Homebrew [Question] Should I buy fieldrunners right now?

What should I do/will most likely happend?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am one of those unfortunate souls that have a 3ds on fw 11.0. I along with many others, was so hyped by seeing the downgrade tool released with the only things required being fieldrunners and a kernal 11 exploit. Even though a k11 exploit has not yet been released, many are buying fieldrunners in anticipation of N taking it down. Now after some reaserch, I have found a little trick to continue buying games after N has taken them down. I'm sure many of you have already heard of it, it's the one where you add the game to your wishlist so you can still buy the game. The question is, is this a reliable method? It seem's like something that N could very easily fix and I don't want to take too many chances after waiting this long for an exploit to come out.

What are your guys thoughts on the matter?

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy it, if they take it down it'll be because they're not patching (or can't patch) the downgrade any time soon, making it a worthy addition to spare when you can get the second system.

TEINDTPA

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
ICWHATYOUDIDTHERE.com
XP
Country
Mauritius
I am one of those unfortunate souls that have a 3ds on fw 11.0. I along with many others, was so hyped by seeing the downgrade tool released with the only things required being fieldrunners and a kernal 11 exploit. Even though a k11 exploit has not yet been released, many are buying fieldrunners in anticipation of N taking it down. Now after some reaserch, I have found a little trick to continue buying games after N has taken them down. I'm sure many of you have already heard of it, it's the one where you add the game to your wishlist so you can still buy the game. The question is, is this a reliable method? It seem's like something that N could very easily fix and I don't want to take too many chances after waiting this long for an exploit to come out.

What are your guys thoughts on the matter?

Buy it! Soon we will got the K11 hax!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
5 bucks are worth it...

they may take it down, maybe not.. but there is a third option, they may patch it and then it will be too late

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit off topic but if I buy an eshop card in Germany, will the code still work on an American 3ds?

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$5, just offer to do a chore. If there's no $5 codes, there are definitely $10

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I thought of this was that Nintendo wouldn't patch the game, but they'd patch the system transfer service to check the specific DsiWare hax games save files and see if they're good. If they're hacked, the save is deleted. OR, the saves of DsiWare games could be deleted in the transfer process.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The way I thought of this was that Nintendo wouldn't patch the game, but they'd patch the system transfer service to check the specific DsiWare hax games save files and see if they're good. If they're hacked, the save is deleted. OR, the saves of DsiWare games could be deleted in the transfer process.
It might be difficult to check for hacked saves. Deleting Fieldrunners/Exidia save files outright seems more likely.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't taken them off the eShop yet.

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
i have a question; if i system transfer a fieldrunners game (a9lh to stock), would i still be able to transfer another one after restoring the nand to where i recently bought it before?

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
@DarkRiolu264 yeah that was why i was wondering. since i would purchase the game from the e-shop, there would be a way for me to redownload and recommit another transfer (after waiting for a week of course) using the same dsiware downgrade pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.