QR code when trying to inject hekate?

rookiesearcher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I purchased a nintendo switch to fix, and I have gotten it to turn on, but it's being a major pain in the behind. It's a possibly stolen kiosk switch from a store, with a not working screen backlight. The screen will have to be replaced, since it has lots of scratches and I can only partially see what is on it by sitting a flashlight on the screen. I used TegraRCM to try to hack it, and created an SD card using sdsetup.com. I managed to get the thing into RCM using tinfoil on a joycon, and sent the file over. TegraRCM says "Smashed the stack with a 0x7000 byte SETUP request!", which I take to mean that things worked. I look over at the switch, put my flashlight on it, and by moving it around I can see a QR code on it, a moving smiley face, and some text at the top that is too small to be read via flashlight. The problem is that this QR code can't be scanned in any way, since I have to stack flashlights around it for it to be even partially visible, which often blocks part of the QR code, and there is also scratches in the screen where the QR code is. All the guides I have seen don't mention this QR code in any capacity, just that you connect your switch to your PC, use Tegra, and BAM your switch is modded. I have put my SD card in the switch. My gut is telling me that this happens when the SD card on the switch doesn't have the proper files on it, and this QR code is going to tell me to set up an SD card. If so, that means my SD card reader is broken and needs replacing. Am I right?

rookiesearcher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, I did try using biskeydump.bin once, and it did display the QR code and other stuff, like I was talking about. It also happened when I used the Hekate file that came with TegraRCMGui
Post automatically merged:

I went back and looked at that image in that thread, and yes, I'm pretty sure that is what was being displayed on the nintendo switch. I remember that smiley face and it talking about fusee-gelee for part of the text. What does this mean?

Last edited by rookiesearcher,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto