Gaming PSP Go USB Charge When Dead

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
The USB port can't be used to charge when the PSP (go or older) is pluged because the PC need to know what is connected in order to give energy, you need to enable the USB charge for the same reason (the USB charge only works when the PC recognizes).

There are some adaptors for USB charger cords, but work more like wall chargers.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
You. don't. have. to. be. an. asshole.

xist said:
THE. PSP. GO. WILL. NOT. BE. HACKED. IN. A. LONG. TIME.That's just ignorant. I am sure there are people who said the PSP-1000 wouldn't be hacked. 1.00 would never run homebrew. 2.00 would be the end. 2.5/26 would never have GTA eLoader. 2.71 Would never have ChickHen. We would never have access to service mode.

QUOTE(Face facts @ Feb 2 2010, 04:19 PM) THE. PSP. GO. WILL. BE. HACKED.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
sadak5 said:
The USB port can't be used to charge when the PSP (go or older) is pluged because the PC need to know what is connected in order to give energy
I don't think so, as long as there is an connection it would power. Flash drives don't have batteries and they get detected.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
mpg187 said:
xist said:
THE. PSP. GO. WILL. NOT. BE. HACKED. IN. A. LONG. TIME.
That's just ignorant. I am sure there are people who said the PSP-1000 wouldn't be hacked. 1.00 would never run homebrew. 2.00 would be the end. 2.5/26 would never have GTA eLoader. 2.71 Would never have ChickHen. We would never have access to service mode.

You remind me of my Physics teacher, calling us ignorant all the time and (apparently) using it out of context...although it does make sense how you used it this time
tongue.gif

You're right people are working on hacking it and there was a HEN for it from TeamTyphoon but there's been a lot of trouble with Sony's new firmwares (6.xx) being extremely high security, GEN are struggling to even make a CFW because the architecture has changed so much. Lots of the old exploits (public and non-public) have been blocked and a new RAM checker in the XMB looks for code being injected in (like say...a HEN would do) so I will expect 2 things from Go hacking.
1. There will be save game exploits (probably easiest as going from in a game will result in no RAM checker)
2. These will be blocked by Sony very quickly (its easy for them to update the firmware and block new people from playing the game from PSN unless they have latest firmware)

Nobody is working on your older firmware to my knowledge so don't expect much to come from staying on your old system version.

As for your charge problem...I assume data transfers over it fine and the PC sees it as a mass storage device (or whatever the PSPgo comes up as) so the only thing I can think of is to look for an "enable USB charge" setting or (if you hadn't done this already) put it in USB mode.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mpg187 said:

xist said:
That's just ignorant. I am sure there are people who said the PSP-1000 wouldn't be hacked. 1.00 would never run homebrew. 2.00 would be the end. 2.5/26 would never have GTA eLoader. 2.71 Would never have ChickHen. We would never have access to service mode.

I lol'd. Get off.
-
How are you so sure it will be hacked? Have you seen our only hope? Plus, PSP GO has its own firmware

I love your threads, please make another one sometime
wub.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I must warn you that if you keep on emptying the battery of a product, chances are it will loose its battery life by 70%.

That is why the Nintendo DSi has a battery indicator on when you should charge it. WHen the red light starts to blink, you will need to charge it

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
mpg187 said:
sadak5 said:
The USB port can't be used to charge when the PSP (go or older) is pluged because the PC need to know what is connected in order to give energy
I don't think so, as long as there is an connection it would power. Flash drives don't have batteries and they get detected.

Flash drives work in diferent way, as they don't have parts to need to be powered on to work (why do you think the PC recognices them as soon as you plug them on and the psp no if the auto usb connection is set off?)

The same goes for SD cards and other readers, as they send a response for a USB port, but if the PSP is off, how do you think it will return the signal to the pc?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Chris_Skylock said:
I must warn you that if you keep on emptying the battery of a product, chances are it will loose its battery life by 70%.

That is why the Nintendo DSi has a battery indicator on when you should charge it. WHen the red light starts to blink, you will need to charge it
I am glad that they finally included a battery level indicator on the DSi, rather than a plenty/low indicator. Took them long enough.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
sadak5 said:

Uh, what? The PC doesn't need to know anything, as long as the USB is getting power from the motherboard it'll charge anything.
QUOTE(worlok375 @ Feb 2 2010, 09:08 PM) Wow...so you're saying you got a usb cord and randomly hooked it up to the computer expecting it to charge like a wall charger?

Here's an idea, how about you take anything which can charge through USB, (an MP3 player, a DS Lite with a USB cable) "randomly" connect it to anything with a USB port (PS3, 360, laptop) and see if it charges. The only problem you might have is if your USB port isn't producing enough power to kick the device into charge mode. He's asking a perfectly reasonable question, so stop acting as if he's an idiot simply because you've never discovered how Universal the Universal Serial Bus format is.

mpg187, can you charge it from USB when the battery is not fully dead and there's still some charge left? Have you tried different USB ports on different machines?

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you've got anything else plugged into your USB ports on your PC it's likely that it isn't getting enough power. Unplug everything else USB on your PC then try it.

Jamstruth said:
You're right people are working on hacking it and there was a HEN for it from TeamTyphoon but there's been a lot of trouble with Sony's new firmwares (6.xx) being extremely high security, GEN are struggling to even make a CFW because the architecture has changed so much. Lots of the old exploits (public and non-public) have been blocked and a new RAM checker in the XMB looks for code being injected in (like say...a HEN would do) so I will expect 2 things from Go hacking.
1. There will be save game exploits (probably easiest as going from in a game will result in no RAM checker)
2. These will be blocked by Sony very quickly (its easy for them to update the firmware and block new people from playing the game from PSN unless they have latest firmware)

That raises a good point. If there is a PSP Go game exploit, and you can only get games from PSN, and you can only access PSN via an latest firmware PSP Go, what's your plan then?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Magoo222 said:
Jamstruth said:

That raises a good point. If there is a PSP Go game exploit, and you can only get games from PSN, and you can only access PSN via an latest firmware PSP Go, what's your plan then?

Media Go/PS3.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:

? I always thought that it was best for the product to discharge it fully. I have a battery which is actually completely wiped cause I never discharged it fully (although its probably a completely different battery type)

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Jamstruth said:
Chris_Skylock said:

? I always thought that it was best for the product to discharge it fully. I have a battery which is actually completely wiped cause I never discharged it fully (although its probably a completely different battery type)

These facts may have well been just that 5-10 years ago, but battery technology has long since evolved, and you no longer need to discharge fully/not discharge fully, or whatever worked back then.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jamstruth said:
Chris_Skylock said:

Nickel Cadmium batteries (and maybe Nickel Metal-Hydride too) are recommended to be completely drained; Lithium-ion batteries and lead-acid batteries are usually charged while they still have power.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
deanxxczx said:
mpg187 said:

xist said:

I lol'd. Get off.
-
How are you so sure it will be hacked? Have you seen our only hope? Plus, PSP GO has its own firmware

I love your threads, please make another one sometime
wub.gif
No you get off. Can't you read? Re-read the first post, mainly the one that says this thread is not about hacking the PSP Go, just about USB charging.

I am sure it will be hacked because if you re read my post all the things that people said wouldn't be hacked did get hacked.

I am sure that people said 1.00 would never run homebrew, but it did.

You bolded the 1.00 homebrew statement because it looks stupid? Well soon enough statements about the PSP Go not being hacked will look just as stupid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated