Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiCrazy said:
Deleted DVDX, still it doesn't work...
New challenge xD xD

Before try to get Freedom working, i put my wii in 4.0E (juste with IOS60 and SM4.0).

Maybe it's a way. . .

Did anyone have Freedom working on a 3.2 ?

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiCrazy said:
Deleted DVDX, still it doesn't work...
Really? weird..
My tests:
- do nothing: black screen
- delete all cIOS, WW and VC (pirated ones) DVDx and all custom channel I use: Working
- delete only DVDx : Working
- Keep pirated WW: Working

So: for me cIOS, WW/VC have nothing to do but DVDx seems to be important
Testing condition: PAL wii, 4.0E, a trucha bug fixed IOS60, bootmii as boot2, and a lot of crap (until I delete them)

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Hmm, indeed it was dvdx..
Last time I was trying to counter a possible troll
wink.gif

ps: by the way almost nothing works at all... music-> no fat device, channel launching->codedump, video->no options, game launching->codedump

Speedpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I downgrade to 3.2, and freedom works.

So I think Freedom won't work if DVDx is installed, and don't carre about the version.

Wiicrazy said:
Last time I was trying to counter a possible troll wink.gif
wink.gif

edit : yes Wiicrazy, nothing works, but it's just a beta, and we could have a look to the future possibility
wink.gif
(i hope these will come soon
wink.gif
)

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiCrazy said:
ps: by the way almost nothing works at all... music-> no fat device, channel launching->codedump, video->no options, game launching->codedump
Same for me... The only fun I had with Freedom is in this thread (...).
But I'm sure crediar will fix this (I really hope for an opensource replacement systemmenu)
Hopefully dream are free...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
The question is, how will it replace system menu...
It should have been using bootmii (maybe it will with a stub loader in the future we don't know) but currently it doesn't...

Also user interface doesn't seem to be good... it would be nice if it reused the homebrew launcher code and built those channel categorizations and stuff on top of it...

my 2 cents...

@SifJar : You can install it later using hackmii installer...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
The question is, how will it replace system menu...
It should have been using bootmii (maybe it will with a stub loader in the future we don't know) but currently it doesn't...

Also user interface doesn't seem to be good... it would be nice if it reused the homebrew launcher code and built those channel categorizations and stuff on top of it...

my 2 cents...

@SifJar : You can install it later using hackmii installer...

I know, but I coudn't be bothered doing so for a buggy beta of something i will possibly never use

QUOTE(SanGor @ Jul 13 2009, 09:47 PM) you are not seriously watching DVDs on your wii?
lol

no not really, but i like to have the option
wink.gif

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
son of a bitch. Im too damn busy to code my projects...dashboard was my first major project that was succeeded by crediar's preloader a few months after...now im nearly complete with Prelude, my entire system menu replacement from the ground up, and crediar's about to release Freedom. i guess great minds do think alike hehe.

ah well. for those of you wondering i discontinued cSM to just write one from the ground up. greets and grats to crediar. always good work. maybe i'll just give him my code, as we dont need more than one complete menu replacement.

Fors

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh, me and crediar have different....techniques. we're better off just exchanging information like we've done in the past :-)

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because its not done, nor is there really a purpose behind releasing it now anyhow (Freedom). There's a reason it's been virtually unannounced and under wraps.

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Cool, he removed the bug.

well I was ABOUT to remove preloader, but the hackmii installer cant detect a vulnerable ios since I installed cIOScorp today.... sheesh I have PLENTY of vulnerable ios's.

im on system menu 3.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol