Hacking [PSA] LayeredFS is causing Banwave!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 21,821
  • Replies 118
  • Likes 9

kpastel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And thats why its hard to find a reliable source of honest bans. Too many ppl report this and that but don't tell the whole story on what they actually did. Or just trolling around this is a playground for anti pirates causing mass confusion.
Saying stuff like "I got banned for save editing" nope a save file isn't going to trigger a ban there's more activity going on there. The conclusion is that ppl are going online/using their server carelessly
I hope these people are just trolling, I have so much anxiety it hurts.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, its been proven that disabling this option is not good enough as multiple users have been banned despite disabling it. Be ready for a ban the moment you connect online.
I've been waiting game mods worth going through the trouble for. once they arive we will likely be at a point were layeredfs and the likes are much more stable. also, when it's an official release of layeredfs at that where those custom error messages aren't included and raising the chances for a ban

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been waiting game mods worth going through the trouble for. once they arive we will likely be at a point were layeredfs and the likes are much more stable. also, when it's an official release of layeredfs at that where those custom error messages aren't included and raising the chances for a ban
That's true. SciresM did state that using these WIP files of LayeredFS is definitely one of the easiest ways to get banned so it may not seem all that surprising that users are getting banned for using it.

Reactions: jt_1258

Hadobedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
used layeredfs for backups a few times, however no ban (yet)

I did make sure to have error sharing off ever since I got my switch, and whenever I booted into cfw I'd have wifi turned off. (except once, oops)

but yeah, if I do end up getting banned i'll be sure to post again in this thread

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently not banned and only used backups with layeredfs, error report setting turned off. Never played online and usually keep it in airplane mode except to check if I'm not banned. Also launched devmenu once. If I do get banned it was one of these two things.

Banamy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Console not banned, never played a backup when connected to internet. I played fornite on stock firmware just fine after using backups.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doom is fine for whoeveri s concerned, agreed to all the biz with my online account on airplane mode, got into eshop just fine. just grabbed octopath traveler demo

serenewarfare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error reports turned off. Used LayeredFS offline only. Booted into OFW today to check and yep, banned.

Oh well. Totally expected it to happen so it’s nothing major for me.

Interesting to see how quick they are moving though!

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm using LayeredFS since day one (of release), tested many things with it, and not banned.

It seems random, weird.

NuadaXXX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sx os here i have sure 20 backups and downloaded 2x all updates fully with CFW ,because I made a mistake. And all games on my system has the same cert inc,(offline-games).
I think no cert give a error to the logs or something like that, any game has a cert
my kids has sure played 30h "online" mariokart 8 + splatoon 2 and other stuff

i block all error report DNS with YourFriendlyDNS !! i think no bug report to nin and no ban to me :-)

i have never used LayeredFS ! or any other save mod stuff

and all is working for now :-)

edit: a friend from me used only LayeredFS and blocked no dns.... he is also banned

Last edited by NuadaXXX,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never used LayeredFS, and never will... Too complex and unnecessary. Donor roms and compatibility lists? What is this, a DSi? Just stick to the .XCI format, and make (Or reverse-engineer) a backup loader like SX OS has. I was also made aware of another type, NCA or whatever. Some kind of Nintendo Content installer. I'm honestly surprised nobody adopted a cool file extension for backups, like .NSW, or .HAC

TheLastOfUs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if you're already flagged, but maybe it clears some error logs or something to prevent future flagging? It's worth trying if you're planning to go clean I guess.

Somehow I doubt this incredibly. Seems like awfully poor planning on Nintendo's part. If that were the case, then maintenance logs would be gone too to properly debug a system.

PECONAUT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if you're already flagged, but maybe it clears some error logs or something to prevent future flagging? It's worth trying if you're planning to go clean I guess.

Somehow I doubt this incredibly. Seems like awfully poor planning on Nintendo's part. If that were the case, then maintenance logs would be gone too to properly debug a system.

I don't know if it's useless but since we don't know anything it might help somehow. Rather keep it safe till we know something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone