Samsung Service Menu

hey guy this is a work in progress and will get updates from time to time
and wont only focus on the service menu but will become more like a guide to samsung tv´s

1. What is the Service menu

The Service Menu is like a bios for your tv where you can change ANYTHING and i mean ANYTHING (model,panel,tuner,colors,sound,wifi vendor etc)

CAUTION!, the danger to brick TV is high. You can harm your TV by changing values in service menu some options cannot be reverted once changed. Be 100% sure what you`re doing there.

2. How to enter the Service menu

There are several ways to enter the Service menu (some depending on your model and or the model of your remote)

1.In standby press in order: Info, Menu, Mute, Power

2.In standby press in order:: 1, 8, 2, and Power

3.In standby press in order: Display, P.STD, Mute, Power

4.In standby press in order:: Sleep, P.STD, Mute, Power

5.In standby press in order: Display, Menu, Mute, Power

6.Press in order: Mute, 1, 1, 9, Power (no standby needed)

7.(for models with smart remote) Some will tell you to buy an old samsung remote but thats obsolete there are other methods:

1. Method:
The first method is to hold down the MENU button on the panel of your TV for 30 seconds, then the service menu can be opened.

2. Method:
The second method is to hold down the INPUT and MENU buttons from the side panel of the TV for 30 seconds to a minute. This is the same method by which if you don't remember the PIN code of Samsung LED TV, you can also set the service menu and factory settings of your TV without PIN .

3. Method:
The third method, this method is to unplug your TV from the power socket and then you have to press the POWER and MENU buttons on your TV key panel and turn on the power. In addition to the service menu without remote control, the same method is used to restore the Samsung TV factory reset.

4. Method:
In the fourth method, you have to unplug your TV from the socket, then place your hand on the MENU and INPUT buttons on the TV panel and then you have to plug the TV into the socket. Will be able to access the hidden service menu. Here you can use the channel's up and down button for navigation and with the volume up/down button you can change any value.

5. Method:
Fifth Method, In this method you have to press and hold the POWER button of the TV for one minute. You will see that your TV will turn off automatically and start again, this process will take one to two minutes. This way you can perform factory settings in addition to your television's service menu without remote control.

6. Method: Sending IR using your Phone(IR-Port needed):

1.App for android and my personal favourite Service Remote Control by Wolfgang nieman (google is your friend its not on the playstore)
Run SRC app and push S1 then S2
S1 - INFO
S2 - FACTORY
S3 - 3SPEED

2.Symbian based phones with IR-Port(needs to be rooted)

First install Psiloc.irRemote.v1.04.sis (again google is your friend)
Then choose AA59-00316b remote config and press 7 for 3speed and 9 for factory
Alternative choose Samsung Service Remote config by Gia90

7. Method: Using your pc
This only works on TV`s with ethernet/wifi port and on models where the network remote control function isn`t disabled (all high end C, D and E series). However, it doesn't work any longer on most recent models/firmwares.
Install ruSamsungTVCommunicator (ruSTVC) (again google is your friend)
Start ruSTVC on PC, and when asked, enable access to control TV on TV screen. If no popup appeared, navigate to
Menu->System->Network Remote Control ->ruSTVC
and set allow from there just use any known service menu combo

8. Method Getting a real Samsung Factory remote (expensive and complete obsolete and wont work with newer models cuz theres no 3speed button)

9. Method Using an Arduino Ethernet board
this would be to much for me so for all techsavages heres the project page
https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=Ethernet_multi-function_Interface#Arduino_sketch

3. What can you do with the Service Menu

-Factory reset
-Type - allows you to change the model number of the TV. (Do not change !!)

ONLY FOR EXPERIENCED PEOPLE (BRICKING DANGER OVER 9000)
If you know what youre doing u can change the model on your tv to another one this could unlock features this could enhance your picture but also this could BRICK your tv (how this works is some samsung tv series have the same panel from low end through high end models and were only software capped)
For the safety of some people i wont explain on this topic further(If u want a new doorstopper then go ahead and research)

-Tuner - allows you to set the tuner card type in the TV. (Do not change !!)
-Region - sets the operating region of the set, useful if you need to access another countries apps
-Language Set - Defines which languages show up in the TVs main settings menu
-Wifi Region - Sets the wifi region/channel allocation for the set, if you are having problems
-Panel Init Time - shows the number of hours that the panel has been active for
-Enable/Disable Teletext(TTX),BT Support,Watchdog,TV Plus Support,Motion Plus Support,UHDA,NAGSAM,Ecosensor,
Sound/display Mirroring,BD Wise Plus,HDR PLus,Decor Mode,Frame TV and much more
-Extended PVR - Allows for manual and scheduled recording of programmes to a connected USB stick or hard drive.
-Hotel/Hospitality Mode allows you to put the set into Hotel/Hospitality mode, which can restrict some features of the set.
-Shop Mode Enables shop mode on your set, which displays advertising and features for use in a store front
(Peak Mode - Runs your TV ALWAYS at Peak Performance (Brightness and Color dont get it wrong ^^)
(Exhibition Mode ?)
-Troubleshooting tests and tools
-Change accepted resolution HD,UHD,8K UHD (yes this will tweak your tv to allow higher resolution and dsr resolutions but it depends on your panel and mostly wont be a great experience)
-App reset - this will clear all app data (usefull in combination with flash reset if you have the storage bug )

3b. How to turn off UI Ads and Tv plus nag

Ever wanted to turn off those pesky UI ads wich came with the newest patches?(works only if your tv is kept offline)

-first go in service menu and do a factory reset + app reset restart the tv (unplugg it for 10 seconds)
-again in service menu disable tv plus
-in normal menu do a factory reset (we want a clear appcache + this approach will prevent the storage bug)
-follow the setup normally till you got to the point where you accept the eula
-now dont accept anything on some models you can just leave the boxes unticked
-dont create a samsung account or login with a existing one
-finish the setup and youre done
-just keep the tv offline or the ads and tv plus will reappear (beware of hdmi+ethernet this will make the nag and ads reappear to)

4. How do you enable Advanced Option

Just press four times 0 while on the menu point

5. How to enable Samsung Dev Mode

This allows you to run Homebrew/third Party apps (Tizen OS)

First step : Allow unknown sources

1. Open Settings menu
  2. Choose the Personal tab
  3. Open Security submenu
  4. Find Unknown Sources line and set it to Enabled
Second step : Enable Dev Mode
  1. Go to the Samsung Smart TV Settings menu
  2. Open the Smart Hub
  3. Choose Apps
  4. Enter your Samsung Smart TV PIN
  5. If you haven’t changed the PIN, input 00000 or 12345
  6. Change Developer Mode to ON
  7. Fill your computer’s IP address ( u can make one up or have samsung sdk running on your pc) and choose OK
  8. Restart your Samsung Smart Tv

6. Installing Apps via USB

• Just put the apk file on your USB
  • Insert USB drive to your TV
  • Open files and folders
  • Choose the apk file
  • Click install
  • Confirm installation
  • Follow the on-screen instructions

7. SamyGo CFW

This is only possible on very old models A-D Series (i own only K and M series and cant test it for my self)
for anybody who is intrested please refer to the projet page:
https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=SamyGO_for_DUMMIES

Last edited by rantex92,

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you know what the game mode setting does? I notice yours is 0, but mine is 2...

Also the latest fw for my model screwed up ARC, TV does recognize the sound bar support ARC but states it's not on the correct port but it is!! There's a comment said there's an option to turn the hdmi off then on again which might help. I browsed awhile but didn't found an option for that.
first this was not my tv this was just a picture as a example to show the guy how to allow dsr resolutions on some panels

it depends on your model but let me say one thing this guide was writen for older versions of the servicemenu (especially2016/17 uhd tizen models)

i have to work me back in to the servicemenu since some options like gamemode work different on newer models
gamemode on older models had nothing to do with game mode it was an option to turn off localdimming while in game mode

you could give me your model i will look for a non official beta to fix aarc ive heard about this error before
Post automatically merged:

Sadly there is no VRR in my TV, and also without Game mode there is a bit of lag to the inputs.
ive looked into it this model cant do vrr

about those ghosting,stuttering sadly thats the curse of samsung 60hz panels had the same issues on older models
now im owning a 8k120hz neo qled and its like night and day you dont even need such things as gaming mode anymore

one advice i can give you try to look for the perfect picture settings on other forums

Hi, I've reached the service menu but there some options missing in this menu. For ex I can't see the " Bt audio on of off" section in the engineer option. I used to have it, but now it is missing. How can I find it ?
sorry for my late answer but yeah sometimes tv updates will take some options away

depending on your model you could try to downgrade

Last edited by rantex92,

totalz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My tv is old Q70R (qled), it's a 4k60hz, but it's actually a 120Hz panel. It sucks that Samsung doesn't allow direct 4k120 input. However, it does accept 1080p/1440p @ 120Hz. It only supports AMD VRR, cause that's free. Anyway, xbox auto HDR isn't really compatible with Q70R, the output looks really bad/washed out.

The service menu actually has an advanced section, some youtube videos have instructions. Also, once u entered the service menu, u kinda have to re-configure the settings for each inputs which is a pain IMO... So I haven't checked the advanced+3 sections.

Would be great if a solution can be found about the ARC, thanks in advance : )

first this was not my tv this was just a picture as a example to show the guy how to allow dsr resolutions on some panels

it depends on your model but let me say one thing this guide was writen for older versions of the servicemenu (especially2016/17 uhd tizen models)

i have to work me back in to the servicemenu since some options like gamemode work different on newer models
gamemode on older models had nothing to do with game mode it was an option to turn off localdimming while in game mode

you could give me your model i will look for a non official beta to fix aarc ive heard about this error before

ive looked into it this model cant do vrr

about those ghosting,stuttering sadly thats the curse of samsung 60hz panels had the same issues on older models
now im owning a 8k120hz neo qled and its like night and day you dont even need such things as gaming mode anymore

one advice i can give you try to look for the perfect picture settings on other forums

sorry for my late answer but yeah sometimes tv updates will take some options away

depending on your model you could try to downgrade

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My tv is old Q70R (qled), it's a 4k60hz, but it's actually a 120Hz panel. It sucks that Samsung doesn't allow direct 4k120 input. However, it does accept 1080p/1440p @ 120Hz. It only supports AMD VRR, cause that's free. Anyway, xbox auto HDR isn't really compatible with Q70R, the output looks really bad/washed out.

The service menu actually has an advanced section, some youtube videos have instructions. Also, once u entered the service menu, u kinda have to re-configure the settings for each inputs which is a pain IMO... So I haven't checked the advanced+3 sections.

Would be great if a solution can be found about the ARC, thanks in advance : )
sadly the culprit is your hdmi its just hdmi 2.0 so no 4k120

but yeah i have the same-ish problem on my 8ktv its 8k120 but only hdmi 2.1 so i cant do 8k120 with that tv even tho the panel can do it

about getting the service menu settings to stick
on my old tv i had to do a complete factory reset over the service menu then when you start it for the first time

-dont agree to any agreement just press cancel

-dont use any accounts

-dont have the tv connected to the internet

after this procedure most of my settings stuck
some like tv plus are very annoying and will always switch back on

Did you try the newest firmware for your q70r?
there was one recently 1406.4

totalz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sadly the culprit is your hdmi its just hdmi 2.0 so no 4k120

but yeah i have the same-ish problem on my 8ktv its 8k120 but only hdmi 2.1 so i cant do 8k120 with that tv even tho the panel can do it

about getting the service menu settings to stick
on my old tv i had to do a complete factory reset over the service menu then when you start it for the first time

-dont agree to any agreement just press cancel

-dont use any accounts

-dont have the tv connected to the internet

after this procedure most of my settings stuck
some like tv plus are very annoying and will always switch back on

Did you try the newest firmware for your q70r?
there was one recently 1406.4

1406.4 is the one I'm having issue with...

how annoying is tv plus? It's currently disabled. But I'm kinda tempting to turn it on, I doubt it would work at all due to my location.

Hunzoli

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Szia, az xbox alkalmazást hozzá lehet adni a QE65Q95 modellhez?

Hi, can the xbox app be added to the QE65Q95 model?

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Szia, az xbox alkalmazást hozzá lehet adni a QE65Q95 modellhez?

Hi, can the xbox app be added to the QE65Q95 model?
idk why u cant install it via samsung itself but

you could sideload the app you would need to enable dev mode (which is explained in my guide)
and you would allow installing apps from unknown sources
then just put the xbox gamepass apk on your usb
and install it via the tv

EDIT: you would need the TIZEN apk not just android apk

Hunzoli

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
idk why u cant install it via samsung itself but

you could sideload the app you would need to enable dev mode (which is explained in my guide)
and you would allow installing apps from unknown sources
then just put the xbox gamepass apk on your usb
and install it via the tv

EDIT: you would need the TIZEN apk not just android apk
Thanks. Can you send me a link to the xbox app?

totalz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was able to enable dev mode after a few tries, not sure what went wrong in the first few times...

Is there a reference on what kind of android apps I can use with the qled tv, like what android (/sdk) version the app is based on etc.?

What's the "3speed" code?

Last edited by totalz,

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was able to enable dev mode after a few tries, not sure what went wrong in the first few times...

Is there a reference on what kind of android apps I can use with the qled tv, like what android (/sdk) version the app is based on etc.?

What's the "3speed" code?
apps on tizen are a hit and miss and is most depending on your model and what version of tizen you running
you could look up your tizen version and with that info you can look for what apks you could install

the 3speed is a button on samsung service remotes you could do some alternatives like if your phone has an ir blaster
what button combo you would need is also depending on your model and the sad thing newer combos arent so public like for old samsung tvs for instance since i switched to an QN900b i never could enter the service menu so thats why im not as much of a help for newer models

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I have a 2018 The Frame QLED I used the service mode once to disable global dimming. My question is if it’s possible keep the Dynamic mode ON, but disable the post-processing smoother, it’s too aggressive in games at the point you loose a big deal of detail, in short for one part I love the popping and vivid colors of Dynamic mode, but hate the smooth post-process.

Good thread, thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I have a 2018 The Frame QLED I used the service mode once to disable global dimming. My question is if it’s possible keep the Dynamic mode ON, but disable the post-processing smoother, it’s too aggressive in games at the point you loose a big deal of detail, in short for one part I love the popping and vivid colors of Dynamic mode, but hate the smooth post-process.

Good thread, thanks for sharing :)
i dont think you can solve that with the service menu but i think we can fix that via understanding the picture settings

samsung tvs are a lil bit tricky with their picture settings it depends on what you set as source
for instance if you set home theater you have access to movie and movie maker mode and other features like anti judder etc
but if you set for instance gaming console most of those setting are greyed out

in your case try to set your source to PC this will let you use dynamic mode but post processing will be completely off

Reactions: cucholix

MedoooMedooo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally found a thread about this kind of stuff, my Samsung Qled Q9FN drive me crazy because of HDMI-CEC!

Before 5 months I disabled the “Auto search” functionality where the tv will search to detect the new hdmi when new device connect. (Disabled it using buttons combination).
Before one week a thunderbolt stroke my house and because of that, my tv stopped sending the sound to my ARC receiver, so I tried:

- Service menu and reset hdmi ports.
- Factory rest.
- Another 2 ARC receiver.
- Many HDMI cables.

Lastly I just realized that HDMI-CEC doesn’t work all together so, it is normal that the ARC doesn’t work either. Ang idea on how to fix HDMI-CEC thing?

Maybe reset the service menu settings itself? Or flash another firmware?
Could it be a hardware problem? But if so, why do all CEC functions not working on all ports?

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally found a thread about this kind of stuff, my Samsung Qled Q9FN drive me crazy because of HDMI-CEC!

Before 5 months I disabled the “Auto search” functionality where the tv will search to detect the new hdmi when new device connect. (Disabled it using buttons combination).
Before one week a thunderbolt stroke my house and because of that, my tv stopped sending the sound to my ARC receiver, so I tried:

- Service menu and reset hdmi ports.
- Factory rest.
- Another 2 ARC receiver.
- Many HDMI cables.

Lastly I just realized that HDMI-CEC doesn’t work all together so, it is normal that the ARC doesn’t work either. Ang idea on how to fix HDMI-CEC thing?

Maybe reset the service menu settings itself? Or flash another firmware?
Could it be a hardware problem? But if so, why do all CEC functions not working on all ports?
thats sad to hear

i think this will be more on the harware side since youve tried everything what you could possible do

you could try to do a manual firmware update via usb

here you would find the latest update for your tv
https://www.samsung.com/de/support/model/GQ65Q9FNGTXZG/

sadly there is no full firmware recovery

my hunch : the thunderbolt had blown the chip wich does the hdmi cec recognition

Reactions: MedoooMedooo

MedoooMedooo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thats sad to hear

i think this will be more on the harware side since youve tried everything what you could possible do

you could try to do a manual firmware update via usb

here you would find the latest update for your tv
sadly there is no full firmware recovery

my hunch : the thunderbolt had blown the chip wich does the hdmi cec recognition
Thanks bro, I guess you are right about the hardware thing, however I am not totally sure “if” there is even such a detected chip for CEC itself, but who knows what is really there in the one box if even samsung service guy didn’t know.

I will try another firmware, i am on the latest, I will look if I can downgrade and see if older firmware fix the issue which I doubt.

Reactions: rantex92

JimWatkins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a 2021 Hospitality Samsung Smart TV, I can't connect to wifi, nor can I get apps, how can I do this
[HG50NT670UFXZA MODEL]

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I have a 2021 Hospitality Samsung Smart TV, I can't connect to wifi, nor can I get apps, how can I do this
[HG50NT670UFXZA MODEL]
those functions are restricted by samsung lynk

only the owner/admin in samsung lynk could give you those permitions

if you bought it 2nd hand and its still locked and linked by the pre owner theres nothing much you can do

JimWatkins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those functions are restricted by samsung lynk

only the owner/admin in samsung lynk could give you those permitions

if you bought it 2nd hand and its still locked and linked by the pre owner theres nothing much you can do
Thank you, that's all I needed to know

PepeToro

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have an Samsung TV model UN75AU7000P.
I entered to the service menu, Self test (for HW) I ran some tests and everything was ok. But at the end I select an option called something like Calib HDMI (I'm don't remember the exact name, just that it was near to the last options). Then, immediately the TV comes black. The TV keeps turning on, and the led on TV blikns when I press any button from the remote or the unique button on TV. By the way, the SmartTings app indicates the TV is offline.
I would love any suggestion!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.