Hacking (PSA) Stop the Gatehate

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol someone got his heart broken because someone said that he was toxic and be added to a list, its going to be fun making it, and we will have people like "why i am there?", if you dont agree that this is a solution, your opinion is respected but not shared, its just a step to even help the admins, people are so intense about everything, specially when talking about gateway
You missed the joke so hard it circled around the earth and slammed you in the back of the head.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
he made 2 more comments like that, i really think he got hurt, im sorry memoir, your fragile heart got hurt, im very sorry

You missed the joke so hard it circled around the earth and slammed you in the back of the head.

It seems that you are against the idea, its respected, but not shared

Last edited by kamesenin888,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol someone got his heart broken because someone said that he was toxic and be added to a list, its going to be fun making it, and we will have people like "why i am there?"
FWIW, last time someone made a public "list" here of people who didn't use software that they liked, they got banned. Just saying. :)

Reactions: Kioku

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

Pokéidiot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not all users knows actually to install actual hacks so they commonly prefer flashcards over searching a even realible solution. In the current scene state, flashcards are very obsolete, because we have open-source tools that does exactly what paid tools had before. One can say that gateway clones code from actual tools, that fruits from RE work. For who don't knows it, Gateway released year 2013. They probably started cloning code when better tools went open-source.

They make bad choices either - bricking 3DSes of it's users in order to prevent clone cards, making their A9LH implementation impossible to fix if something goes wrong, or even more. This piss off users, so they won't reccomend gateway products to friends or people that need help at beginning due to this.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all users knows actually to install actual hacks so they commonly prefer flashcards over searching a even realible solution. In the current scene state, flashcards are very obsolete, because we have open-source tools that does exactly what paid tools had before. One can say that gateway clones code from actual tools, that fruits from RE work. For who don't knows it, Gateway released year 2013. They probably started cloning code when better tools went open-source.

They make bad choices either - bricking 3DSes of it's users in order to prevent clone cards, making their A9LH implementation impossible to fix if something goes wrong, or even more. This piss off users, so they won't reccomend gateway products to friends or people that need help at beginning due to this.
Not gonna try and argue with you, but I'd like to point out that Gateway A9LH doesn't exactly marry you to the cartridge. You can restore a NAND backup at anytime with or without the cart. This also goes for bricks as well.

Pokéidiot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not gonna try and argue with you, but I'd like to point out that Gateway A9LH doesn't exactly marry you to the cartridge. You can restore a NAND backup at anytime with or without the cart. This also goes for bricks as well.
Hmm. Is the NAND restore still useable if the card isn't in?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Is the NAND restore still useable if the card isn't in?
You can do everything everything except launch Gateway mode. This includes booting classic mode (boots emunand with no sig patches IIRC).

This is also good because there's no other complete cartridge dump tool. (I say "complete" because uncart doesn't dump the private header.)

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is also good because there's no other complete cartridge dump tool. (I say "complete" because uncart doesn't dump the private header.)
Latest version of Decrypt9WIP (as of 2016/06/26) supports dumping encrypted and decrypted ROMs of 3DS cartridges as well as the private header.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do everything everything except launch Gateway mode. This includes booting classic mode (boots emunand with no sig patches IIRC).

You can't uninstall Brickway crap9loaderhax (GET IT?!? :P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly