iTech

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
Aight. This one homo of mine (that's what I call homeboys that haven't had a fourteen-bitch gangbang with Junglewomen yet) be knowin that I can mod XBOXes and shit, and asked me if I could help out with a problem he be having with his PSP.
The problem is, I only briefly owned a PSP when I found it hidden in some guy's ass (I was conducting a experiment on hobos. I had a theory that more than 98% of hobos have items of value hidden somewhere in their anal tract. I got the idea after remembering that I once found a rare shitake mushroom in my mother's anus as a child by accident (my matchbox car flew up there while she was sleeping on the floor naked after, or possibly during work)). It was inoperable due to exuberant amounts of stale feces and baby mice that clung to it, so I never got to play around with it or mod it.

At any rate, the homo tells me that there be a problem. He had the shit modded to play backups, and the little whimp that did this downgraded his firmware to 1.5 to achieve it. However, now he is unable to play the latest PSP games for some obscure and possibly non-existant reason. What I wanna know is the algorithm I should follow to fix his PSP up so he can play backups, and every original UMD game there be out there. I believe upgrading to the latest firmware, and then doing the crack again but this time installing some shit like "eLoader" should do it, but I'd need a copy of Lumines for that, which I don't have since a bird used it as nest material after I threw it out into the yard because I thought it carried an ancient Babylonian curse. I found the copy of Lumines in my own ass once, which is why I was positive something evil surrounded it (could be creap)

I'd look it all up myself, but the thing is I don't have any internet access where I'm currently located (The Future). Even this very post is being made by dictating it to my younger self through a timeportal located in a public bathroom in front of the coloseum in Shinko Saku's Glorious Bowelring (the new name for Rome in the future).
I'll explain all that shit later, in a post about prostates (don't worry, it'll all make sense)
For now, if you could help me out, I promise I won't go back in time and impregnate your mother to become your father and force you to tweeze out all the hairs between my analrift.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the psp or his brain?
nyanya.gif

time for an upgrade methinks

cmon you know you lol'd

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong. Install a custom firmware and then you can you can play all the games up to that firmware version and still have homebrew compatibility. Dunno if I'm allowed to post links or not.

EDIT: This assumes your friend has used the kxploit patch on 1.5. If not, you can google that and do it yourself.
QJ.net is the best site to go to for the firmwares and general news on the PSP scene, it is a news site and the forums have antipiracy rules as well, so yeah, good site.

Chroniss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wrong. Install a custom firmware and then you can you can play all the games up to that firmware version and still have homebrew compatibility. Dunno if I'm allowed to post links or not.

EDIT: This assumes your friend has used the kxploit patch on 1.5. If not, you can google that and do it yourself.
QJ.net is the best site to go to for the firmwares and general news on the PSP scene, it is a news site and the forums have antipiracy rules as well, so yeah, good site.

Yep, do not upgrade with the official upgrades. I'm currently using 3.40 OE-A and it runs everything fine, all you need is your 1.50 eboot, 3.40 eboot, and the OE upgrade software. The upgrader has good info on how to get everything going, and its extremely easy. I recommend checking out the Maxconsole forums, thats where you will find the stuff you need.

In the end you have a 3.40 with 1.50 capabilities, and support for all the latest UMD games.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yep, do not upgrade. I'm currently using 3.40 OE-A and it runs everything fine, all you need is your 1.50 eboot, 3.40 eboot, and the OE upgrade software. The upgrader has good info on how to get everything going, and its extremely easy. I recommend checking out the Maxconsole forums, thats where you will find the stuff you need.

Thank you! Jeez, some people are so clueless on the homebrew on the PSP or generally they don't know where to start. It's a lot easier than it seems. If you're on 1.5, just follow a tutorial to upgrade to 3.40 OE-A or 3.52M33. I run both on two different PSPs, and they're generally the same, 3.40 OE-A is a tad more stable, but 3.52 will allow you to play later games. Plus, on 3.52M33, it seems to have a NO-UMD driver that works better than the one provided with 3.40 OE-A. Maxconsole is basically the same as QJ. They link each other's articles. >_>

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm new in this PSP arena. I've had a chance to toy with a friend's PSP a little bit. Pspmod.com has some good tutorials, this being one of them. 3.52M33-4 has been good thus far. Just remember to go to the recovery menu (hold R while powering on) and set the CPU speed to 333Mhz.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I had my PSP, the OE firmwares were always good, so I'd go with 3.40 OE-A, but whichever you wanna go with.
I always got all my info from the forums at www.psp-hacks.com

good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0