Hacking [QUESTION/HELP] Update CFW ?

Canja18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys,

I have a Noob question, because i'm new at 3ds world.

I have an Old 3DS, and they told me to go to 3ds.guide's website and do the tutorial.

I did and I got a 3Ds with CFW (at least I can install games and other things like freEshop). If I go to the definitions it appears that the software is the "Sys 11.3.0-36E" ... But I stopped playing, and now I came back and appears to update the software.

My question is: if I upgrade, will I be without CFW?

Ps: I deleted the freEshop to install a newer one and now says it does not give because it is already installed.

I tried tikShop, but when I go to eShop it gives the software update notification. What can I do?

Best regards,
Canja18

sorry for my bad english

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no risk to updating when you already have CFW, so yes.
You said you uninstalled freeShop, right? Does it still appear in the 3DS system settings in the data management section?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's almost never a risk when updating your OFW. Both Luma3DS and ReiNAND are setup to completely protect your entrypoint from being removed.
The last time we had issues was an unintentional side effect caused when Nintendo added a new NATIVE_FIRM to 11.3 and 11.4. Which was quickly fixed within a few hours of it being reported.
CIAs installed onto your system will not be effected by OFW updates, so long as you can boot into your CFW. This is once again because CFWs patch out the signature requirement for CIAs and OFW updates really don't target CIAs.

I would also like to mention that I have been running 11.5 since it was released. Neither ReiNAND nor a private CFW that I run have suffered any ill effect from the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://videocardz.com/newz/chinese-company-reveals-worlds-first-intel-lunar-lake-gaming-handheld