Hacking (PSA) Stop the Gatehate

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmmmm..... so what's the point of hating gateway again? i don't mind it. but it's like a setting up a fossil i mean a big fat fossil.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The idea of labeling anyone who doesn't like gateway as a company part of the "a9lh masterrace" is really stupid. I started using it less than a month ago. Before that I used rxtools for most of a year, before that pasta for months and before that palentines cfw. I'm in no way part of some "a9lh cult" who won't accept anything else. I use whatever is best and that hasn't been gateway for well over a year.

Reactions: Kioku

blackalabi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's funny reading threads like this one. The OP made this thread to stop the hate toward gateway-3ds. It's like racism now...
If you think people disliking a product and the company behind said product is equal to racism you need to grow the fuck up and/or learn the definition of the word. A general rule of thumb in life is to not use words that you don't understand as you clearly do not.

Last edited by blackalabi,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheats I'll give you. More storage for games is fine if you have multiple SDs (I use a Sky3DS+). But couldn't you use 2 EmuNANDs on a big SD to bypass the 300 title limit? A bigger SD also "fixes" the storage part.
Well, I think it's pretty obvious that the .3ds ability has the side benefit of bypassing the 300 title limit. I still don't understand why Nintendo arbitrarily chose such a limit.

Also, since nobody mentioned it before, do said title install limits include updates and DLC? because that's something that I don't recall was mentioned.

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think it's pretty obvious that the .3ds ability has the side benefit of bypassing the 300 title limit. I still don't understand why Nintendo arbitrarily chose such a limit.

Also, since nobody mentioned it before, do said title install limits include updates and DLC? because that's something that I don't recall was mentioned.
.3ds files also almost ALWAYS take more space than CIAs, so it's trading a problem for another.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

I was lead to believe it's a limit of how many icons could be on your home screen.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For a lot of people.. The 3ds file format is hugely convenient. I can see why.
I agree that there are benefits. I have games of that format on my Sky3DS+. For me being able to update the ROMs is nice, but Gateway doesn't have that ability afaik. I was just suggesting alternative solutions without arguing the benefits of actual ROMs.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I agree that there are benefits. I have games of that format on my Sky3DS+. For me being able to update the ROMs is nice, but Gateway doesn't have that ability afaik. I was just suggesting alternative solutions without arguing the benefits of actual ROMs.
Oh I know. I actually like cia files, myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Best watch out guys. You'll wind up on that kids list of haters. ;o;

NiggomBiggom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheats I'll give you. More storage for games is fine if you have multiple SDs (I use a Sky3DS+). But couldn't you use 2 EmuNANDs on a big SD to bypass the 300 title limit? A bigger SD also "fixes" the storage part.
you know, that two emunands thing is extremely clever. i'd never thought of that.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you think people disliking a product and the company behind said product is equal to racism you need to grow the fuck up and/or learn the definition of the word. A general rule of thumb in life is to not use words that you don't understand as you clearly do not.

Um Wat? I'm okay with with not disliking the product but bashing it is stupid. Spreading hate towards gateway is stupid. Personally I like the product and I only installed a9lhax when gateway added compatibility.

I really don't understand what you mean by 'growing the fuck up' or 'learn the definition or the word'. I do think you need to take your own advice though.

Anyways thx for the somewhat flame. My ass isn't prepared to be Gateraped.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gohan127

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can clearly see that this thread changed absolutely nothing. It was a nice write-up, but I think too many folks take a liking to throwing hate over the internet. And who are we to stop them, really? IIt's the internet, so there's pretty much nothing we can do.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So I can clearly see that this thread changed absolutely nothing. It was a nice write-up, but I think too many folks take a liking to throwing hate over the internet. And who are we to stop them, really? IIt's the internet, so there's pretty much nothing we can do.
Exactly what I've been saying from the get go. However, I got shrugged off. Leave the debates in the blogs or the eof.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I know. I actually like cia files, myself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Best watch out guys. You'll wind up on that kids list of haters. ;o;
lol someone got his heart broken because someone said that he was toxic and be added to a list, its going to be fun making it, and we will have people like "why i am there?", if you dont agree that this is a solution, your opinion is respected but not shared, its just a step to even help the admins, people are so intense about everything, specially when talking about gateway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...