Gaming pSX v1.0 (PSX emulator for PC)

Chilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still fake but you could call it an early-stage emulator cuz it runs psp homebrews.
But it doesn't run commercial so it's kinda useless.

QUOTE said:
lol pun...photoshop vs. bullshit

Hehe yeah, and photoshop is bullshit.

00556107.jpg

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that psp emu you saw for homebrew. I am talking about other one that was on pspupdate.dj.com or something once but was take down for further notice later but anyway..one that was allowed psp isos to be playable. Now, never mind that until later on.

Chouonsoku

Trophies
Website
www.handholder.net
XP
Country
United States
Rockmangames, either you or your friend is lying because if the guy had a working PSP emulator this early in the consoles life (which is extremely doubtful) he would have released it already. Sony can't sue over a freeware program that is being written by him unless it is using their official SDK which was leaked or he got legally but is abusing it's contents by making this freeware emulator. If anything, Sony would simply buy the rights to the emulator and everything related to it and shut it down, like it did with Bleem! and that other PlayStation emulator.

So quit blowing smoke up everyones ass.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean or my friend ? He is not author! I emailed to this person from the site that he runs before.

OH BOY!

I would appreciate you not to assume me for being false. I will accept your apology when you see this site.
smile.gif
He had email in this site before and almost released psp emu but he closed it down. I know he is not make a sense for afraid of SONY or whatsoever he say. But I would appreciate you not jumping in my throat, man.

How I found it ? From http://pspupdates.qj.net/ and dont blamed me. They told us at forum where http://pspupdates.qj.net/ is. It was there in pspupdates.qj.net for the news a year ago so I save this link and this psp emu's author's link as well since pspupdates.qj.net no longer have it until psp emu's author informs pspupdates.qj.net again. Now, that is not very nice of you to assume me of false.
frown.gif

Because I am going pm you and send you this person's site..you will understand why. PM SENT!

P.S. Oh this person's message on the site say "Occasion already passed!" That is good to know since it was not there about 6 months ago! I CAN'T WAIT!
smile.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I haven't quite read everything yet so I could be making quite a huge ass out of myself. Frankly I think it's something I'm quite good at so I take pride in it.

Rather than saying "This guy says that" "This guy says this", how about you stop saying shit for other people and let them speak themselves. If this guy actually has some sort of PSP emulator, which of course I highly doubt but for the sake of conversation I will play along. he has his reasons for not releasing it. If this guy wants people to know about it, he can send shit into PSPUpdates, frontpage not the forum, or some other wanna-be news site (some of the shit they post is fucking stupid).

Oh and being afraid of Sony? Yeah I do not buy that shit either. You don't work on something like an emulator, that may at one point run some commercial material, and then say "Well I'm a bit afraid of Sony suing my ass so I'm going to stop.". You don't exactly go halfway into making something like that then finally realize that your doing something potentially illegal. I'm not saying that your wrong, I'm saying that it is LIKELY what you've read is wrong. This is the Internet, it's not too hard to lie and fool people.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The website referenced in the first post for this no longer exists. Fly by night emulator author, or has the page moved somewhere more respectable?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I like it!!
I tested it last night , before going to sleep.
I had some trouble with the dll required, but nothing that I wasn't prepared to deal with thanks to this posts.
Another annoyng factor was the CD ROM drive not recognized by the application, but after adding one more dll the trick was done, and I was able to play Castelvania SOFN one more time in fluid full-screen sized and perfect timing !
I also have a dualshock2 connected to my PC with an usb adaptor and it works like a charm!
thanks for the reccomandation guys, I already love this emulator, and it's only ver. 1.3 that I tryed out, I'm looking forward to future updates.

One question though, if running games from a cd image works better for the emulator, how am I supposed to make my own image from a real PSX cd ?
I have just a few, and I would love to convert them and keep them on my hard drive, but the FAQ only says that a CD burner is required.
I would appreciate any help on how to do this.
Thank you.

Resident0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The emulator works awesomely, only gripe is that if you do a quicksave it acts like you've opened the "CD drive" and stops loading certain games, and you have to reselect the game image again!

Tested 5 games and they all ran perfectly!

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried it out but it seemed to lack a lot of features I already have (and like) with ePSXe. I emailed it to a co-worker though because he's struggling with the plugin system on ePSXe and can't seem to get most of his games to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.