Hacking R4 DS owners roll call

sean2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello All

My first shipment i got from gameyeeeah and 1 of the blue readers was broken(Dont realy need it) but the others works great. i got them in 7 days posting to denmark.

now got a new batch from bamboogaming (cheaper) with the new reader with the 2 pyramids on top all working great.
they say they would take longer time on shipment but also 7 days from them to denmark.

i am very pleased with the r4ds and the m3 simply and the 2 shops as well.

Sean2002
smile.gif

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I FINALLY got my R4 yesterday after waiting for it 3 weeks! DO NOT BUY FROM www.gamersection.com. It's one dude that acts like he is a company, charges premium FedEx rates (he said it would ship FedEx and charged me FedEx rates) & then mailed it regular Canada Postal (can you say retarded SNAIL mail?). Holy cow! Avoid them at all costs!

I suggest using www.realhotstuff.com. They have been incredible on everything else I ever ordered from them & I have bought a LOT from them. They are FAST shippers with very secure packaging. They also have awesome communication skills if you have questions.

decept

Trophies
Website
www.decept.net
XP
Country
United States
Finally got mine, works great. Didn't bother with the USB reader since I have an onboard SD reader on my laptop. Tried PoR and I got freezes, oh well.

Still a great product.

Queuerst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yay.. got mine a couple of weeks ago. It's great!

The only game that I'm having trouble running on it is Castlevania, Portrait of Ruin. I don't know if my ROM is corrupt or not so I'll be looking into this more.

But all in all, I'm loving the card!

edit: i noticed other people having problems with PoR -- so i guess it's not my rom then
smile.gif

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got my R4 in from Bamboogaming yesterday. It shipped on the 19th, and got here on the 29th. 10 days not too bad..

I'm using a Kingston 1GB Taiwan card. No real problems so far. I have a PoR cart so no reason to try to play it off the R4.

The one thing that I can't figure out is how to connect with Beup or DSOrganize's IRC. I set up my Nintendo Wifi USB Connector to become a SoftAP and have made it part of my firmware with Bomberman Land Touch! It connects to Nintendo wifi network fine but won't log into Beup or IRC. Any suggestions?

-I'm also using an onboard SD reader with my microSD->SD adapter so no real use for the included reader.

panosvlass

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Bought mine from divineo.cn.
It came to Greece in 3 days with EMS ...SWEET....

It's the 2nd batch with the black reader and it's working fine!
Also the R4 is working fine, I use a Sandisk 512 which i had in my mobile phone!
I didn't try PoR because i don't like this game.

Cheers

wudifattaflee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Brought mine from my local supplier at S$69.90 with 1G kingston (J) mirco sd sing sometime ago..... Now the card is selling at S$59...... or you can add S$20 to get the 1G Kingston too...

NickSoapdish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered one from realhotstuff.com three days ago, delivered this afternoon. Can't wait to get home to try it, provided my microSD card is also delivered today.

D

Deleted User

Just got two in the mail for my friends. Both work fine so far. They came with the black reader writers.
frown.gif
Bugga!

mysticp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had mine a few days now, it's superb. Got a nice skin I like for it and a 1GB Kingston card which works perfectly on all the games I have tried, including POR

pcsoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Forum, Great members! Order from RHS Sunday and received it today. Good price and fast shipping. The R4 is dead easy and I'm already well on my way thanks to all here!
yaynds.gif

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
R4 is the best slot-1 out!

Super fast (and cheap!) shipping to Australia from divineo.cn! Arrived inside a week!

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
I just ordered an R4 and EZ Deluxe IV Lite - I'll be selling my Supercard lite soon.

I wanted the best of BOTH words -- best GBA performance (EZ IV Deluxe) and best DS performance (R4). Cost $92 shipped express. Not bad at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1