picofly black screen with sd card / no card sd screen without card

jimbow02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey, I have a problem with installing picofly on a v2 switch I used a hwfly pico with a flex cable. When switched on, the chip flashes blue then yellow. Without an SD card I have the "no SD card" screen but when I put an SD card prepared with Hats 1.6.2 the chip starts in the same way but the screen remains black. sorry for the limited english i translate my french with google

jimbow02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
how then tried to start in ofw? should I unplug the chip? and put the nand back in its location without the chip? I'm sorry these questions may be stupid but I'm a noob on these installations and I prefer not to do anything stupid here are some photos of the chip used.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240109_113400_AliExpress.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240109_113400_AliExpress.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 25

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
No need to disconnect the modchip
Press power once while holding VOL+ & VOL- for a few seconds you should be greeted with boot logo
If you get blue screen unfortunately you're in trouble

jimbow02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK thank you I will take the test when I get home from work. It seems to me I did it yesterday and nothing happens black screen
Post automatically merged:

I confirm startup ofw black screen

Last edited by jimbow02,

jimbow02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the impression that they are good. see photo sorry for the quality. is it possible to leave the flex cable to try to start without a chip or I have to desolder?

Attachments

• 20240108_204319.jpg
    20240108_204319.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 28
  • 20240108_203204.jpg
    20240108_203204.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 20240108_204251.jpg
    20240108_204251.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
It's likely your eMMC isn't properly seated. Return the daughterboard to the original socket and see if your system boots. If it does boot normally then you should know where the problem lies, either from the modchip itself or your SD card.

jimbow02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was thinking of doing that. But the flex cable does not pose a problem, no need to unsolder it?

I found the problem the console is dead. when I put the chip in the flex cable it pulled on one of the processor resistors and it was broken.... Thank you for your help

Last edited by jimbow02,

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I was thinking of doing that. But the flex cable does not pose a problem, no need to unsolder it?

I found the problem the console is dead. when I put the chip in the flex cable it pulled on one of the processor resistors and it was broken.... Thank you for your help
Missing caps on SoC will not prevent your system from booting. It seems you just used too much heat while ripping the flex. The presence of the flex will not cause any harm to your system.

Loko4

Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil
No need to disconnect the modchip
Press power once while holding VOL+ & VOL- for a few seconds you should be greeted with boot logo
If you get blue screen unfortunately you're in trouble
Hi sorry for use your post, but I have the same problem, and the same chip from image,

No sd card logo, with no sd.

Black screen with lights on with sd.

Turn the switch with no sd card, + and - volume put me in sysnand at least.

Seller send without firmware, so I installed 2.73 using usb port on hwfly 2040.

It worked the first time with sd when I installed, I made a nand backup, put in sysnand, asked for rebot to remove old nintendo switch files from sd card and dont turned more on.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi sorry for use your post, but I have the same problem, and the same chip from image,

No sd card logo, with no sd.

Black screen with lights on with sd.

Turn the switch with no sd card, + and - volume put me in sysnand at least.

Seller send without firmware, so I installed 2.73 using usb port on hwfly 2040.

It worked the first time with sd when I installed, I made a nand backup, put in sysnand, asked for rebot to remove old nintendo switch files from sd card and dont turned more on.
I don't know what you're asking but if your system isn't booting with modchip just disconnect it and see what happens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Hey boi, keep your nuts out of chat. Unless you want them to get roasted. :ninja: