Hardware [Question] What firmware will Fire Emblem: Fates edition N3DS XL be on?

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works with a 4gb micro sd, but i've got a "an error has occurred" when i was downgrading.

Now I can't run the exploit or enter to configuration any more, that´s the frankenfirmware?

Thanks.
That's frankenfirmware take out the microsd, bootup, put the microsd back in then follow the instructions gunner007 posted on page 4 of the thread

smsmiguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
That's frankenfirmware take out the microsd, bootup, put the microsd back in then follow the instructions gunner007 posted on page 4 of the thread

Will work with CN?

I didn´t take out the microsd and didn´t work the exploit when i reboot the 3ds... i was because the sd card or the CN?

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will work with CN?

I didn´t take out the microsd and didn´t work the exploit when i reboot the 3ds... i was because the sd card or the CN?

read page 4.
basically you need to initiate homebrew using your CN because you're basically on 9.2.0 and finish the downgrade by installing sysupdater and running it on sysnand.

smsmiguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
read page 4.
basically you need to initiate homebrew using your CN because you're basically on 9.2.0 and finish the downgrade by installing sysupdater and running it on sysnand.

But CN exploit after "The homemenu ropbin is ready"

Anyone do it with CN?

Thanks

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally finished downgrading / installing emunand on my Fates 3ds finally. Didn't go as well as I would of liked but its working good now. Took like 2 days because I had an SD card die on me half way through. So many resets mainly on sysupdater

didn't use cubic ninja since I don't have it, browserhaxx does work on this 3ds as long as you block the updates.

Started on 10.3.27.
Used browserhacks with the dns block, installed menuhaxx.
sysupdater downgraded the majority of the cia files but it froze before it could finish all of them got some frankenfirm version of 9.2, but the system still loaded fine, browserhaxx to load sysupdater for like another 1 hour before it went through.
ran the downgrade checker found out i had 2 files that weren't downgraded, due to getting my firmware files from that iso site, which has 2 files missing 0004013000001A02.cia and 0004013000001B02.cia
installed emunand took forever to load and a lot of stuff didn't work right, then my sd card died
got new sd card
So I downgraded, the 2 cias that were missing with sysupdater, have to get them from an old3ds firmware, then the check came out 100% correct except for the amiibo settings which doesn't matter.
set up emunand again with reinand and everything works this time around.

I think I must of reset my n3ds around close to 60-70 times mainly due to sysupdater not wanting to work. I am pretty sure the 2 missing cia files casued problems the first time around making things take longer then they should. What seemed to help though is the ftbrony trick where you open it up and close it with B quickly for whatever reason that increased the sysupdater bootrate.

Last edited by Ryu X,

neomyked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
in my case accessing hbl via menuhax has the higher chance for sysupdater to work... my OOThax wont load sysupdater it always hang up on me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1