Hacking PSA: The upcoming kernel exploit works on ALL firmware versions!

mckenziesdaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't need to use it immediately, the latest version is almost certainly safe for both.
I hate to ask this, But is there an ETA for a release? Because then non-programmer in me is saying maybe 3 or less months. Since you are announcing what it works on and doesn't. But I feel thinking that makes me an ass.

JVC2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask this, But is there an ETA for a release? Because then non-programmer in me is saying maybe 3 or less months. Since you are announcing what it works on and doesn't. But I feel thinking that makes me an ass.

Its possible that it could be this month,but dont take my word,check the hacking discussion forums.

So WiiU 5.1.1 is a bad place to be at right?
Might as well update,that is what the thread says,just update to the latest and stay there.

Reactions: Margen67

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to download stuff, yes, otherwise stay where you are if you're under 5.1.0

wow i just checked the update list for the Wii U and its been over a year when i killed all my network settings. there are a few things i want to buy from the Eshop but if i am at a good firmware i will stick here. I just wanted to ask what i should do as i dont want to be screwed out of anything cool that may come out

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow i just checked the update list for the Wii U and its been over a year when i killed all my network settings. there are a few things i want to buy from the Eshop but if i am at a good firmware i will stick here. I just wanted to ask what i should do as i dont want to be screwed out of anything cool that may come out

It really depends on how early you want to access homebrew, from what I understand

Reactions: razielleonhart

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is excellent news if it actually comes to fruitition soon.. I have almost literally not even touched my wii-u since I bought it; Still on 4.0.2.. It has just been sitting there doing nothing.. But I am hesitant to update the firmware yet.. I am still going to wait and see what happens.. If I need a certain firmware version later, I can always use a physical game disc to update it I guess..

Keep in mind that of course nintendo will try to patch all of this stuff as soon as possible, just like they do with the 3DS updates.. So be careful, but also, keep up the miraculous work guys!..(@ ̄ω ̄)b

RiiLoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice. I will disable update blocking on my router and update now I guess :)

Agreed, I want to grab the MK8 DLC first at least.

How? I also tried to block several nus Domains on my router but it all was no good... They still detect that my Firmware isn't up to date.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How? I also tried to block several nus Domains on my router but it all was no good... They still detect that my Firmware isn't up to date.
It still detects it, but it's not able to download the update, it just fails.

I blocked these URLs:

nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on how we're going about things (5.3.2 Webkit exploit is main priority), the "how early you want access" isn't even valid (also considering the fact that we're probably going to release everything at once). Everything we're doing is targeted for the latest version because it's the latest version, so please update and get whatever you want off the eShop.

mckenziesdaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on how we're going about things (5.3.2 Webkit exploit is main priority), the "how early you want access" isn't even valid (also considering the fact that we're probably going to release everything at once). Everything we're doing is targeted for the latest version because it's the latest version, so please update and get whatever you want off the eShop.
IS there a forums, To go to and follow the progress? Because I do enjoy following this type of stuff.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Browser and Kernel exploits are one thing, the IOSU exploit quite another. The one known to exist works on 3.0.1 and was somehow magically fixed in 3.1.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol