Gaming pSX v1.0 (PSX emulator for PC)

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont put winaspi32.dll into this folder, why do you do that ? No because it was never mention in the site statement about it. Put winaspi32.dll into C:/WINDOWS/System/winaspi32.dll where it belong to.
then try again.

Chouonsoku

Trophies
Website
www.handholder.net
XP
Country
United States
It was already like that before and it didn't work. A lot of applications require it to be in the actual folder. I get a "Can't initilize ASPI layer" error if it isn't in the folder. I can at least load the CD with it in the emulator directory.

EDIT: I finished ripping the game and Dragon Ball Z: Indaru Dragon Ball Densetsu works fine as a disc image but NOT as a CD. I get the error mentioned in my previous post when loading from a disc drive.

Chouonsoku

Trophies
Website
www.handholder.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It was already like that before and it didn't work.

I thought that would have implied that I had, but in case you didn't understand that, yes. I have tested it with Adaptec ASPI layer v4.71.2 and the latest ForceASPI and neither have worked with this program.

EDIT: I have also tried a different region game loading from the disc drive. Final Fantasy IX (USA) does not load either so it isn't a region problem with the games that I have tested.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I dont know why. I installed it and everything runs according to my PC. I suggest you go to www.ngemu.com and register and go to this emu's forum because the author went there to answer some questions as well. You can try that there. Ngemu is your best bet since it is very helpful and always have lots of questions for emus. GO THERE!
smile.gif

Remember, it is only version 1.0..it will be update in the near future. Many people tested and said it is great program ever because of no plugin require so it give author a positive result and it is only a beginning of version 1.0..wait for the next one!
biggrin.gif

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing is wrong with yours. Image works fine..not CD DRIVE. I am wait for the author to reply it. I did mentioned about it above.
smile.gif

Chouonsoku

Trophies
Website
www.handholder.net
XP
Country
United States
Installation isn't needed. All you have to do is open up the cab file within the archive (the d3dx9_26 blah blah one) and extract the dll in there.

And if running the game from the drive doesn't work then I will stick to ePSXe for now. I don't feel like ripping all of my games just to play with this emulator.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pSX author quotes:

QUOTE said:
Thanks for all the feedback. Some answers to some of your questions:

Plugins: the emulator does not support plugins and probably never will - not using plugins allows the emulator to be more efficient and stable. Also I think that configuring/choosing plugins can make it difficult for newbies to get started. Working straight out of the box is a major plus for me - when I want to play a game I don't want to have to mess around with plugins and configuration - I just want to play it
wink.gif

Compatibility: I'm not sure how pSX compares with ePSXE or any of the other emulators - I expect its fairly similar because I've been working on it a long time. I have completeled many RPGs using it
wink.gif

It should run on quite low spec PCs - make sure you have DX9 installed - if not send me an email an I'll try to figure out whats wrong.

PS2: yeah - I am working on PS2 emulation - it doesn't run anything commercial yet though...

Registry: it does not put anything in your registry - all options are stored in psx.ini (which you can hand edit in notepad if you want).

Games not working: I'll try to look at some of these soon - I know about Tekken3, but the others are new to me...

Thanks.

That is good to know!!! Give him some praise!!
wink.gif

Chilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, psx already have a good emulator ePSXe.
But that ps2 emu would be cool.
And anyone knows anything about an PSP emulator??
Im sick of these baby-nds games. And PSP has much more cooler games + better graphic.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a site for psp emulator but it remain closed until further notice because author do not want to get sued from SONY but it will be available when he feels it's time and when psp is getting old at least a year or 2.
wink.gif

P.S. PSX is getting popular in emulator, wow. PS2 emu is in the work according to him if you read above what he mentioned. Awesome!

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a site for psp emulator but it remain closed until further notice because author do not want to get sued from SONY but it will be available when he feels it's time and when psp is getting old at least a year or 2.
wink.gif

P.S. PSX is getting popular in emulator, wow. PS2 emu is in the work according to him if you read above what he mentioned. Awesome!

WTFOMGROFFLECAKES!!!!
http://home.comcast.net/~shernandez1337/PSPSOne.html

get your faqs straight before you post

and I'm pretty sure the PS2 won't come to PSP

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nono, I am talking about PSP EMU itself..not port PSX emu over to PSP. I guess I misunderstood but you are correct about that.

P.S. PS2emu is in the work for pSX emu..not port to ps2 or any consoles, sorry to confuse you.. He is not interest for port pSX emu to any consoles especially maybe XBOX but he said not this time soon anyway. He is still work on this emu to the next version for PC to improving this time.

*Sorry for my english.
wacko.gif

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nono, I am talking about PSP EMU itself..not port PSX emu over to PSP. I guess I misunderstood but you are correct about that.

P.S. PS2emu is in the work for pSX emu..not port to ps2 or any consoles, sorry to confuse you.. He is not interest for port pSX emu to any consoles especially maybe XBOX but he said not this time soon anyway. He is still work on this emu to the next version for PC to improving this time.

*Sorry for my english.
wacko.gif

oh,ok now i get it,i think.

Chilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wink.gif

Bullshit.
How can Sony possible know he is working on an psp emulator?
And he wont be sued untill it is released (as if).
If that you say is true, than that pSX and any other emulator would be sued too.
Are they sued??
iDeaS is up and running so why is he afraid?
Well maybe Sony is harder on those things

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, that's why I wondered about that. His site mentioned Sony emailed and threaten to sue him but I dont understand why he closed it until further notice and say it will be back when he decide it's time.

You are right about iDeaS and there is nothing to be afraid of. I do not know why this guy is. Oh well.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Buddy, thats the fake emulator that only runs homebrew games made for psp on PC. It's not even an emulator, its an interpreter that simply cahnges something that was made in PC and for psp back to PC. There was actually a PSP emulator that showed a screenshot from a real commercial game. It probably was not PS'd (lol pun...photoshop vs. bullshit) since it showed expected glitches everywhere. I think he's talkin bout the commercial running one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte