Homebrew [Question] Should I buy fieldrunners right now?

What should I do/will most likely happend?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
if you do it from emunand, it would not affect your sysnand so you can transfer without worry of loss of sysnand... just make sure you transfer from sysnand on both consoles and you should have access on both systems... can someone conform this to make sure I'm not making @dotarice do something potentially stupid??

Reactions: dotarice

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
if you do it from emunand, it would not affect your sysnand so you can transfer without worry of loss of sysnand... just make sure you transfer from sysnand on both consoles and you should have access on both systems... can someone conform this to make sure I'm not making @dotarice do something potentially stupid??
I did this yesterday and besides buying the game on the emuNAND I still had to install it on the sysNAND anyway to work. And the public.sav that grabs it's from the sysNAND(I tried to test the exploit with only the modified sav on the emu and didn't load.)

Reactions: Saternoir

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don't need to install it on both SysNAND and EmuNAND just EmuNAND is enough, but you can't test it beforehand. For testing you need it on both.
Did it for a friend a week ago and that just worked fine.

Last edited by Ar5chK3ks,

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You don't need to install it on both if you just want to transfer it. If you want to test it beforehand you need to have it on both.
Did it for a friend a week ago and that just worked fine.
Yea I know I've just was making sure it would work

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
^^ I felt like it wasn't clear from your post before so I just wanted to clarify it for everyone to prevent missunderstanding :3

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you're on 11.0 ofw, then you can't enter eshop unless you will update to the latest firmware if i'm not mistaken.
Luckily we have ctr-httpwn to bypass the update check from e-shop and serveral other apps unless it reboots before starting it.

as long as you patch your emunand, you can still keep your online services in tact... again, can somebody conform this??
If you use a CFW Version that is compatible with 11.2 sure(just writing because of many People having Problems with luma's nightly builds which are already fixed)

Last edited by Ar5chK3ks,

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Luckily we have ctr-httpwn to bypass the update check from e-shop and serveral other apps unless it reboots before starting it.
wasn't there a patch you could do to your emunand yourself that you could block all signs of a system update... I swear it was before a9lh existed... I might be too tired to think straight....

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well Idk of any since I joined this Scene the time a9lh was first released and downgrading was much more unsecure ....
But that would be possible.
Other question: Any reason you don't want to update that EmuNAND?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend updated to 11.2 even though I told him not to update because of the k11 exploit coming out... My 3ds has A9LH on it, but Id rather get a way to have his nnid on my emunand if possible and system transfer from that. After backing up my sd card and sysnand of course. I want to get his downgraded, but the issue of resetting up my 3ds afterwards and either having him take my nnid off of his 3ds or call in for nintendo to do it is kind of not what im looking to do.... Is there an entire tut on plaitect to system transfer and get all of my stuff back afterwards or what?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Ctr-httpwn will not steal my credit card info ?
Yes, but only if you have a credit card that supports NFC and an n3ds. ctr-httpwn activates the 3ds NFC to grab all credit cards within a 10 foot range, and steals it and sends it to the creator of the program.

This is a joke, ctr-httpwn doesn't steal anything.

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>says he's 21 on his profile
>needs mom to buy a $5 eshop game.
Haha, you got me.
Anyways I think I'm gonna do some chores. The promblem is my mom has no trust with me and my credit card... :/

gregory2590

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend is on 11.1. Should he still upgrade to 11.2 to get fieldrunners anyway? Or will this exploit be only for 11.0?

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend is on 11.1. Should he still upgrade to 11.2 to get fieldrunners anyway? Or will this exploit be only for 11.0?
Just tell your friend to use ctrhpttwn to get fieldrunners, AFAIK this will NOT work 11.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ