Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

R4/M3S Commander 1.05a released

Management software

TrolleyDave has released version 1.05a of his R4 DS / M3 DS Simply Commander software.
TrolleyDave said:
I know I said I wasn’t going to release another one for
a week or so but I meant to add the ability to download
DPG and MP3 files as updates so have added it and
released it as 1.05a.

The 1.05 release will still download but will crash with an
Unknown Archive Type. Using v1.05a allow you to filter
them and will move them to whatever folder is set for DPG
and MP3 files in their tabs. Plus it won’t crash
download.gif
Source and Download

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By the way, its version 1.05, not version 0.5

It really is a great program. The only thing I think that would prevent it from working with other drag and drop flash carts is I believe it patches using DLDI for homebrew during the copying process automatically.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, its version 1.05, not version 0.5

It really is a great program. The only thing I think that would prevent it from working with other drag and drop flash carts is I believe it patches using DLDI for homebrew during the copying process automatically.

No, it doesn't do any on the fly patching, it just unzips the data from the zip file into whatever directory it's set to install in. If you wanted to make it work for another Slot 1 card all you'd really have to do is unpack the zip files from the installs directory, repatch the NDS file and rezip it keeping the directory structure as it was packed. Then whenever it installs the homebrew to the card it'll use whatever version is in the zip file.

I can't 100% guarantee it'll work as I've only got a R4 myself and can't try it out but the theory is 100% sound! I don't patch it on the fly for that very reason.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
V1.06 Released!
—–-----------------------------
- Now checks to see if the game you’re adding exists on the card and if it does it prompts for confirmation.
- You can now select between different servers.
- It now displays proper names instead of file names in the Emulators, Applications, Homebrew Games and Updates tabs.
- When installing the backups list it now displays a status box with the information in it.
- Fixed a bug where it loaded translations into the wrong strings in the Applications Tab.
- Added ability to download DPG and MP3 files as update packs. Also installs them to the currently set directories in the respective tabs.
- Refined HTTP download procedure.
- Moved some things around.
- Removed some now redundant things.
- Now searches for and copies over gbaframe.bmp found in any skin archive. Does not work for themes.
- Added Dutch translations. Thanks go to Gerard Terbeke.
- Refined NFO file structure, automatically updates old files.

BTW If anyone has any skins they'd like add as updates then PM me and I'll add them to the updates list. Thanks!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([Jez said:
@ Apr 7 2007, 04:16 PM)]How does the trim work? Anyone have overtrim issues?

It should never suffer from overtrim. I check the cart size as stored in the nds header and add 255 bytes on to the top of just to be safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ