Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita yeah just disable it if its more stable for you.

PSP side we have seen no issues with those settings enabled, there has been one game that Inferno Cache caused issues but that is also disabled for that game in the settings by default.

Sounds like your blending old FastARK way and FasterARK way. For FasterARK all you need is NoPspEmuDrm via AutoPlugin2 and FasterARK.vpk nothing else is needed. You don't even need the fork of Vitashell anymore.

https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/wiki/FasterARK

I thought enabling a setting would make it work for all games but according to you some games skip them.

But do they come set as "Always" by default?

I have issues with the european Spider-Man: Web of Shadows – Amazing Allies PSP ISO on PSP's ARK-4 if the "Force Extra Memory" setting is set to "Always" because the PSP freezes when exiting it using the PS button and sometimes it turns off as well.

Does PSP's ARK-4's "Inferno cache" setting come set as "LRU" by default and if so can it cause any issue?

I'm not using FastARK but FasterARK which comes with ARK4.zip and what VitaShell fork are you talking about? Like I said, I'm using VitaDeploy's App downloader's. Also, I didn't know there was a FasterARK GitHub repository but like I said I use ARK4.zip's.

Last edited by Databoi2023,

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought enabling a setting would make it work for all games but according to you some games skip them.

But do they come set as "Always" by default?

I have issues with the european Spider-Man: Web of Shadows – Amazing Allies PSP ISO on PSP's ARK-4 if the "Memory Stick Speedup" setting is enabled because the PSP freezes when exiting it using the PS button and sometimes it turns off as well.

Does PSP's ARK-4's "Inferno cache" setting come set as "LRU" by default and if so can it cause any issue?

I'm not using FastARK but FasterARK which comes with ARK4.zip and what VitaShell fork are you talking about? Like I said, I'm using VitaDeploy's App downloader's. Also, I didn't know there was a FasterARK GitHub repository but like I said I use ARK4.zip's.
Enabling will enable for all games but some games do not like some settings kinda a trial and error to see the sweet spot sometimes.

Some settings yes ones we have not seen any impact on. But again if one is causing issues for you if you disable it, it will be static through upgrade process as long as you upgrade via ARK-4. If you drag and drop then SETTINGS.TXT will be overwritten.

We have only seen Inferno Cache be an issue for one game, again if its causing issues you can disable it or try RR.

Yeah VitaDeplay's ("VitaShell") should be fine. That is apart of our Wiki page that has a step by step guide on everything that ARK-4 does and can do.

Reactions: Databoi2023

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enabling will enable for all games but some games do not like some settings kinda a trial and error to see the sweet spot sometimes.

Some settings yes ones we have not seen any impact on. But again if one is causing issues for you if you disable it, it will be static through upgrade process as long as you upgrade via ARK-4. If you drag and drop then SETTINGS.TXT will be overwritten.

We have only seen Inferno Cache be an issue for one game, again if its causing issues you can disable it or try RR.

Yeah VitaDeplay's ("VitaShell") should be fine. That is apart of our Wiki page that has a step by step guide on everything that ARK-4 does and can do.

Could you try the game I mentioned on PSP's ARK-4 with the said setting set to "Always"?

Does PSP's ARK-4's "Inferno cache" setting set to "LRU" may cause any issue?

In that case, I don't know why I have this serious issue.

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you try the game I mentioned on PSP's ARK-4 with the said setting set to "Always"?

Does PSP's ARK-4's "Inferno cache" setting set to "LRU" may cause any issue?

In that case, I don't know why I have this serious issue.
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows – Amazing Allies EU is working fine for me I can exit and go back to the XMB with no issues. Just ran it 5 times in a row and exited. I have all default settings enabled, Overclock (Always), Memory Stick Speedup (Always), Inferno Cache (LRU) plus the others that don't affect games.

I can but as I said before its not a known issue just for one game so far.

Same.

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows – Amazing Allies EU is working fine for me I can exit and go back to the XMB with no issues. Just ran it 5 times in a row and exited. I have all default settings enabled, Overclock (Always), Memory Stick Speedup (Always), Inferno Cache (LRU) plus the others that don't affect games.

I can but as I said before its not a known issue just for one game so far.

Same.

Maybe it's a bad dump.

Does "Overclock" being set to "Always" wear the PSP's/PS Vita's battery faster and will it make loadings fasters?

I guess I'll go back to Adrenaline even though it has some issues.

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's a bad dump.

Does "Overclock" being set to "Always" wear the PSP's/PS Vita's battery faster and will it make loadings fasters?

I guess I'll go back to Adrenaline even though it has some issues.
Possibly?

It drains the battery faster yes and yes loading games will be faster with it enabled.

Yeah it has its limitation for sure.

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not in my experience no. There are some games that have anti-piracy measures that do speed things up DJ Max series I believe does this.

Does that series do that if enabling the "Overclock" setting?

Also, does ARK-4 require any plugin to play PSP EBOOT.PBP's games and PSP ISO's and EBOOT.PBP's DLC?

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought ARK-4 alrrady come with a plugin like that so it wasn't needed to download and set it.

I suppose downloading and setting Adrenaline plugin in AutoPlugin II will make them work in ARK-4.

What is the Overclock CPU Clock speed, 333/333 MHz?
Its has a similar one to PRO's drm free but does not convert to much

no Adrenaline's plugins use PRO like syntax so things go in game.txt, pops.txt, vsh.txt unlike ARK-4's we use plugin.txt with CSV (Comma Separated Values) style.

Please use the wiki: https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/wiki/settings . 99% of questions can be answered on the wiki.

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its has a similar one to PRO's drm free but does not convert to much

no Adrenaline's plugins use PRO like syntax so things go in game.txt, pops.txt, vsh.txt unlike ARK-4's we use plugin.txt with CSV (Comma Separated Values) style.

Please use the wiki: https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/wiki/settings . 99% of questions can be answered on the wiki.

What is the difference between 333/166 MHz and 333/333 MHz?

Weird, now I'm not having issues with the european Spider-Man: Web of Shadows – Amazing Allies PSP ISO on PSP's ARK-4 if the "Force Extra Memory" setting is set to "Always".

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I'm on the latest ARK release and I can't get Vice City Stories to work anymore. It used to run right before I updated ARK, although I haven't in a long time so I can't say which version broke it.
The system turns off after the PSP logo. I tried another random game and it seems to work, at the very least it goes past the logo.
Here's my PLUGINS.TXT file content:
Code:
always, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/Brightness-Control/brightness.prx, on
always, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/LEDControl/LEDControl.prx, on

game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/PSPEText/pspetext.prx, on
psx, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/PSPEText/pspetext.prx, on
game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/TempAR/tempar.prx, on
psx, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/TempAR/tempar_lite.prx, on
game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/in-Game_DayViewer/dayviewer_game.prx, on
psx, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/in-Game_DayViewer/dayviewer_game.prx, on

game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/noumd.prx, on
xmb, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/noumd.prx, on

game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/prxshot/prxshot.prx, on
game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/pspstates/states_menu_pict_mod.prx, on

psx, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/popsloader/cdda_enabler.prx, on
psx, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/popsloader/popsloader.prx, on

xmb, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/DayViewer/dayviewer.prx, on
xmb, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/Game-Categories-Lite/category_lite.prx, on
xmb, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/XMB-item-Hider/xmbih.prx, on
xmb, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/macrofire.prx, off

ULUS10160, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/cheatdevice_remastered_lite.prx, on
ULUS10160, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/Brightness-Control/brightness.prx, off

And SETTINGS.TXT:
Code:
vsh, powersave, on
ULUS10160, overclock, on

The only thing I tried for now was to disable overclock in SETTINGS.TXT. I'm gonna try disabling CheatDevice next.

-- Edit: Looks like it worked. Can you look into it? Given it used to work before updating, is it something you can fix?
So what "fixed" it? the overclock or the plugin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0