Homebrew Question about neek2o

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

I have my wii all setup with priiliader, crazy intro, wiiflow etc.

I wonder if I install neek2o, I will habe to launch it manually each time ?

There is a way to auto boot it after click on press a health screen ?

If I understand right, when we have neek2o installed, we can get rid of wiifliw and hbc channel on our real system ? Since we acces them with neek2o on a virtual nand ?

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I have my wii all setup with priiliader, crazy intro, wiiflow etc.

I wonder if I install neek2o, I will habe to launch it manually each time ?

There is a way to auto boot it after click on press a health screen ?

If I understand right, when we have neek2o installed, we can get rid of wiifliw and hbc channel on our real system ? Since we acces them with neek2o on a virtual nand ?

Pretty sure you can use priiloader to autoboot into your neek2o NAND. I'd say keep the hbc, in case you ever need it, it doesnt take much space. As for getting rid of your loader you will lose the ability/convenience of easily enabling/utilizing ocarina codes, wiimmfi(private server), nintendont, and neek2o integration. But yes i think if you only want to boot in to neek then priiloader will make it possible.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Bootmiii is installed to boot 2 then you can set up (U)neek2o to boot automatically if the SD is in. Fairly useful setup. You can have separate NANDS for everyone. I had 1 Wii setup as 3 completely different Wiis for my friend's kids. Pull out the SD and put in a new one and it was a brand new Wii..

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need BootMii as boot2 to do that. You can set Priiloader to run the BootMii IOS at startup instead.

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I just need to set priiloader to auto boot bootmii ? I just dont get how bootmii supposed to boot neek2o ?

For the moment, I made the necessary setup with modmii, it give me two folder, one to put into sd card and other one on usb drive, then I just run midmii installer and it will create sneek channel on my real nand right ?

After that, I would like to keep my boot animation with crazy intro and with my custom health screen. If I setup autoboot priiloader to sneak, can I setup the priiloader on emunand to load crazy intro ?

Does both priiloader will use the same priiloader folder on sd card ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
modmii will not create channels of your real NAND, it will generate an empty, new, NAND copy as a folder to put on SD (Sneek) or USB (Uneek). you will have to setup the date, sync the wiimote, etc. just like when you buy a new console.
Modmii generated the minimum required file to become a "new wii", but on first launch the console will take few minutes on a black screen (don't worry) while its generating the missing files.

If you want to launch Neek(2o) manually instead of using priiloader because you want to see your crazy intro and custom health screen, then you need to use Nswitch homebrew.
Nswitch exists both in homebrew (to be launched from HBC) and as a channel (to be installed on your system menu).
Nswitch can also be used to "switch" back to real NAND by rebooting the console. You can install the nSwitch channel on the emulated NAND to have an easy way to exit Neek mode.

Different methods to launch/exit neek:
- If you use Bootmii@boot2, it launches sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin at launch (bypassing ALL splash screens and animations), which is a program replaced (not bootmii anymore) with a neek(2o) launcher, which loads SD:/sneek/kernel.bin.
- When you are on realNAND, nSwitch launches bootmii IOS. BootMii IOS launches sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin on SD card, which is replaced with a program to launch neek(2o) located on SD:/sneek/kernel.bin.
- Nswitch on vWii (not Wii) work the same way than USBLoaderGX, it doesn't use armboot.bin file at all, it loads sd:/sneek/kernel.bin directly
- USBLoaderGX uses the same method than nSwitch vWii, but improves it a little : it launches kernel.bin (not sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin), but loads from either SD OR USB based on your emuNAND path setting ! (no need to put bootmii and sneek files on both SD and USB)
- when you are on Neek, nSwitch reboot the console to go back to realNAND.

Priiloader on emuNAND (neek) is usually not recommended, but I think it's possible. I think there's a special priiloader for neek, but I never bother reading or learning about it. Someone else will help you about it.

Priiloader doesn't use a folder on the SD card. (or the hack.ini files are loaded from SD? it shouldn't work like that)
When booting into neek, your SD card is usually not available anymore and no homebrew can access it. neek(2o) is usually used to play installed channel's games, not to launch homebrew.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
modmii will not create channels of your real NAND, it will generate an empty, new, NAND copy as a folder to put on SD (Sneek) or USB (Uneek). you will have to setup the date, sync the wiimote, etc. just like when you buy a new console.
Modmii generated the minimum required file to become a "new wii", but on first launch the console will take few minutes on a black screen (don't worry) while its generating the missing files.

If you want to launch Neek(2o) manually instead of using priiloader because you want to see your crazy intro and custom health screen, then you need to use Nswitch homebrew.
Nswitch exists both in homebrew (to be launched from HBC) and as a channel (to be installed on your system menu).
Nswitch can also be used to "switch" back to real NAND by rebooting the console. You can install the nSwitch channel on the emulated NAND to have an easy way to exit Neek mode.

- If you use Bootmii@boot2, it launches armboot.bin at launch, which is a program replaced (not bootmii anymore) with a neek(2o) launcher.
- When you are on realNAND, nSwitch launches bootmii IOS. BootMii IOS launches armboot.bin on SD card, which is replaced with a program to launch neek(2o).
- when you are on Neek, nSwitch reboot the console to go back to realNAND.

Priiloader on emuNAND (neek) is usually not recommended, but I think it's possible. I think there's a special priiloader for neek, but I never bother reading or learning about it. Someone else will help you about it.

Priiloader doesn't use a folder on the SD card. (or the hack.ini files are loaded from SD? it shouldn't work like that)
When booting into neek, your SD card is usually not available anymore and no homebrew can access it. neek(2o) is usually used to play installed channel's games, not to launch homebrew.

Ok :) I am not sure I fully understand, how nSwitch can preserve my crazy intro ?

If I understand right, I have for now my real nand that have priiloader installed on it, once in the regular system menu, I can launch neek2o channel ?
That will "boot" my emunand that modmii have created, so if I have to have crazy intro on that emunand, I have to install priiloader and press the reset button when it boot the emunand right ?

and having installed nSwitch on emunand will take me back to the real nand ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nSwitch preserve your intro because you manually launch nSwitch AFTER you see the intro.
it's a homebrew you need to launch yourself, it's not automated at all.

Your Crazy intro is on real NAND.
Boot -> realNAND priiloader -> realNAND Crazy intro -> realNAND system menu -> realNAND HBC (or any other channel) -> nSwitch -> emuNAND Neek (no intro, no priiloader, just system menu)

you can launch nSwitch homebrew from HBC (if you don't have the nSwitch channel)
or you can launch the nSwitch channel (you don't need to go to HBC to launch it)

if you install the nSwitch channel on your emuNAND, you'll see that channel when you are on neek, and it's just a rebooter program used to ... reboot :P (rebooting just return to realnand)

nSwitch is a homebrew (installed as a channel) to switch : realNAND <-> Neek

but it's not autoboot :(
if you want autoboot into neek, and crazy intro, then I think you need priiloader and crazy intro on neek.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nSwitch preserve your intro because you manually launch nSwitch AFTER you see the intro.
it's a homebrew you need to launch yourself, it's not automated at all.

Your Crazy intro is on real NAND.
Boot -> realNAND priiloader -> realNAND Crazy intro -> realNAND system menu -> realNAND HBC (or any other channel) -> nSwitch -> emuNAND Neek (no intro, no priiloader, just system menu)

you can launch nSwitch homebrew from HBC (if you don't have the nSwitch channel)
or you can launch the nSwitch channel (you don't need to go to HBC to launch it)

if you install the nSwitch channel on your emuNAND, you'll see that channel when you are on neek, and it's just a rebooter program used to ... reboot :P (rebooting just return to realnand)

nSwitch is a homebrew (installed as a channel) to switch : realNAND <-> Neek

that's what I understood in your first post of this thread.
if now, you want to autoboot into neek, but still have intro, it's a different setup.

aaah now I got it ;) So I dont need to install any custom boot or custom health screen on emunand.

There is a way to auto boot nSwitch after crazy intro ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Crazy intro seems to have a way to launch a specific installed channel (for example nSwitch) instead of system menu;

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Crazy_Intro
see the config section, you have to put the crazyintro.xml configuration file on SD, and edit the buttons.

You can choose different channels to boot using Button pressed, or set an autoboot to one of the channel.

in <titles> tag, add this :
<Title id="NEEK" title_type="1" title_id="NK2O" title_name="Neek2o" />

NK2O is the titleID of the nSwitch channel.

edit the autoboot line to :
<Autoboot enabled="1" launches="NEEK"/>

After the animation, it autoboots "neek" xml tag name, that you defined above.

keep the button combo to :
<Shortcuts>
<Shortcut button="A" launches="MENU"/>
<Shortcut button="B" launches="HBC"/>

so you can still launch the real NAND system menu with pressing A, or realNAND HBC with pressing B.

as a result :
Boot -> priiloader -> installed dol -> crazy intro dol -> plays the crazy intro animation -> wait for end of animation to autoboot nswitch installed channel, or bypass animation by pressing a button on wiimote (or reset on console if wiimote unsync) to boot realNAND shortcuts.

Of course, if you want to replace the health and warning screen, you need to replace the one from the system menu you are loading.
if you autoboot neek, then it's the neek's system menu that you need to edit.

(took me 2 minutes to google and learn about crazy intro, I never used it before)

Last edited by Cyan,

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crazy intro seems to have a way to launch a specific installed channel (for example nSwitch) instead of system menu;

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Crazy_Intro
see the config section, you have to put the crazyintro.xml configuration file on SD, and edit the buttons.

You can choose different channels to boot using Button pressed, or set an autoboot to one of the channel.

in <titles> tag, add this :
<Title id="NEEK" title_type="1" title_id="NK2O" title_name="Neek2o" />

NK2O is the titleID of the nSwitch channel.

edit the autoboot line to :
<Autoboot enabled="1" launches="NEEK"/>

After the animation, it autoboots "neek" xml tag name, that you defined above.

keep the button combo to :
<Shortcuts>
<Shortcut button="A" launches="MENU"/>
<Shortcut button="B" launches="HBC"/>

so you can still launch the real NAND system menu with pressing A, or realNAND HBC with pressing B.

as a result :
Boot -> priiloader -> installed dol -> crazy intro dol -> plays the crazy intro animation -> wait for end of animation to autoboot nswitch installed channel, or bypass animation by pressing a button on wiimote (or reset on console if wiimote unsync) to boot realNAND shortcuts.

(took me 2 minutes to google and learn about crazy intro, I never used it before)

loll thanks a lot, I didn't look at crazy intro very much because it almost make me insane after 5 days of search to find how to create a video avi working with it ;)

I have one more question, what is the link between sneak and bootmii ? bootmii supposed to auto boot sneak when we launch bootmii ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bootmii (boot2) is a way to launch a program on SD card. that program's path is hardcoded in bootmii's code.
There are two ways to use bootmii (at boot 2, and at IOS).

normal console boot sequence
power -> boot 0 -> boot 1 -> boot2 -> TitleID of system menu

bootmii@boot2
power -> boot 0 -> boot 1 (modified by hackmii installer if vulnerable) > boot2 (replaced with bootmii's code) -> SD card's armboot.bin file (instead of system menu, it's loading a file on SD)

bootmii@IOS
power -> boot 0 -> boot 1 -> boot2 -> system menu -> HBC -> Home button -> Bootmii IOS > SD card's armboot.bin file

(I didn't put priiloader and crazy intro in that sequence to make it simpler)

the original bootmii's "armboot.bin" installed on SD card when you run hackmii installer is a program (like boot.elf, boot.dol, except it's named armboot.bin) which is used to backup/restore NAND, boot system menu or HBC.
but that program can be anything else, for example a "neek launcher" !

so, bootmii loads armboot.bin and launches it, that's all.
when you setup neek (from modmii, or from neek installer), it generates a program named armboot.bin which is the neek launcher, and you put that file here sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin (hardcoded path used by bootmii)
to launch that "neek launcher" program, you just need to trigger bootmii to do it (from boot2 or from IOS).

Like I explained above in a previous message, that program (armboot.bin) is in fact loading "sd:/sneek/kernel.bin" in memory. (the neek kernel, instead of the console's realNAND kernel)
to put the console in "neek mode" you need to replace the official kernel in memory with the neek kernel. USBLoaderGX is doing it without using armboot.bin (usbgx is doing what armboot.bin program is doing, so you don't need bootmii nor that file at all if you use usbloadergx, just the neek kernel). I just explain how USBGX works for curious users, it will not help you at all as you launch neek at boot (using bootmii@boot2 or priiloader+crazy intro).

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Cecilmax

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bootmii (boot2) is a way to launch a program on SD card. that program's path is hardcoded in bootmii's code.
There are two ways to use bootmii (at boot 2, and at IOS).

normal console boot sequence
power -> boot 0 -> boot 1 -> boot2 -> TitleID of system menu

bootmii@boot2
power -> boot 0 -> boot 1 (modified by hackmii installer if vulnerable) > boot2 (replaced with bootmii's code) -> SD card's armboot.bin file (instead of system menu, it's loading a file on SD)

bootmii@IOS
power -> boot 0 -> boot 1 -> boot2 -> system menu -> HBC -> Home button -> Bootmii IOS > SD card's armboot.bin file

(I didn't put priiloader and crazy intro in that sequence to make it simpler)

the original bootmii's "armboot.bin" installed on SD card when you run hackmii installer is a program (like boot.elf, boot.dol, except it's named armboot.bin) which is used to backup/restore NAND, boot system menu or HBC.
but that program can be anything else, for example a "neek launcher" !

so, bootmii loads armboot.bin and launches it, that's all.
when you setup neek (from modmii, or from neek installer), it generates a program named armboot.bin which is the neek launcher, and you put that file here sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin (hardcoded path used by bootmii)
to launch that "neek launcher" program, you just need to trigger bootmii to do it (from boot2 or from IOS).

Like I explained above in a previous message, that program (armboot.bin) is in fact loading "sd:/sneek/kernel.bin" in memory. (the neek kernel, instead of the console's realNAND kernel)
to put the console in "neek mode" you need to replace the official kernel in memory with the neek kernel. USBLoaderGX is doing it without using armboot.bin (usbgx is doing what armboot.bin program is doing, so you don't need bootmii nor that file at all if you use usbloadergx, just the neek kernel). I just explain how USBGX works for curious users, it will not help you at all as you launch neek at boot (using bootmii@boot2 or priiloader+crazy intro).

Thanks a lot for the details :) so in fact, it replace bootmii when we install sneek. I have bootmii as ios. When we install sneek with the package that modmii prepare, it install a channel to lauch sneek2o or it is replacing bootmii ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bootmii is a two part program, that's why it's confusing users.

Bootmii is :
1. a launcher, installed on the console (used to load armboot.bin file on SD card)
2. a program, armboot.bin on SD card, with a graphic user interface, used to backup/restore your NAND.

when you replace the armboot.bin file generated by modmii, it replaces the 2nd bootmii (the NAND backup/restore program) with a neek loader program.
It does NOT replace the first bootmii (the "boot2" or the "IOS" installed on your console by hackmii installer)

when you launch bootmii (on the console) it doesn't launch bootmii (on SD) anymore.
you still have bootmii, but you don't have bootmii :D (ok, I'm doing it on purpose to confuse you)

Last edited by Cyan,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Bootmii is :
1. a launcher, installed on the console (used to load armboot.bin file on SD card)
2. a program, armboot.bin on SD card, with a graphic user interface, used to backup/restore your NAND.

when you replace the armboot.bin file generated by modmii, it replaces the 2nd bootmii (the NAND backup/restore program) with a neek loader program.
It does NOT replace the first bootmii (the "boot2" or the "IOS" installed on your console by hackmii installer)

when you launch bootmii (on the console) it doesn't launch bootmii (on SD) anymore.
you still have bootmii, but you don't have bootmii :D (ok, I'm doing it on purpose to confuse you)
It's also worth noting that it's a good idea to back up armboot.bin so if you ever need to access BootMii to backup/restore NAND or anything like that then going back is as simple as replacing a file.

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Bootmii is :

loll ok I got it ;)

the killing question then, how we keep the backup restore with sneek installed ?

If I understand right, nSwitch just launch bootmii then ? can't I just set crazy intro to launch bootmii instead ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
crazy intro doesn't seems to be able to load an IOS, so there's no way to boot bootmii IOS.
nSwitch doesn't launch bootmii (on console) but launches armboot.bin (on SD)

like Jdbye said, you'd better keep a backup of your original (bootmii program) armboot.bin for when you want to backup/restore your real NAND.
it's just a matter of replacing the file if you want to boot into bootmii's armboot.bin program (using one of your 2 bootmii booter method. I wouldn't use nSwitch to launch bootmii program, just to be sure memory is cleaned correctly)

If you want to have both bootmii program (armboot.bin) AND a way to launch neek automatically, you'll have to edit nSwitch sources to use the vWii mode on Wii.
I don't know why it still rely on armboot.bin on wii when it can use the same neek launching method than vWii by loading kernel.bin directly (and bypass bootmii completely, like USBLoaderGX neek launching method).

Last edited by Cyan,

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
crazy intro doesn't seems to be able to load an IOS, so there's no way to boot bootmii IOS.
nSwitch doesn't launch bootmii (on console) but launches armboot.bin (on SD)

like Jdbye said, you'd better keep a backup of your original (bootmii program) armboot.bin for when you want to backup/restore your real NAND.
it's just a matter of replacing the file if you want to boot into bootmii's armboot.bin program (using one of your 2 bootmii booter method. I wouldn't use nSwitch to launch bootmii program, just to be sure memory is cleaned correctly)

If you want to have both bootmii program (armboot.bin) AND a way to launch neek automatically, you'll have to edit nSwitch sources to use the vWii mode on Wii.
I don't know why it still rely on armboot.bin on wii when it can use the same neek launching method than vWii by loading kernel.bin directly (and bypass bootmii completely, like USBLoaderGX neek launching method).

Everything is clear now, thanks a lot for your time :)

But where I can download nSwitch ? searching on google lead me to topics related to nintendo switch lol

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, yeah, that might become harder to find nswith with nintendo's new console :P

https://sourceforge.net/projects/neek2o/files/
You'll find 5 channel in WAD format (just choose one, they are doing the same thing, only the channel's animated banner is different).

The nswitch.rar files are the homebrew version, if you want to launch it from HBC instead of an installed channel (but you will not be able to use autoboot from crazy intro anymore).
I think it contains the sources, so you can edit the nswitch2.2.rar to always used the vWii method, and you won't need to replace armboot.bin anymore.

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted User

Can I steal your thread for a minute, since it's not worth making a thread for?
I just want to know if there's a way to exit to USB Loader GX from a game, instead of to the homebrew launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1