Hacking Puyo Puyo Tetris Translation (Translators Needed)

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
**TRANSLATION UPDATE**

Hello ladies and gentlemen (Sorry for my absence, I wanted to advance in the text edit), in this last update I want to let you know that we are ready to apply full translation now (Textures and text). Now we got everything needed (Technically) to complete this and continue without this thread OP (haven't been online since april 9). That's why I think I will create another thread related to this translation where I can update the status and post translation request on the first page (Is that ok?).

Here is the update in action:
giphy.gif

@zadanlavey I've been working on translating the 3DS version for a good while and have nearly everything translated aside from the online mode. Let me know if you need any help.

That's great, thanks for the help! Let me review the differences between these versions and see where can we merge the work.

I'm keeping a close eye out for 1.0 even though my ps4 copy is on its way.

Nice, don't forget that once you got the english version you could help to finish this translation project faster.

I'll be uploading a video of all the characters + character messages in a little bit. Watch out for that

Thanks for the video Ace212 and welcome to the team! It's great to have now two people providing translated footage.

Here's my collection of screen caps taken with the switch

https://goo.gl/photos/tQzEyUS9ZpRdaRoK9

for future scceencaps/videos when needed I'll be adding them to this album so that everything is centralized.

Thanks Khar00f! the video helped me to translate text, while the screen captures helps InquisitionImplied to translate textures. In the next request wee will coordinate these request between you and @Ace212 to avoid double work. Also, thanks for the folder, that order helps a lot!

Love it. You guys stopped translating and just started copying from the Switch version. :3

Thanks! At this moment that's the best choice for many reasons (Practicality, accuracy...)

Thanks everyone!

zL

Last edited by zadanlavey,

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if creating another thread would be acceptable or not (but I'm for it).

Here are the images for the character select screen. Because I had to apply multiple stroke and drop shadow styles to match the originals as closely as possible and so that I could replicate the style across the 24 names, names that end with "O" have a more bumpy edge. Let me know if it looks bad in-game.

I'm also assuming that there is a Tetris option where Puyo is here:
9b08977bf3.jpg

If there is, I'll need a screenshot showing Tetris so I can get the right color for it.

EDIT: Everything here but the "Character Select" header is scaled for 1080p. The header is scaled to 1440p.

Attachments

• Character Select - x2 Scale.zip
    413.4 KB · Views: 201
Last edited by InquisitionImplied,
Reactions: lordelan

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if creating another page would be acceptable or not.

I have contacted the site moderators, and they provide me the OP (Flurry) email. In the email I ask if she is going to return to this project, based on that I'll create another thread.

Here are the images for the character select screen. Because I had to apply multiple stroke and drop shadow styles to match the originals as closely as possible and so that I could easily re-apply it for the 24 names, names that end with "O" have a more bumpy edge. Let me know if it looks bad in-game.

That's OK. The japanese version have that outline too:
Select Mode.PNG

The thing is that the text is not separated from the Puyo or tetris mode icon. Text, puyo / tetris image and the circle are the same texture. Let me extract those so you can just erase the text and add the translated one.

@Ace212 or @Khar00f, could you provide the Tetris icon mode shown on the mode selection please? (See image above).

@InquisitionImplied, I have another request related to the character names...
Could you make another version for the "Name_0018_Dark-Prince.png"? One that say "Satan", following the same style. I know it sound's weird but check this out:

Thanks everyone!

zL

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you make another version for the "Name_0018_Dark-Prince.png"? One that say "Satan", following the same style. I know it sound's weird but check this out:

Sure. Will people be offered both to choose either name when they patch their game?

Attachments

• Name__0018_Satan.png
    Name__0018_Satan.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 193

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I need to review and organize your work (You are fast! -_-), but I'm sure is well done.

Sure. Will people be offered both to choose either name when they patch their game?

I don't think so. I think we should vote for this (I would like the "Unsensored" one).

zL

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I'm going to be out of commission for a week or so as I'm dealing with floods in my house right now. I'll let you guys know when I'm able to contribute again, I hope Ace will be able to fulfill your requests in the meantime.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

zadanlavey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, I'm going to be out of commission for a week or so as I'm dealing with floods in my house right now. I'll let you guys know when I'm able to contribute again, I hope Ace will be able to fulfill your requests in the meantime.

Hello Khar00f, don't worry. I'm still transcribing your lessosn videos. Thanks for your responsibility and for let us know.
Take care and hope you fix your problem as soon as possible (Not for the translation, for your tranquility).

best wishes

--------------------------------------------------------------
Related to the translation project, I have news. We are moving to our own thread where you will be able to see the project status and requests on the first post. Follow us on this thread.

Here is my permission:
Permision.PNG

See you there guys!

zL

Reactions: InquisitionImplied

Volt26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

EDIT : woops I just noticed the thread moved.. I'll go there.. ignore this message.

Hey everyone! Your project and all your efforts are my dream come true! I have a modified Wii U and I use Loadiine to play Puyo Puyo Tetris from my SD card. Is your translated version of the game working on an actual Wii U or is it working only on an emulator?

If it works on Wii U, do you have an estimation of when your first beta will be available? I would love to get my hands on it! :)

Thank you so much for everything you did!

Last edited by Volt26,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...