pSX v1.0 (PSX emulator for PC)

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by bearmon2010, Jan 29, 2006.

Jan 29, 2006

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    http://psxemulator.freeservers.com/

Best of all..you dont need PLUGIN like ePSXe does! THIS IS FOR PC --- I test it and it was great!!!! TRY IT! [IMG]

Go over to this author's forum to let them know what you think of it and report if any bugs or something like that but do not ask them to port it over XBOX or PS2 or something like t hat. This AUTHOR is interesting in PC only. [IMG]

Sc4rFac3d New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    giving this a try for sure! [IMG]

wouldn't it be easier to port this to psp?

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Remember, do not mention a port this to psp to author. he only interested to listen to people about what they think of this or report bugs only. He is into PC. He do not want to hear about xbox port, ps2 port, psp port, or any port unless he decide to make an announcement. It is not wise to tell him or he will get tired of it and end it. Have a respect and enjoy PC version only. [IMG]

DO NOT ASKED ABOUT PORT THIS OVER TO ANY CONSOLED AT ALL>>DONT ASKED! [IMG] [IMG]

apofaz New Member

Message Count:
    Namibia
    hui - first i thought it's a psx1 emu for my ds! 'cause there is allready a psx emu for arm processors (FPSEce for PocketPCs).

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Do not discuss about any consoles here. This is for PSX emu on PC only. Give your thought about it so that author will read it with positive and negative feedback. Do not talk about any consoles, I repeat.

Harsky Madmin

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I'm having trouble installing the .dll because that's the thing that keeps appearing everytime I try to run it the emulator. Yes, and I have the BIOS already but the .dll is just bugging me. I even followed the instruction on the site but still nothing.

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    what .dll ? You mean d3dx9_26.dll ?? Yeah, it is there in the site. Maybe you read too fast ? Geez, take look at this site because it tells you where to download it. I downloaded it from pSX v1.0 site as well and runs fine now.

This site said:

Look at this site again, you aren't pay attention, thats why. [IMG]

Harsky Madmin

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    The problem I'm having is installing it. It keeps telling me it cannot find a necessary file to install.

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Tell us what is the message. You need to be specifically. [IMG]

Harsky Madmin

Message Count:
    United Kingdom

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Nono...open Jun2005_d3dx9_26_x86.rar and extract d3dx9_26.dll into pSX v1.0 folder, thats all. You dont need anything else. Just this one.

Harsky Madmin

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks but now I have another problem. It tells me "failed to initialise D3D" then it exits. I think my PC is carking it.

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Tell me what is your computer's OS and everything..what graphic card do you use. Maybe this dont accept your D3D or something.

jeffkong New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Great emulator, pretty high compatibility too from what I've tried

I do have a problem with the BIOS though

It asks for a BIOS when the BIOS folder is empty at start, but it demands none other than "scph1001.bin" to be there at first, while pSX can support other BIOS types like scph7502/scph1000 when switched to them afterwards

It would be nice to not have the BIOS start up on emulator launch too

also an option for default sound/misc options would be helpful to curious n00bs who tinker with those things

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    You need to read it more carefully there. You can change bios...it did mention in readme at the site quote:

• Newcomer

Slider New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Having the same problem as Harsky. Extracted the dll only to the v1.0 folder but getting the message "... can't find d3d9.dll...". Does this emu rquire Directx 9 ?? In that case it's worthless for me since I don't wanna install DX9 on my system. BTW, what are the hardware requirements for this emu?
    I only have a 1 GHz Athlon, 384 MB RAM, and a shitty 32 MB Grafix Card. Running Win XP Home. Is that enough for this emu?

EDIT: Oh, and the scph1001.bin BIOS is already in the Bios folder of course, so that's not the prob I guess.

Westside Sogdiana

Message Count:
    Uzbekistan
    Is it possible to run Cue files on this one? It yelled at me when I tried to load a cue file, and it hates daemon tools. This emulator is great in terms of compatablility, but I will use epsxe for now.
    BTW- this emulator does require more than epsxe which can be run on a 16mb video card without any problem. I noticed that when I speed up the game epsxe gets me twice the speed and more (150fps) while this gets me 30 more fps than normal. Great compatability if you get this emulator going though.

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    You need directx 9c and cue is require or you can burn it on CDR and play it. I did for bin/cue and it runs great but cd drive that I cannot figure out. I am wait for Author's reply to see whats going on.

Chouonsoku New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I have done everything needed to setup this emulator and it still doesn't work. I have DirectX 9c installed. I put the required runtime file in the same directory as the emulator. I put the BIOS in the bios folder (SCPH1001.bin). I installed a working ASPI layer and used the Nero ASPI layer (winaspi32.dll) in the directory the emulator is in. It still cannot load a game from the disc drive. I'm going to test a disc image file but if it can't load a game from the disc drive without giving me "CD not usable: Failed to set required sector mode" then this thing is useless to me. If people have to go through this much and still get errors then they might as well just use ePSXe.

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Wow, you have too much things in this folder. You do not need that! Just open Jun2005_d3dx9_26_x86.rar and extract d3dx9_26.dll into pSX v1.0 folder thats all and it should run. It wont let me run because d3dx9_26.dll was needed and once I put it in there. Bingo, it worked beautifully. What is the problem ? I can try to help you out but just follow what I tell you to do. [IMG]

SPONSORED LINKS