Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, I did not say "No u"

I spelt it properly.

Second off all go play some Pokemon or something and leave the grownups alone.

QUOTE said:
PSPGo charging only works when you are in USB mode
But when you use the wall charger it works when not in USB mode.

Megacherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mpg187 said:
QUOTE said:
PSPGo charging only works when you are in USB mode
But when you use the wall charger it works when not in USB mode.

That's just how it's made. The other PSP-2000 and 3000 could be charged via USB but only in USB mode. The AC adaptor will mostly likely transmit information telling it to charge because it's plugged into the mains

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mpg187 said:
First of all, I did not say "No u"

I spelt it properly.

Second off all go play some Pokemon or something and leave the grownups alone.

Oh, I like you even more now. I said 'no u' because you put down worthless stuff.

Refering to my avatar? I herd u dnt liek mupkips
frown.gif
lrnameme.

So when are you gunna hack the psp go then?

Oh, and age doesn't matter
wink.gif

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
You remind me of my Physics teacher, calling us ignorant all the time and (apparently) using it out of context...although it does make sense how you used it this time
tongue.gif

You're right people are working on hacking it and there was a HEN for it from TeamTyphoon but there's been a lot of trouble with Sony's new firmwares (6.xx) being extremely high security, GEN are struggling to even make a CFW because the architecture has changed so much. Lots of the old exploits (public and non-public) have been blocked and a new RAM checker in the XMB looks for code being injected in (like say...a HEN would do) so I will expect 2 things from Go hacking.
1. There will be save game exploits (probably easiest as going from in a game will result in no RAM checker)
2. These will be blocked by Sony very quickly (its easy for them to update the firmware and block new people from playing the game from PSN unless they have latest firmware)

Nobody is working on your older firmware to my knowledge so don't expect much to come from staying on your old system version.

As for your charge problem...I assume data transfers over it fine and the PC sees it as a mass storage device (or whatever the PSPgo comes up as) so the only thing I can think of is to look for an "enable USB charge" setting or (if you hadn't done this already) put it in USB mode.It does suck how if you need a game to use the exploit Sony could just make it so you have to update.

Chris_Skylock said:
That is why the Nintendo DSi has a battery indicator on when you should charge it. WHen the red light starts to blink, you will need to charge itSucks the PSP Go doesn't have a proper battery indicator, what was Sony thinking?

sadak5 said:
Flash drives work in diferent way, as they don't have parts to need to be powered on to work why do you think the PC recognices them as soon as you plug them on and the psp no if the auto usb connection is set off?)I think the would need power, I could be wrong. But still most flash drives and card readers have lights that light up as soon as you plug them in before the computer detects them.

ProtoKun7 said:
I am glad that they finally included a battery level indicator on the DSi, rather than a plenty/low indicator. Took them long enough.Hmm before DS didn't have and PSP did. PSP did and now doesn't.

dudeonline said:
Um..as far as I know your PSP, GO or not, needs to be in USB mode to charge. Meaning it needs to be on.Not on the AC Apater which makes no sense since it uses a USB port.

Posts merged

QUOTE(BlueStar @ Feb 3 2010, 09:04 AM) QUOTE(sadak5 @ Feb 3 2010, 02:28 AM)
The USB port can't be used to charge when the PSP (go or older) is pluged because the PC need to know what is connected in order to give energy

Uh, what? The PC doesn't need to know anything, as long as the USB is getting power from the motherboard it'll charge anything.
QUOTE(worlok375 @ Feb 2 2010, 09:08 PM)
Wow...so you're saying you got a usb cord and randomly hooked it up to the computer expecting it to charge like a wall charger?

Here's an idea, how about you take anything which can charge through USB, (an MP3 player, a DS Lite with a USB cable) "randomly" connect it to anything with a USB port (PS3, 360, laptop) and see if it charges. The only problem you might have is if your USB port isn't producing enough power to kick the device into charge mode. He's asking a perfectly reasonable question, so stop acting as if he's an idiot simply because you've never discovered how Universal the Universal Serial Bus format is.

mpg187, can you charge it from USB when the battery is not fully dead and there's still some charge left? Have you tried different USB ports on different machines?
It has to be on an in USB mode to charge. If it's dead it only charges from the AC USB port. I've tried a few computers and ports.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really, I don't know whether anybody is working on the Datel Hack and trying to figure out how it works, we only have the word of one guy in the thread that they've tricked the PSP into believing its an update without signing the code.

Finding the keys for signing code is EXTREMELY hard and you need the patience of a saint.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mpg187 said:
*Age doesn't matter? Guess it doesn't, but you make all 12 year olds look bad.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=198435&st=0
Hmm seems the PSP Go is very close to getting hacked. What everyone said wouldn't happen did. Guess I shows you...

Yay for being 12

You think the PSP Go is hacked now because of that? Lolno, its not. Thanks for lulz.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mpg187 said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=198435&st=0
Hmm seems the PSP Go is very close to getting hacked. What everyone said wouldn't happen did. Guess I shows you...
Lol, old thread is old. (He already posted in that thread, so he knew it was there).

Having an Action Replay doesn't mean that the thing can actually be usefully hacked yet anyway.

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The AC adapter has one line, and that's POWER. The USB cable is designed to transmit data first, then charge as a secondary feature. It's purpose was always to transmit data, the charging was just an extra feature.

That's why some devices have a USB CHARGER, that is just one line of POWER. An example is the all popular DS USB charger. There is no check if the device is on or able to receive data, the USB charger just gives POWER down the line. I could replace the DS port with another device's port, and it would charge that too. The PSP's USB cable is designed to transmit data from the PC onto the unit itself, so there is obviously a signal sent that says "go into USB mode, so i can send you stuff". If the PSP doesn't have power to respond, nothing happens. most Digital Cameras and IPOD's require the device to be in USB mode to do any charging. Its that simple.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
ProtoKun7 said:
Having an Action Replay doesn't mean that the thing can actually be usefully hacked yet anyway.Having an action replay in the form of an eBoot not signed by Sony is.

QUOTE(dirty_harry @ Feb 4 2010, 06:42 AM) The AC adapter has one line, and that's POWER. The USB cable is designed to transmit data first, then charge as a secondary feature. It's purpose was always to transmit data, the charging was just an extra feature.

That's why some devices have a USB CHARGER, that is just one line of POWER. An example is the all popular DS USB charger. There is no check if the device is on or able to receive data, the USB charger just gives POWER down the line. I could replace the DS port with another device's port, and it would charge that too. The PSP's USB cable is designed to transmit data from the PC onto the unit itself, so there is obviously a signal sent that says "go into USB mode, so i can send you stuff". If the PSP doesn't have power to respond, nothing happens. most Digital Cameras and IPOD's require the device to be in USB mode to do any charging. Its that simple.
The PSP Go doesn't ask the AC Adapter to go into USB Mode, it just starts taking power even when it's dead.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
When your using the AC adapter there is just a power cable whereas with the USB cable there is a data cable, as a result the computer sends info down the cable asking it what it wants power-wise before sending it down the cable.

Also, why're you taking your Go to completely dead? Shouldn't there be a low power mode flashing up and an automatic turn off? This is what my MP3 player does allowing it to go into docking mode when plugged into my PC and charge correctly.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
There are times when the Go goes dead before you know it. There is no proper way to find out, by the time the light starts blinking it's already to late. It doesn't give you a percent the like old PSPs.

I think the USB ports always send Power, I think the PSP Go chooses to not use it to charge the battery for some retarded reason...

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The manual for the Go seems to confirm it needs to be turned on to charge via USB:

http://www.playstation.com/manual/pdf/PSP-N1001-5.70_1.pdf

Page 22 states:

QUOTE said:
When you turn on the PSP® system and then connect it to
a device equipped with a USB connector (such as a PC),
the system’s battery will begin charging.

Although just to muddy the water further, page 21 gives the times taken to charge from flat, including by USB, which implies it is possible if the device is turned off...

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Magoo222 said:
The manual for the Go seems to confirm it needs to be turned on to charge via USB:

Page 22 states:

QUOTE said:

Although just to muddy the water further, page 21 gives the times taken to charge from flat, including by USB, which implies it is possible if the device is turned off...
Ya so I wonder how I can make the PSP Go Act like it's plugged into the AC when it's plugged into a computer's USB port.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Magoo222 said:

Page 22 states:

QUOTE said:

A flat battery dosen't mean fully discharged battery, but and "almost dead but unable to work" battery. Same goes for all the USB chargers for electronic devices

dirty_harry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make your own USB charge cable or buy one online. The official sony USB cable is a DATA CABLE and thus will not let you charge a fully depleted GO.

It really isn't hard making a USB charge cable.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
dirty_harry said:
Make your own USB charge cable or buy one online. The official sony USB cable is a DATA CABLE and thus will not let you charge a fully depleted GO.

It really isn't hard making a USB charge cable.

It is when it has a proprietary end to it, you don't know which pins to what and whether even having them there will cause problems.

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This has just come to me, so feel free to shoot it down and prove I'm an idiot for not thinking it through but...

1. When charging from an AC adapter the Go starts charging anyway because there is no data sent

2. When charging from a PC the USB cable sends data first to identify what the Go wants in terms of data/power, hence it needing to be on, but this must be controlled by the OS, so...

What would happen if you interupt the boot using a floppy disk or CD for example? The PC would be providing power, but the OS wouldn't be sending data commands would it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo