mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so when my PSP Go is dead and turns off I cannot charge it from the USB ports on a computer but I can from a AC to USB Adapter. This doesn't make any sense and it annoying. If the battery dies then I can't charge it on the Go (no pun intended).

Why would Sony make it like this? How does the PSP Go tell the difference between a computer USB Port and an AC Adapter one and how can I "trick" it into using a computer USB Port?

This along with it not saying the battery level as a percent are really annoying. Sony really f***ed up on the Go.

PS For those who are gonna say "Why did you get a Go then" I already said in this thread. If you must discuss it there and please keep this thread on topic.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you checked to see if the later firmwares which you're not updating to have any Go only fixes for this problem.

Also Sony hate us...that's why they do it.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow...so you're saying you got a usb cord and randomly hooked it up to the computer expecting it to charge like a wall charger?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mpg187 said:
Does a firmware update fix that problem?

QUOTE(xist @ Feb 2 2010, 09:07 PM) Have you checked to see if the later firmwares which you're not updating to have any Go only fixes for this problem.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
worlok375 said:
Wow...so you're saying you got a usb cord and randomly hooked it up to the computer expecting it to charge like a wall charger?A USB port is a USB port...

QUOTE(xist @ Feb 2 2010, 09:07 PM) Have you checked to see if the later firmwares which you're not updating to have any Go only fixes for this problem.
No, I am asking

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
worlok375 said:
Wow...so you're saying you got a usb cord and randomly hooked it up to the computer expecting it to charge like a wall charger?A USB port is a USB port...

No, I am asking

1. Thanks for clearing that up for me. That totally has to do with EVERYTHING!

2. Well check then. (cough at the search button)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i haven't checked because i wouldn't touch a Go with a barge pole....it's possible that a firmware update could have a fix, but like i said Sony hates us so it's probably unlikely...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
worlok375 said:
Wow...so you're saying you got a usb cord and randomly hooked it up to the computer expecting it to charge like a wall charger?

On later PSPs I believe that the USB ports act as a charger port. The same should hold true on the Go

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
I am not going to update if it's not for sure...

QUOTE said:
2. Well check then. (cough at the search button)
1. If you know something tell me.
2. You don't have to be a dick about me asking a question.

I'm not. I'm simply wondering why you made this thread. Maybe to slow the forums down, or at least it seems that way considering most people use the search button/google before making an entirely new thread.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
On later PSPs I believe that the USB ports act as a charger port. The same should hold true on the GoYes, on the PSP Go the USB Port in the charger port. When I plug it into the computer's USB Port or the AC Adapter one I am using the same cord and same port.

QUOTE(worlok375 @ Feb 2 2010, 02:20 PM) I'm not. I'm simply wondering why you made this thread
I made this thread for the same reason most people make threads, to get information and an answer to my question.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
They're having enough trouble with your standard hackable PSP's and firmware...the GO is pretty much a lost cause...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mpg187 said:
xist said:
They're having enough trouble with your standard hackable PSP's and firmware...the GO is pretty much a lost cause...
??? I do not follow. Please rephrase.

THE. PSP. GO. WILL. NOT. BE. HACKED. IN. A. LONG. TIME.

Got it?
smile.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
mpg187 said:
xist said:
??? I do not follow. Please rephrase.

THE. PSP. GO. WILL. NOT. BE. HACKED. IN. A. LONG. TIME.

Got it?
smile.gif

Fix'd. No one can be bothered....

Edit: See isn't it much more fun when we're all on the same team...
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.