ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

wulfgar75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
every time i import my save data file back with save manger and i go back into the game it siads my file is corrupt and makes me start a new game. i tried to use the back up save manger program that sone made but that didnt work either i dont know what idid wrong but everything sems to be gone

D

Deleted User

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have tube hacks my as got corrupted after using t PSSe and the save Manger home brew app. I'm using a 2ds. I can't seem to get my file back

If you have a backup of a save (clean or edited with PSSE), check here to know how to fix it. Start a new game then put your old save and the new one in the program to update the old one with the secure value of the new one and TADAA !

You can still backup your save if you don't have one and you didn't start a new game already. Otherwise you're fucked.

TrunksSSJ23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a backup of a save (clean or edited with PSSE), check here to know how to fix it. Start a new game then put your old save and the new one in the program to update the old one with the secure value of the new one and TADAA !

You can still backup your save if you don't have one and you didn't start a new game already. Otherwise you're fucked.

EDIT:

Never mind, I found the problem, lol.

Last edited by TrunksSSJ23,

schrmh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
German translation:

Open ~ Öffne
Save ~ Speichere
Resources ~ Ressourcen
Hearts ~ Versuche (Hearts = Herzen but Nintendo choosed Versuche ~ trys in Shuffle)
Coins ~ Münzen
Jewels ~ Klunker (Jewels = Juwelen but Nintendo choosed Klunker ~ tassel in Shuffle)
Moves +5 ~ +5 Züge
Time +10 ~ +10 Sek. (Time = Zeit but Nintendo choosed Sek. (Sekunden) ~ sec. (seconds) in Shuffle)
Exp ~ EP
Mega Start ~ Mega-Auslöser
Complexity ~ Shuffle-Pokemon (Complexity = Komplexität but Nintendo choosed Shuffle-Pokemon ~ Shuffle Pokemon in Shuffle)
Disruption Delay ~ Störschutz
Attack Up ~ Angriffsschub
Mega Speedup ~ Mega-Beschleuniger
Owned Pokemon ~ Fangbare Pokemon (I choosed fangbare = catchable)
Caught ~ Gefangen
Bulk Edits ~ Großänderungen / Massenänderungen
Caught All Pokemon ~ Alle Pokemon gefangen
Caught All Obtainables ~ Alle erhältlichen Pokemon gefangen
Have All Mega Stones ~ Alle Megasteine im Besitz
All Caught Mega Stones ~ Alle Megasteine (gefangene Pokemon)
All Owned Lv10 ~ Alle gefangenen Pokemon Lv10
High-Scores ~ Bestleistungen / High-Scores
Maximum Resources ~ Maximale Ressourcen
Main Stages ~ Normal-Stufen
Expert-Stages ~ Zusatz-Stufen
Event Stages ~ Event-Stufen
Score ~ Höchstpunktzahl / Punktzahl

German pokemon names -> bisafans pokedex

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be a new 3ds software update to 10.0 something, this will render the exploit unvailable, is this going to be updated with that ds. I dont plan on updating since im going to continue using this.

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There seems to be a new 3ds software update to 10.0 something, this will render the exploit unvailable, is this going to be updated with that ds. I dont plan on updating since im going to continue using this.
What makes you say that? Smealum already said this has no effect on the exploits, and a firmware update for the 3ds is not going to change anything for the game itself, the Shuffle devs need to do that.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Doing some tests across my units, it seems the amount of StreetPass tags are stored here:

streetpass.jpg

This capture is from my main unit, already at 9999 StreetPass due to Homepass (the value for 9999 is 0F 27).
Changing to 0F 00 left me with 15 tags.
Strangely, changing to 00 00 left me with 1 tag already, not zero. Maybe if I changed into 01 00?

At certain amount of StreetPass, you can receive some jewels (one at your first Streetpass, other at 10, and after that, one at every 100 tags).

After changing the values for 00 00 , and streetpassing between my two 3DS, my main unit received one jewel (despite the counter showing two tags instead of only one), and I received a message saying that's my first Streetpass.

Attachments

• streetpass.jpg
    streetpass.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 280
Reactions: thaikhoa

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Doing more tests, now I know why the Streetpass counter didn't reset to zero, even with 00 00 values at the right place.
It's due to the previous StreetPass tags didn't being deleted too.

streetpass2.jpg

This is where the Streetpass data for other people (you can see the last 10 on the "StreetPass List" at Shuffle menu) are stored. The selected area is just for one tag; usually starts with EB 75 2F 4A... until reach ten tags.
Simply reset these hex values to zero, then you can set the hex values for StreetPass tags to 00 00 too (as explained in my previous post) and it's done, you're with zero at the "Number of StreetPass tags".

@SciresM , even being a minor feature despite all the other things your program can do, this could be implemented at your PSSE editor?

Last edited by KaleoOmega,

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In any case, I made a Python script to return StreetPass values to zero. This script will delete the last ten StreetPass from yout StreetPass List, plus returning the Number of StreetPass Tags to zero (as seen at the screenshots below).

Possibly, this will be useful only to Homepassers with lots of StreetPass tags; if we cannot use PSSE anymore in the future. So we can receive Jewels from StreetPass again.

Please make a backup from your save before applying the patch, as a caution measure. :)

*EDIT* Sorry, I have uploaded a previous version, now there's the right patch available (V2).

inuki.jpg
stp.jpg

Attachments

• shuffle_zerostreetpass_patcherv2.rar
    292 bytes · Views: 195
Last edited by KaleoOmega, , Reason: Sorry, now with the right patch for download.

RadtheZERO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having a little problem with 1.2.15. I go, change it, then when I try to put it back, my save is still the same. When I put it back on the editor, I see the changes, but they doesn't manifest when I try using SDM to put them back.

Any help?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm having a little problem with 1.2.15. I go, change it, then when I try to put it back, my save is still the same. When I put it back on the editor, I see the changes, but they doesn't manifest when I try using SDM to put them back.

Any help?

Are you sure you tried importing the correct file ? it works with so I don't see any reason why it should'nt work on your system. Make sure to backup your save, copy it on your computer, make a backup then modifiy it, then copy it to your SD card and import it.

If it still doesn't work, maybe if you can upload your current savedata.bin and the modified one I could get an eye on it.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@supercarotte likewise i just tried Made a Bulk edit (resources) but aftre i restored with SDM and loaded teh game up, nada. i confirmed by opening back up the save in PSSE that the charges are there.

Attached is my Edited and orginal saves

Attachments

• savedata.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 168
  • savedata(orginal).zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 218

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any help?
Did you back up the file, than use psse, and then import it back, it should work if you did it.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
In any case, I made a Python script to return StreetPass values to zero. This script will delete the last ten StreetPass from yout StreetPass List, plus returning the Number of StreetPass Tags to zero (as seen at the screenshots below).

Possibly, this will be useful only to Homepassers with lots of StreetPass tags; if we cannot use PSSE anymore in the future. So we can receive Jewels from StreetPass again.

Please make a backup from your save before applying the patch, as a caution measure. :)

*EDIT* Sorry, I have uploaded a previous version, now there's the right patch available (V2).

View attachment 24895View attachment 24894
Great, I'm gonna make a new save to test some things, I'll check if the streetpasss tag offsets are all 00 or that is being too aggressive. Still strange that having 10 streetpass recors had your tags set as 1 and not 10. Maybe you had 1 new streetpass?

By the way, I homepass too and it usually crashes if I try to enter the streetpass screen, I guess there's something about streetpassing the same person in a very little amount of time is the culprit.

Reactions: Madridi

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great, I'm gonna make a new save to test some things, I'll check if the streetpasss tag offsets are all 00 or that is being too aggressive. Still strange that having 10 streetpass recors had your tags set as 1 and not 10. Maybe you had 1 new streetpass?

By the way, I homepass too and it usually crashes if I try to enter the streetpass screen, I guess there's something about streetpassing the same person in a very little amount of time is the culprit.

Well, I live in a small town and doesn't have homepass, which means that I get 2-3 streetpasses a week, max 1-2 a day if I'm very lucky, yet my game crashes too when i go into the streepass menu (even before I started editing my save). Something may just be coded wrong^^

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hm, about this, I understood the reason.

If I just set the values at 0X05967 to 00 00, but didn't clear the last 10 Streetpass tags list, the game still recognizes that I did some Streetpass, so it sets my counter at 1.

Only setting the values at 0X05967 to 00 00, and clearing the last 10 Streetpass tags list, it allows me to return the counter to zero (as on the screens above) :)

This is something strange, I homepass too, but never recall having one crash at the StreetPass screen on Shuffle :/

Reactions: Madridi

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
@KaleoOmega No, I understood what you meant, what I mean is that if the game know there are 10 streetpass tags, why doesn't the game set it to 10 instead of one? I guess we'll never know.

About streetpasses, I've checked:

- Streetpass tags start at 0x593F.
- Each tag is 104 (0x68) bytes long. There are eleven tags, the first one being the tag you streetpass to others, and the other 10 the received tags.
- Others tags start at 0x059A7 ( 104*10 bytes long = 1040 bytes)
- Tags end at 0x5DB6
- Empty tags are effectively 0x00, so setting 0x59A7-5DB6 to 0x00 removes all streetpass tags.

I might be able to implement a checkbox in the editor to clear streetpass tags. and another to set streetpasses, no need to bother SciresM (unlike pokemon shuffle, this save data has fixed offsets).

Your current script does NOT fully erase the tags, since you got the tag size wrong.

Here's a simplified version of your script that fully deletes the tags, with comments (just to store the info somewhere in case this isn't added to the editor):

Python 2.7, won't work on python 3
Code:
import sys;

with file(sys.argv[1], 'r+b') as fh:
    print ('Setting streetpass number to 0...');
    fh.seek(0x05967);
    fh.write('\x00\x00'); # Max is '\x0F\x27'
    print ('Deleting streetpass tags...');
    i = 0
    while i < 0x68*10: # Each tag is 104 bytes long (0x68)
        fh.seek(0x059A7+i); # Streetpass tags start at 0x593F, but the first tag is the user tag, 0x593F+0x68 = 0x59A7
        fh.write('\x00');
        i = i+1
  print ('Patching done. Enjoy :)');

I've attached a convert python to exe script, just drag and drop savedata.bin to bat file.

ps: I think I would have been easier to code it in C than searching how to convert python to exe...

Attachments

• ShuffleStreetPatcher.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 257
  • ShuffleStreetPatcher_python.zip
    694 bytes · Views: 183
Last edited by suloku,

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, I understood now @suloku . :) Thanks for your efforts and research! If you can implement such StreetPass textboxes on the editor, it could be very nice.

Later today, I'll start to test and dump Mega Speedups (as said on the other post), feeding each Pokémon at a time, candy by candy, in order to discover (or at least having a general idea about) the exact offsets and values for each Mega Evolution; I plan to report my results asap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill