RodrigoR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,
I have some question about WW and VC on vWii.
First let me tell what i have done so far on my WiiU

- Exploit vWii using my ToS game
- Installed HBC
- Installed d2x-cIOS-V10
- Keys dump with xyzzy
- Nand dump on SD with DmpMiNND
- Installed wiiflow and usbloader gx (on sdcard with fowarder)
* if i missed doing something important, please let me know.

I mainly use vWii to play some wiigames from an external HD (working 100% on usbloadergx)
I was still holding my wii cause of my GC disc games, but i decided to sell it this week.

So I want to know if theres a easy way to run my WW/VC .WAD files safely on vWii FROM my SD.
I want to leave my HDD to wii backup only.
And run some WW/VC wads from my SDCARD.

99.9% i use USB Loader GX to play on vWii.
I'm asking cause i was searching info about it, and i don't remember the topic right now but it said that it had risk in installing wii wads..
So i got confused.
Do i need to use some wad manager? it's safe? or theres another way to load then from a SDCARD?

If someone can help me out with this pointing the right stuff to do, i would appreciate.

Bonus question :)
How's the emulation on vWii, can someone tip me a good PsX emulator that runs ok on vWii?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: NoNAND

RodrigoR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks for the reply, but still not really answer my question.
I know you can install wads using wad manager. (btw that guide is for wii).
I want to know how safe it is to install WC/VC .wads on vWii as they are similar but not equal system.
Need to install on emunand (like on wii)?
There's any "simple/safe" way to play WC/VC .wad on vWii? Preferable on a SD card (not on HDD)

thanks.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks for the reply, but still not really answer my question.
I know you can install wads using wad manager. (btw that guide is for wii).
I want to know how safe it is to install WC/VC .wads on vWii as they are similar but not equal system.
Need to install on emunand (like on wii)?
There's any "simple/safe" way to play WC/VC .wad on vWii? Preferable on a SD card (not on HDD)

thanks.
if your installing your regin VC/WC official wads then its safe i installed a bunch of them on my vwii, if your installing wads like fowardes and other homebrew programes they wont work since they are wii only, but offcial wads for anything on e shop works perfectly with no risk.

RodrigoR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the clarification pedro702.
Btw do you know if it's safe to create an install on emunand like on wii( pointing to sdcard)?
Asking just cause vWii like on wii have limited storage.
Although i dont have that many ww/vc titles that i like to play and mostly vc titles that i play were released on wiiu vc and i own then already.

But is good to know that oficial wads is safe.
thanks again.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Btw do you know if it's safe to create an install on emunand like on wii( pointing to sdcard)?
Although i dont have that many ww/vc titles that i like to play and mostly vc titles that i play were released on wiiu vc and i own then already.

thanks again.
thats one fo those things that if it isnt made specialy for vwii it can brick i dont even know if there is a vwii version of emunand tbh.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

thanks again.
Yes, no problems at all with emunand on sd, on vWii, however as usbloadergx seems your goto loader, that won't play from there. Either you'll have to use Wiiflow for sd emunand, or perhaps a better option - vWii ios80 (you can't autoboot into a loader in vwii, so for better compatibility you may as well use the sd card menu)

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What I do to play WiiWare/VC tittles, and I guess its without any risks.

1. Extract your nand using Wiiflow.
2. Get your emunand(the nand extracted from Wiiflow) to the computer and install WiiWare/VC wads using Showmiiwads.
3. Get the emunand/nand folder back to the sdcard.
4. Start Wiiflow again, select emunand in nand emulation and be sure to reload cache.

Play the titles using Wiiflow.

As of using installing wads directly to the vWii I would not do it, if you mess it up you end up with an bricked vWii

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i have used an emunand built from my original wii and loaded on my vwii. i played sonic episode 1 it worked fine. i didnt get chance to have proper testing with it though. and wiisx has some games that are playable (crash bandicoot 1 and 2/GTA/ granturismo 1) are a few i play myself

RodrigoR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks all for the reply.
I'm gonna try emunand with wiiflow (i have it already, but i dont use it for wii bkp cause for some reasons it black screen some games).
The IOS80 Patch is tempting but i don't wanna mess around system menu on vWii yet.

Again, thanks all for your time and reply.
Helped me a lot :)

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks all for the reply.
I'm gonna try emunand with wiiflow (i have it already, but i dont use it for wii bkp cause for some reasons it black screen some games).
The IOS80 Patch is tempting but i don't wanna mess around system menu on vWii yet.

Again, thanks all for your time and reply.
Helped me a lot :)

I wouldnt do any IOS patch either.

Black screen games with Wiiflow, try forcing it to use ios 249 for the games..

EDIT: And PS I had issues with using the builtin wad installer to emunand with usb loaders, stick with "Showmiiwads" when installing/removing games on the emunand.

RodrigoR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wel, I extracted my nand with wiiflow, instaled some test ww wads with showmiiwads, loaded the emunand,
dowloaded missing banners etc... All seemed just fine, untill... i tried to run the ww game.
I tried 5 games, all the same, it tries to load, screen go black, wiimote got desync, after around 30s or so, it goes back to wiiflow.
Wiiflow really doesnt like me. I tried changing ww cios on load, 249, 250. all the same.

Emunand on vWii really not working on usbloader gx? only with wiiflow?
Any tips?

Thanks.

*EDIT*
I changed my cIOS on slot 249 to beta52 it resolved some issues (4 out of the 5 games are now loading finally, the last one still same thing)
My current cIOS:
249 - beta52
250 - beta53alt
251 - beta53alt

fariasluciano

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The only PSX emulator for Wii is WiiSX I'm pretty sure, and I heard it doesn't work very well. You could try it, it might work well with certain games.
Having problem with wiisx too... Everithing works fine till the bios... When the bios animation end, that"stack dump" error and forces me to a hard reset.
Any tip?

D

Deleted User

Is it really all that dangerous to install WADs? I've installed dozens of VC and Wiiware wads no problem and play wii and gcn back ups . I honestly never understood why everyone bothers with all this nand crap, but maybe thats because I dont entirely understand what it is or why I'd want it lol

Edit: Oh also why does everyone use USB Loader GX? I've always had tons of problems with it and its a pain in the ass to get to work. Configurable USB Loader is so much better and I've never had a single issue with it

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it really all that dangerous to install WADs? I've installed dozens of VC and Wiiware wads no problem and play wii and gcn back ups . I honestly never understood why everyone bothers with all this nand crap, but maybe thats because I dont entirely understand what it is or why I'd want it lol

Edit: Oh also why does everyone use USB Loader GX? I've always had tons of problems with it and its a pain in the ass to get to work. Configurable USB Loader is so much better and I've never had a single issue with it

The issue with installing Wiiware\VC wads is that if The banner in the wad somehow is bad it will brick your vWii.

With regular Wii most har either bootmi or priloader to unbrick, thats not the case with vWii.

fariasluciano

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Having a backup is always better than have none.
Probably you'll only understand that when your wii get bricked. I Hope not, but better safe than sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30