rebeltaz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.RobotsAndComputers.com
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping they removed the time "bomb" but looks like they just increased it by a year (sept 2019 now I think).:unsure: Besides that, not sure if there is any other difference.

http://www.r4isdhc.com/KerneDownload/R4i-V3.9b English.zip

I have sent them an email twice with no repsonse. Maybe you (or anyone here) can answer this for me...

The download page at the site lists this as a firmware for the 2017 card. Can this firmware be applied to the 2016 version of their card?

And - I didn't even know this was a thing until I saw your post - what is the "time bomb"?

Thanks.

Sleet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have sent them an email twice with no repsonse. Maybe you (or anyone here) can answer this for me...

The download page at the site lists this as a firmware for the 2017 card. Can this firmware be applied to the 2016 version of their card?

And - I didn't even know this was a thing until I saw your post - what is the "time bomb"?

Thanks.

All cards from "r4isdhc.com" are exactly the same since 2014 so yes you can use it.

The time thing is just an annoyance really, if your DS date is set after whatever date is programmed in the kernel, the cart will not boot and say it's expired. You can just set the date back when it happens.

Fyi I've since found out this update fixed the white screen issue many games had in the previous kernel update.

rebeltaz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.RobotsAndComputers.com
XP
Country
United States
All cards from "r4isdhc.com" are exactly the same since 2014 so yes you can use it.

The time thing is just an annoyance really, if your DS date is set after whatever date is programmed in the kernel, the cart will not boot and say it's expired. You can just set the date back when it happens.

Fyi I've since found out this update fixed the white screen issue many games had in the previous kernel update.

Cool.. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock