. Thanks. Also on another point you mentioned, I don't know about you mentioning a friendly conversation with me, you started off your comment with a really harsh approach towards me, it wasn't friendly what so ever in my opinion, if you go back up the page and read your first comment to me!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually tbh with you because you were going on I have deleted a few words and made it smaller, more compact just in case you started another issue off again, you are starting to make me feel paranoid about my signature again. Now please can you just give it a rest now?. OK with you? or if not can mods please shut this thread now. Thanks. Also on another point you mentioned, I don't know about you mentioning a friendly conversation with me, you started off your comment with a really harsh approach towards me, it wasn't friendly what so ever in my opinion, if you go back up the page and read your first comment to me!

Not specific to your signature, but making the text smaller is a dick paddle for mobile users. The current font colour you use is bearable for dark theme users, but the neutral text color is there for a reason :P

tbh, these threads are a nice read and go have their own lives after a few moments. You probably saw the case and the resolution by the staff was as it should, but it'd be a shame if the future generations missed on the matter :)

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not specific to your signature, but making the text smaller is a dick paddle for mobile users. The current font colour you use is bearable for dark theme users, but the neutral text color is there for a reason :P

tbh, these threads are a nice read and go have their own lives after a few moments. You probably saw the case and the resolution by the staff was as it should, but it'd be a shame if the future generations missed on the matter :)
I totally agree you cant beat a bit of entertainment but she/he was going on just a little to much for my liking, it was starting to get on my nerves after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(