Gaming PSP 1000 blackscreen when booting with memory stick inserted

gozpelz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
My psp 1000 suddenly turns blackscreen when i boot it with memory stick inserted but when i remove the memory stick then boot it up it works then when i reinsert the memory stick white it was on i doesn't show the memory and the orange lights blinking. i tried my extra memory stick but still the same. home someone can help me solve this issue

btw. all memory sticks are working fine when i inserted it to my pc

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
all memory sticks are working fine when i inserted it to my pc
How do you get the MS into the PC?
Is there maybe a MS-reader for PC? Never knew such a thing. There must be a misunderstanding! Mind you, that Memory Stick is different from the common mini SD (or micro SD + adapter)! The PC cannot read a MS, only the other two. I suspect that you inserted one of the other 2 into the PSP, or am I wrong? If so, run out and buy a real MS for PSP (or a Pro Duo adapter). 😉

IMG_20230421_082817.jpg

Last edited by Nikokaro,
Reactions: AncientBoi

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How do you get the MS into the PC?
Is there maybe a MS-reader for PC? Never knew such a thing.
Many laptops from the early 2000s had these memory sticks readers built-in (Sony, Fujitsu-Siemens, etc.).
Also there were Memory Stick PCMCIA PC Card adapters for laptops.
Very popular at the same time "All-in-1 Desktop PC Memory Card Reader" devices (both internal 3.5 and external) could read such cards.
There were even "simple" USB adapters for memory sticks, both nameless and even real Sony ones, like MSAC-US30 or MSAC-UAH1.
In general, there were (and still are) plenty of opportunities and devices for this.
Update: With help of MSAC-MMD adapter it was possible to use M2 cards with the PSP. And some M2 cards were even sold together with a branded USB card adapter MSAC-UAM2 in one blister.

Last edited by r1vver,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @Nikokaro , believe it or not, I still don't know What the LOCK is for on these cards. Is it to lock it into the PSP, or what?
Hi daddy, how are the aches and pains of age? To tell the truth, I haven't the faintest idea about that, I know less than you on the subject; deep down, I'm only a simple, inveterate video game player (as well as eternal, childish Peter Pan 😉).

• Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grand Dad to everyone else, but not to me: if my father were still alive, he would be your age. 😉

And on May 4th, even older :sad:

Which reminds me. My ID is due to be renewed. Loooooong DMV lines :sad:

• Wow
Reactions: Nikokaro

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My psp 1000 suddenly turns blackscreen when i boot it with memory stick inserted but when i remove the memory stick then boot it up it works then when i reinsert the memory stick white it was on i doesn't show the memory and the orange lights blinking. i tried my extra memory stick but still the same. home someone can help me solve this issue

btw. all memory sticks are working fine when i inserted it to my pc
(Back to issue at hand :lol: after slight derail)

Do you use SD2VITA or similar with SD card or do you mean the original Sony Memsticks? If you use SD2Vita there's quite a big possibility that it's broken.

KellyCollins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Sounds like a frustrating issue. If the memory sticks work fine on your PC, then it seems the problem might be with the PSP itself, specifically with the memory stick slot or the system's handling of the memory stick.

Here are a few things you can try:
  1. Clean the Memory Stick Slot: Dust or debris in the slot could cause bad connections. Use a can of compressed air to gently blow out the slot and ensure it's clean.
  2. Update/Reinstall the Firmware: Sometimes, corrupted firmware can cause hardware malfunctions. If possible, try updating your PSP to the latest firmware. If it's already updated, consider reinstalling the firmware.
  3. Format the Memory Stick on the PSP: Backup all your data from the memory stick to your PC. Once you're sure you've saved everything, try inserting the memory stick into the PSP (when it's on), and then format the memory stick using the PSP's system settings. After that, you can try copying your data back.
  4. Check for Corrupted Files: Sometimes, specific corrupted files on the memory stick can cause issues. You might want to backup your files, then add them back in batches to see if a particular file or group of files is causing the problem.
  5. Reset the PSP: As a last resort, you might consider performing a hard reset on your PSP. Remember, this will return your PSP to its factory settings, so ensure you have backups of any important data.
If none of these solutions work, it might be an internal hardware issue, and you may need to consider getting the PSP serviced or checked by a professional. Hope this helps, and fingers crossed you get it resolved soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo