Hardware [Question] What firmware will Fire Emblem: Fates edition N3DS XL be on?

Wilsonec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's not been confirmed, but based on past experience what firmware is the new 3DS XL model likely to come with?

Will they have had time to flash 10.4 onto the systems?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's not been confirmed, but based on past experience what firmware is the new 3DS XL model likely to come with?

Will they have had time to flash 10.4 onto the systems?

if it is above 10.3, hardmod it and downgrade using the new hybrid firmware method. With this method, all 10.4 and 10.5 3DSs can be downgraded now.

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw a couple of these threads, general opinion was
FE:fates 3ds firmware < 10.3
Some of the more active members of community even bet 9.5~9.9 range. The assumptions were based on the fact that the FE consoles were already in production before 10.4 and 10.5 even dropped.

If that still doesn't convince you to buy one, you could always buy it then wait until someone online confirms the firmware. If it's not on the firmware you wanted you can just return it and get your money back. No harm done. Hope that answers your question.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most likely greater than 10.3, but really, we don't know until it's released
If it is 10.4+, then you need to hardmod it to downgrade or wait it out until another method is found

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just pre-ordered it from best buy today. I'm still surprised it's still in stock and now let's all hope it's 10.3 or lower; fingers crossed.

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just pre-ordered it from best buy today. I'm still surprised it's still in stock and now let's all hope it's 10.3 or lower; fingers crossed.
I did the same yesterday lol, I'm right there with you. If it isnt lower than 10.3 I'm just going to return it, not gonna bother hard modding.

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same question, what fw it would be? i want to Pre order it but betting on fw like that is a no no since i want to make it a cfw one
Impossible to know till someone gets there hands on it. Guessing/betting is all we have.

Razhad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Impossible to know till someone gets there hands on it. Guessing/betting is all we have.
i would like to do the same like yours.
unfortunately i live in indonesia where nintendo support is out of question and there's no place like gamestop here. so i can't just return it on a whim.

JunpeiIroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely greater than 10.3, but really, we don't know until it's released
If it is 10.4+, then you need to hardmod it to downgrade or wait it out until another method is found
Maybe, maybe not. It depends on when these systems were produced.

If amiibo are anything to go by, the March releases began production in December and January. It's a 75/25 IMO.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw a couple of these threads, general opinion was
FE:fates 3ds firmware < 10.3
Some of the more active members of community even bet 9.5~9.9 range. The assumptions were based on the fact that the FE consoles were already in production before 10.4 and 10.5 even dropped.

If that still doesn't convince you to buy one, you could always buy it then wait until someone online confirms the firmware. If it's not on the firmware you wanted you can just return it and get your money back. No harm done. Hope that answers your question.
considering that the ACHHD new3DS was 9.8, id say it's most likely past that

Wilsonec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm probably going to buy the console and brick it within one hour of having it...
If that were to happen you should be able to get in to system recovery to fix it, though it will be on 10.5 so you'll want to return it and get another ;) you can't lose

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since it doesn't have a game installed they're likely just putting new cases on whatever stock they have so almost for sure will be whatever the current firmware at the stores is 9.8ish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.