My New 2DS XL has Luma3DS installed on it but no GM9 or CFW

dynland

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m new to the whole modding community, and on my New 2DS XL, I tried modding it. However, something went wrong when trying to jailbreak, so I figured I could just clear the SD card and start over. I was wrong. Now my console only has Luma3DS installed but doesn’t have godmode9, homebrew, etc. Please help if you can! I need hshop.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Fist, what went wrong while trying to mod it for the first time? Any error? We need more details, like what did you do after that. Do you have a boot.firm file on the sd? Can you open the rosalina menu while on the 3ds homescreen?(L+Down+select)

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My stepson got a homebrew 3DS that basically just had the initial injection done and none of the SD card stuff. I assume that's what's going on with the original poster's 3DS, or similar situation.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

If you follow the steps on there, one of the first things they'll ask if for to you boot the 3DS holding down the Select key. If you see anything other than the Home Screen on a 3DS, there's a link they tell you to follow which will allow you to finish the process with all the goodies that a complete modding has.

dynland

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fist, what went wrong while trying to mod it for the first time? Any error? We need more details, like what did you do after that. Do you have a boot.firm file on the sd? Can you open the rosalina menu while on the 3ds homescreen?(L+Down+select)
1:What ended up going wrong the first time is when I was following a tutorial for my version (11.17.0-50), when he tried to jailbreak it and the wifi network test failed, mine didn’t so I thought I could restart by deleting everything in it, which failed.
2:Since I deleted everything on the SD, there is no “boot.firm” file, only one titled “Nintendo 3DS” (I don’t know if the boot file is in there.)
3:I didn’t know this, but turns out I can open the Rosalina menu, however I just don’t know what to do with it.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
1:What ended up going wrong the first time is when I was following a tutorial for my version (11.17.0-50), when he tried to jailbreak it and the wifi network test failed, mine didn’t so I thought I could restart by deleting everything in it, which failed.
2:Since I deleted everything on the SD, there is no “boot.firm” file, only one titled “Nintendo 3DS” (I don’t know if the boot file is in there.)
3:I didn’t know this, but turns out I can open the Rosalina menu, however I just don’t know what to do with it.
Ok now we're getting somewhere. Use the link Kwyjor posted and follow all inctructions. The thing is if you can access rosalina menu you can use the Health and security app as homebrew launcher to launch FBI and install it on the system so you have access to FBI without needing to use the homebrew launcher, that way you can proceed with the other things you need to install in cia format. By the way, never follow video tutorials since they can get old and deprecated. Always use https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Anyway after doing everything you should have a 3DS folder and a boot.firm on the sd card at least

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, never follow video tutorials since they can get old and deprecated.
I've watched a bunch of video tutorials on modding the 3DS, originally because I was planning on modding my New 3DS XL, but more recently just because I find it interesting to watch people doing it and to see how things change over time. The one thing I've noticed is that nearly all the videos explicitly say to go to the website 3ds.hacks.guide and use that as the primary means of modding your 3DS because videos get outdated as soon as hackers figure out new, better, and safer ways of doing it.

AdmiralBloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have done it already then its already modded, you just need the files. You can check if its modded by holding select while powering on the console, it should boot into LUMA. If its working then all you need is download boot9strap files and put in boot9strap folder you created in the root of your SD CARD. All the files are here https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto