Hacking R4i SDHC Dual Core Update?

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said some cards are not compatible with the firmware upgrade they have on the site if you have a different upgrade installed on your card (the same thing happened to me when I upgraded a card that had a different firmware on it- white screen afterwards)

They just don't explain that on the site...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
These teams put out a lot of carts, though. It may have the same name, but that doesn't mean it's the same physical device.
http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/

Just look at how many models they've sold, two of which are called "dual core" (a lie, of course, they do not have dual-core CPUs like in PCs).

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ Exactly... thats the problem
Some cards have 5.02 firmware installed and some have 5.03 even if it says "2013" (it depends when they were realized) also you could have the new card really its just the sticker that was changed so you have to be careful who you buy from.

For instance the 2013 cards from the new stock supports directly 6.1. and work perfectly with the newest kernel WHILE the old stock of 2013 cards just displays a white screen when selecting a game...

Have you contacted your reseller? they should be able to exchange it. Other than that you are out of luck unless you tried the steps Rydian said :)

Sanchez13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright guys, i've joined up basically to try and find out whats going on with my card. I have the 2013 R4 SDHC RTS LITE silver and it boots up into the os fine but when I try and load a game all I get is a white screen. I've tried updating it via the manufacturers website but everything is already up to date (kernel version 6.0) i tried the links somebody posted earlier with a 6.1 kernel but when I try and flash it it comes up as 5.07 and the flash writer won't let me update. Any suggestions? I've already emailed the reseller to see if I can get it changed but I'd rather just fix it as it took a few weeks to get here.

correction: the Firmware version is 6.0, I managed to update the kernel (2.03) using the links someone posted and it now lets me play some games but just stays on the loading screen for games like pokemon diamond, pokemon black 2, Zelda phantom hourglass

Sanchez13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the website is shocking, you could try the links somebody pasted earlier in this thread. might give you an update. If not try contacting your retailer, mine sent me a few file versions to try for my rts lite silver

sirus1999

Trophies
Website
shabihsazgame.com
XP
Country
Iran
please help...i have R4 SDHC DUAL CORE my 3ds is ver 4.5 .....FIRST VER r4 IS 1.5 AND WHEN i play ds game freez in white screen.....after that i go for update to 1.7....when i update ...3ds show this error 'An Error Has Occurred ...........' whay? what shoud i do? i have not ds console

HeroCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help...i have R4 SDHC DUAL CORE my 3ds is ver 4.5 .....FIRST VER r4 IS 1.5 AND WHEN i play ds game freez in white screen.....after that i go for update to 1.7....when i update ...3ds show this error 'An Error Has Occurred ...........' whay? what shoud i do? i have not ds console
Woooah necro much? Please start a new thread rather than bump one from 2013

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woooah necro much? Please start a new thread rather than bump one from 2013
Uh, no. Don't. I don't think you have any idea of how things work on here, you do not make new threads asking questions. Yes, you shouldn't necrobump things, but you should post in the noob paradise and wait a few days for someone to answer your question, maybe bump it once or twice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work