• Replies 489
  • Likes 16

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, this looks significant better than the PS3 in terms of graphics. I know the Square Enix demo is old but we now know that THAT'S the in-game graphics we'll have. Or the latest Capcom game looked AMAZING. These are some of the best looking games I've seen.

Second off, the whole "graphics don't matter". David Cage had a whole section of the showing saying exactly why graphics matter. That with graphics at the power they're at on the PS4, developers have no constraints and their visions can be fully realized or that they're so powerful that you can now make characters where the slightest subtleties from their facial expressions can be noticed. Like LA Noire but not with that uncanny valley feeling.

Third off, who the fuck cares. Even if you don't care about graphics, the games looked good and there was a wealth of features, a lot of which are really damn new.

It's just so ironic that the PS4 has made Foxi, soulx, and I actually kinda like each other while everyone else is having a hissyfit. The "so-called" Nintendo diehards on this forum aren't even this stupid.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
There are some 4K projectors as well though they are even pricier. I am kind of hoping they go the 360 VGA route and allow some different resolutions to happen, including some above 1080p; 4K may be a stretch but we are finally getting back to increasing resolutions of screens after the embarrassment of the last few years.

Speaking of outputs though- dual screens. You know you want to Sony.
You never know. The PS2 was capable of HD resolutions via Component, so who's to say they haven't thought ahead with higher resolutions for the PS4? I just think that the GPU power required for 4K resolution rendering could be put to better use on improving more noticeable features.

And about the dual screens, I deleted a line from my last post just before I clicked submit, regarding local multi-player on two TVs with one console. WHDI could do that ;-).

It's just so ironic that the PS4 has made Foxi, soulx, and I actually kinda like each other while everyone else is having a hissyfit. The "so-called" Nintendo diehards on this forum aren't even this stupid.
Man, you really need to lighten up. The only person I see having a hissyfit is you, if that's even possible while you have your tongue up someone else's arse and finger up another. You really just need to stop getting so frustrated by everything you read here, or perhaps take a break for a while.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be good once it gets games.
The PS3 though doesn't have an amazing library and I can imagine this having a smaller library due to sony going downhill in terms of games.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It has a pretty amazing library.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Indeed. Soulx completely redeemed himself in my eyes - he did a terrific job preparing the article, he was objective during our conversation and it was actually nice to exchange points of view without any unnecessary animosity for once. I just hope that my cliffnotes helped him a little bit when preparing the thread, but to be honest, he encompassed the subject professionally by himself. :P

As for the 4K resolution tears, don't forget that the PS4 has an entire generation ahead of itself, and this one is likely to be even longer than the reign of the 360/PS3/Wii - within 3-4 years time 4K will become more popular than it is now and the PS4 will be ready - this is a good thing.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Aside from the obvious trolls and noob members we dgaf about I'm not seeing it, there's more complaints about troll posts than actual troll posts, regular members are either meh we need to see more or wowed by it. Concerning hardware speculation there has only been guesses and praising but not straight out trashtalk. The so called Nintendo diehards seem to have liked what they've seen so far too. Really where are the tears I keep hearing about? You act as if Valwin was still around.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It has a pretty amazing library.
Ratchet and Clank (Which has lost it's touch a bit) and inFamous (There are only 2 inFamous + that DLC).
Everything else either I don't like or is on everything else, better on everything else due to the fact that the games are made for 360, which i highly assume will happen this generation.
I think that I'm going to be sticking with the Wii U, for the awesome exclusives + PC for the awesome exclusives + the mainstream games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can't believe they're only using 32bit Processor even if at 8 cores
why they hell did they not go for 64bit Architecture
I just re-checked this since x86 actually encompasses 16-bit, 32-bit and 64-bit processors. The processor in the PS4 is confirmed to be 64-bit by Sony via a press release.

Engadget said:
A press release reveals that the PS4's PC-like configuration will include an 8-core 64-bit x86 "Jaguar" CPU built by AMD, with a Radeon GPU comprised of 18 "compute units" capable of cranking out 1.84 TFLOPS to process graphics and more.

:arrow: Source

Fun Fact - I read that article earlier and somehow missed this tidbit. Then again, I didn't exactly sleep much last night.

Ratchet and Clank (Which has lost it's touch a bit) and inFamous (There are only 2 inFamous + that DLC).
Everything else either I don't like or is on everything else, better on everything else due to the fact that the games are made for 360 (...)
> Library not good because I don't like it.

Good, good.

As for "programming mainly for the 360", not only that's a thing of the past, it actually doesn't apply to the PS4 in any way since the 360 is going to be repressed by the "NextBox". If the rumours are anything to go by, the "NextBox" will have a very similar structure so porting back and forth will not be that much of an issue.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
disappointing somehow. ps3 is enough for me for now.

agreed, not much there that impressed me, in fact plenty of it was stuff we knew about or just another number of a franchise the we all expected. Aside from "deep down" nothing seemed like it was much of a leap. I'm surprised they are still trying to push the "move"...why they cant let it die is beyond me.

The system itself seems like a pretty powerful piece of tech, but its nothing innovative or really fresh that makes me want to buy it right away. Unless you're really into their "let's push the hell out of social media" thing, this was a very meh~ showing.

Reactions: PizzaPino

Its_just_Lou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so the PS4 is the successor to the PS3?? ...They aren't going to skip directly to PS9?!? Astounding, truly, and VERY unexpected!

Next, you'll be telling me that Nintendo will soon be announcing new games in their Mario/Zelda/Poke franchises! Nostradamus-like!

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Indeed. Soulx completely redeemed himself in my eyes - he did a terrific job preparing the article, he was objective during our conversation and it was actually nice to exchange points of view without any unnecessary animosity for once. I just hope that my cliffnotes helped him a little bit when preparing the thread, but to be honest, he encompassed the subject professionally by himself. :P

I never doubted soulx, despite the fact that he likes to anger Vita lovers, he is usually objective in his arguments (use facts in his arguments rather than opinions) and I rarely find him being rude with anyone. Also his threads are usually well detailed and organized, so when I saw the thread was made by him, I was sure it would contain a lot of information.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just realized that nobody seems to be talking about the new PlayStation Eye here - I can understand why as it was overlooked on the presentation itself, however the press release does have its specs as well as functionality:

1. Twin 1280x800@60FPS cameras (640x480@120FPS, 320x192@240FPS) capable of depth and body motion detection
  2. Four microphones array with the capacity of searching for the sound source
  3. 85-degrees Field of View
  4. Enhanced PSMove support (d'uh)
  5. Facial recognition, including Face Login
  6. Voice control, much like with the Kinect
  7. Player recognition (hence the lights on each Dual Shock 4)
More about the controller as well as the Eye here:

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I just realized that nobody seems to be talking about the new PlayStation Eye here - I can understand why as it was overlooked on the presentation itself, however the press release does have its specs as well as functionality:

1. Twin 1280x800@60FPS cameras (640x480@120FPS, 320x192@240FPS) capable of depth and body motion detection
  4. Enhanced PSMove support (duh)

Kinect copycats

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

4. Enhanced PSMove support (duh)

Also the original PSMove controllers work on the new setup! Source

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Except the PS Eye concept came earlier iirc
Well, the Kinect sold better than the PSMove, so naturally that's the direction they want to go now. Plus, EyeToy came first - this is its evolution.

Still doesn't change the fact they copy kinect
Look at the design, they tried to make it slightly different though
But I'm not against PS4! Just sayin :P
720, let's see...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo