Devilkid32177

OP
Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
most of what you listed are already patched for AP? those will never be fully supported by akaio. however, they should function with AP turned off, but "should" being the important word in that statement. there is no guarantee. you would be much better off debugging with verified clean dumps. you are testing with a lot of pokemon games. are they roms over 128MB in size? if so, please format your msd card using 16k clusters. you can do this in windows using the dos format command. format G: /Q /A:16k /FS:FAT

for pokemon conquest you need to use the "Game Enabler" cheat on a clean rom. http://akaio.net/loaders/

you didn't list the release numbers for most of the files. were they released after 6091? if that is the case then they are probably only supported if the generic AP fixes them. there have been no loader updates since july of this year. meaning that a lot of new games are not guaranteed to function.

i'll see about testing brave, as that is the only english language clean rom on your list. =P

-another world

well, most of them never got a release number, so that is why its like that, and i have been told to run my cards on that format, would that bother the other games if i did that?

yeah, well, im not english if you couldn't tell ;P that is why my english isn't very well off but most of the pokemon games seem to be worse than the random freezing without the patches, i was unable to run the clean versions of them on the cards, i would get dual white screens and unable to boot up the games

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i *think* the smaller cluster means smaller sectors, which translates into faster seek times for larger files. theoretically, it only needs to be done if you are using the AP. its a side effect of a fix to the AP routine. the original ak 2.1 bootloader was much larger than the 2i bootloader. the code was overwriting a section of the bootloader which would brick the 2.1. as acekard never publicly released the reflasher (and instructed me not to release it) the only fix was to adjust how the AP functions. the result of which was an issue with larger files. according to what we were first told, it should only be for 256MB games, but we have seen that it helps games 128MB+ if the card has a 16k cluster size.

you will have issues with many recent games as they have not yet been fixed with loader updates. so if those games were dumped after late june/early july, and if they do not work with the generic AP routines, then they may be unsupported.

what about older roms, have you tried some stuff dumped before the 3,000 mark? what about homebrew, any issues there?

-another world

Devilkid32177

OP
Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
i *think* the smaller cluster means smaller sectors, which translates into faster seek times for larger files. theoretically, it only needs to be done if you are using the AP. its a side effect of a fix to the AP routine. the original ak 2.1 bootloader was much larger than the 2i bootloader. the code was overwriting a section of the bootloader which would brick the 2.1. as acekard never publicly released the reflasher (and instructed me not to release it) the only fix was to adjust how the AP functions. the result of which was an issue with larger files. according to what we were first told, it should only be for 256MB games, but we have seen that it helps games 128MB+ if the card has a 16k cluster size.

you will have issues with many recent games as they have not yet been fixed with loader updates. so if those games were dumped after late june/early july, and if they do not work with the generic AP routines, then they may be unsupported.

what about older roms, have you tried some stuff dumped before the 3,000 mark? what about homebrew, any issues there?

-another world

nope, i haven't had any issues with older roms or homebrew, it's just the newer stuff that ssems to be giving me a headache right now, well the newer roms anyways

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if that is the case then it has to be the fact that those games have not been supported through loader updates. if patched roms running with AP turned off does not work, then the games probably need a more in-depth fix. you might want to report your findings at akaio.net, just be sure to read all the rules before posting.

i hate to say this, because i've had a wonderfully unhealthy relationship with the acekard and akaio, but it may be time to move on to a supercard ds2. normmatt just does not seem to have the free time to work on updates. that doesn't mean updates won't come, but you may be waiting another 4 months to play the newest games.

-another world

Devilkid32177

OP
Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
if that is the case then it has to be the fact that those games have not been supported through loader updates. if patched roms running with AP turned off does not work, then the games probably need a more in-depth fix. you might want to report your findings at akaio.net, just be sure to read all the rules before posting.

i hate to say this, because i've had a wonderfully unhealthy relationship with the acekard and akaio, but it may be time to move on to a supercard ds2. normmatt just does not seem to have the free time to work on updates. that doesn't mean updates won't come, but you may be waiting another 4 months to play the newest games.

-another world

*sigh* well, that is a problem though, i don't have the money to get another card and well i have been babying the acekard and been looking around my area but no one seems to want to give up any extra flashcarts that they don't want, i only got the DSTTi and well cant really use that card because of my DSi is on the latest firmware :(

Devilkid32177

OP
Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
okay, after some searching, i found a more updated MAIO version to work with the latest games ^__^
and it was easy to setup, if anyone is having issues with Acekard 2i like i have been,im willing to help out to get it setup, just have to excuse my english, due to it not being my first language

hmm, seems a little slow to load, but all you have to do overwrite any of the files from the MAIO 3.xx you're using with the card that is closest to yours, well since mine was not on there, i took a swing in the dark and using the R4 MAIO setup and seems to work

nvm, got in over my head, getting a fan init error 75% of the loading for the games now, so im still hunting for a more secure way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey, about switch. If I want to change micro CD card to bigger size, Do I need to do something ...