Questions regarding luma3ds 8.0 and boot9strap....

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by susanoomon, Jun 19, 2017.

1. susanoomon
    OP

susanoomon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    So I just upgraded the the new version of luma3ds and boot9strap and I don't know if it is now safe to update my 3ds due to it not having a emunand.... Also I used godmode9 to back up my emunand but I have no clue how to access it now that I went and used the restore function of godmode9.... Any help would be great... Also how do I set it to go to cfw sysnand?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes you can update. Did you finish the guide? You must have missed this part in https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup
    If you want to have everything on your sysNAND then follow https://3ds.guide/move-emunand

To access sysNAND, hold Select on boot and make sure that "Autoboot emuNAND" is not ticked. Then press Start to save and reboot. You will be in sysNAND.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Jun 19, 2017
  3. susanoomon
    OP

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    I tried to.follow that but I couldn't figure out what to do after restoring it.... The guide doesn't even mention it....

4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Canberra, Australia
    After you restore it, your system will be using the data from your emuNAND. The next step is "Play and enjoy".

5. susanoomon
    OP

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    But none of the games on my emunand are there anymore....

6. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Canberra, Australia
    Maybe try again then, you must have made a mistake in the process.