SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any way to delete unused Wiiware/VC tickets without uninstalling the wad?
I would be super careful if you're removing titles. Believe you can do this with either Multi-Mod Manager or Any Title Deleter. Don't accidentally delete system titles as you can brick your Wii. Do make frequent NAND backups just to be on the safe side.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried any title deleter and deleted titles dont show up i can always reinstall the wads and then uninstall the wads i think i could use wiixplorer but i dont know the location of the tickets on the nand and i probably shouldnt mess with it.

Schnaasfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I decided to dust off my old Wii that I have not used for over 10 years, to let my kids play with it.

I have a problem with some original games not starting or loading very slowly. It's a Japanese Wii bought in Japan on release day, so I guess it's the oldest Japanese model. I have wiikey installed. It runs all the burned games and homebrew that I have from back in the days, and also run all original japanese games. But it has problems running some original PAL games that I bought for my son. Skylanders Giants runs, but it takes several minutes for it too load after I pushed "hajimeru" on the main menu. But the game Ben 10: Alien Force won't start. The disc looks alright and it seems the console recognizes it because it shows up on the main screen when I enter the disc into the disc slot. But when I push "hajimeru" the screen goes black and the console goes silent. I have enabled region free in the wiikey menu. Since I have been away for so long, it's hard for me to understand where to start troubleshooting. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to dust off my old Wii that I have not used for over 10 years, to let my kids play with it.

I have a problem with some original games not starting or loading very slowly. It's a Japanese Wii bought in Japan on release day, so I guess it's the oldest Japanese model. I have wiikey installed. It runs all the burned games and homebrew that I have from back in the days, and also run all original japanese games. But it has problems running some original PAL games that I bought for my son. Skylanders Giants runs, but it takes several minutes for it too load after I pushed "hajimeru" on the main menu. But the game Ben 10: Alien Force won't start. The disc looks alright and it seems the console recognizes it because it shows up on the main screen when I enter the disc into the disc slot. But when I push "hajimeru" the screen goes black and the console goes silent. I have enabled region free in the wiikey menu. Since I have been away for so long, it's hard for me to understand where to start troubleshooting. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?
Use Priiloader for region free games, and also use BootMii so you can make a NAND backup.

Rosenkavalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used SaveGame Manager GX to backup my old Wii's internal save game data earlier this year and am now trying to restore it to my new Wii, but the files aren't consistent across backups. For instance: these 2 files are all I have for my RE4 save data backup. How do I restore this? I've re-installed SaveGame Manager GX onto my new Wii but it doesn't recognize data in this format. It also brings up the "Mii channel installed but data's are missing" error. I am aware that prior save data on the console is necessary for any given game's data to be restored and overwritten (as in, from a backed up save) and have already created this.

(And yes, I added the name of the game and its title ID to allow for easy access in file explorer as opposed to strings of random numbers. That's obviously not the issue).

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 23
  • contents.jpg
    contents.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 22

Phantomesque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a good program to view a wii iso's information so I can check if it's the same version I'd need for a mod on romhacking.net?

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii given to me by a friend, they purchased the console from a thrift shop.
Homebrew channel already installed.
System Menu 4.2E

They went to play a disc game from the System Menu, which would crash the Wii. So they decided to reset the Wii via system settings, removing the Homebrew channel, but obviously not fixing the Disc issue. They contact me, asking what the next step should be. I recommended a time machine to go back and not factory reset the Wii.
Easy fix nontheless....in theory. Now that it's in my possession.

Bannerbomb executes, gets stuck at HackMii installer.
Wiibrand, gets stuck at HackMii installer.
FlashHax, gets stuck at HackMii installer.
Well shit, borked IOS installs will do that.
Update from system menu, in hopes Letterbomb wouldn't freeze (I know it would have, just have to try) get error 32007 (homebrew detected can't update via nintendo)

Go the other route of trying to boot WAD manager from Bannerbomb, to reinstall cIOS/IOS (XFlak making it so easy with ModMii, get well soon sir)
Once again bannerbomb lets me load boot.dol/elf but just sits on a black screen, wiimote off, disc drive glowing.

I'm out of ideas. No BootMii, no Priiloader, can't launch a disc game to exploit that way, can't launch WAD manager to fix IOS, can't get into HackMii installer.
Anyone have another idea my old brain has skipped over?

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U tried modmii's hackmii solutions wizard? Try launching a bunch of different wad managers until u have success, yawmme, mmm, etc

U could also try Casper2Bootmii.bat from Modmii's support folder to help u launch directly into bootmii from an exploit, and from there u can make a nand backup even on a virgin wii, then use that to build a virgin nand using ohneschwanzenegger, then restore that virgin nand, then softmod as per the usual process

Last edited by XFlak,

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U tried modmii's hackmii solutions wizard? Try launching a bunch of different was managers until u have success, yawmme, mmm, etc
Yep, hackmii solutions wizard was my first easy-fix hope. I've tried to launch a good chunk of homebrew through an exploit, nothing seems to launch. Had to try on another Wii and Dolphin to make sure I wasn't just losing my mind.

U could also try Casper2Bootmii.bat from Modmii's support folder to help u launch directly into bootmii from an exploit, and from there u can make a nand backup even on a virgin wii, then use that to build a virgin nand using ohneschwanzenegger, then restore that virgin nand, then softmod as per the usual process
Thank you, times a thousand. Will try soon

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

sensesfail18782

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a soft modded wii for a few years now but only today decided to try to put Mame emulation on it. I have the original MameWii. It's not letting me use my GameCube controller to do anything in the games. It always just stays on the game over loading screen like it's waiting for a coin or the start button to be hit.

I tried downloading SaulFabre's Mame Wii 0.6 he posted not long ago which raised support to 10,000 games but he specifically mentioned it would work with different controllers so I tried it.

Long story short I don't know where to put or what to do with or name the .dol file that he uploaded in the zip file, the .dol was all that was in the zip. I tried renaming it boot.dol and putting it in the sdlmame-wii directory on my SD card but it wouldn't boot the app when I did that. Could anyone please tell me what I did wrong? Thanks SaulFabre and the other modders and creators for all your awesome work on this stuff. Good job!

wiigames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have Wii with Gx loader installed with both GameCube and Wii games. All was working fine then I added Wii and cube games by copy and paste. Once I done this none of the Wii games will load I have removed all the games I added and it still doesn't work. Tried to add extra Wii game with wiibackupmanager but still doesn't work. Noob learning fast any help

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've had a soft modded wii for a few years now but only today decided to try to put Mame emulation on it. I have the original MameWii. It's not letting me use my GameCube controller to do anything in the games. It always just stays on the game over loading screen like it's waiting for a coin or the start button to be hit.

I tried downloading SaulFabre's Mame Wii 0.6 he posted not long ago which raised support to 10,000 games but he specifically mentioned it would work with different controllers so I tried it.

Long story short I don't know where to put or what to do with or name the .dol file that he uploaded in the zip file, the .dol was all that was in the zip. I tried renaming it boot.dol and putting it in the sdlmame-wii directory on my SD card but it wouldn't boot the app when I did that. Could anyone please tell me what I did wrong? Thanks SaulFabre and the other modders and creators for all your awesome work on this stuff. Good job!
MameWii is very old, don't use it.
Use RetroArch instead. Here's a quick guide to How-To use it and somr version recommendations.
I know you said MameWii, but I personally spent one year testing all MameWii roms and it fails in comparison with RetroArch. So, use RA instead: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wii-setting-it-up-mini-tutorial.590900/

I have Wii with Gx loader installed with both GameCube and Wii games. All was working fine then I added Wii and cube games by copy and paste. Once I done this none of the Wii games will load I have removed all the games I added and it still doesn't work. Tried to add extra Wii game with wiibackupmanager but still doesn't work. Noob learning fast any help
Check your routes: HDD/ROOT/wbfs/Folders with Game's Name and ID/GameID in WBFS format.

Chack your HDD is in FAT32 with 32K Cluster Size.

Check you didn't added bad dumps.

wiigames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will look into this now I bought Wii off eBay for £70 with couple of games so it was all formatted and working fine I will look in to dumps now
Post automatically merged:

I will look into this now I bought Wii off eBay for £70 with couple of games so it was all formatted and working fine I will look in to dumps now
On the HDD their is only Wii and game cube games no extra files, I don't quite understand how to check paths extra, and dumps do you mean when I manually deleted the games sorry for being total noob

Last edited by wiigames,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Post automatically merged:

On the HDD their is only Wii and game cube games no extra files, I don't quite understand how to check paths extra, and dumps do you mean when I manually deleted the games sorry for being total noob
Unless there was a heavily specified route configuration in USB Loader, I don't think it's possible to just have your games in a HDD and expecting them to get recognized/loaded properly.

It seems you might've messed up the routes in your HDD and panicked and deleted everything making things even worse.
But as everything, it can be fixed.

Now, read this how to, and try again: https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/

wiigames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How can I delete or add on
Unless there was a heavily specified route configuration in USB Loader, I don't think it's possible to just have your games in a HDD and expecting them to get recognized/loaded properly.

It seems you might've messed up the routes in your HD and panicked and deleted everything making things even worse.
But as everything, it can be fixed.

Now, read this how to, and try again can I start fresh and take games off HD and begin again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, she means grow more +1