Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Skyline969 said:
Urza said:
Both of you are incorrect.

You can run full desktop Linux on the PS2 in both commercial and open source flavors (either the official Linux for PS2 disc, or the community developed kernelloader with a method to boot it such as freemcboot or a modchip). In addition you want to have the network adapter, for obvious reasons.

Drivers are available and all the hardware is supported.
Yes, but he doesn't want to run his PS2 AS a desktop computer, he wants to run it WITH a desktop computer, so they're essentially one machine (I'm assuming so the PS2 can process the game and run the data while the computer displays it...?)
That doesn't make any sense.
What the OP is saying is that he wants a standard desktop PC running Windows that can run PS2 games without emulation like PCSX2. OBVIOUS answer is no.

Standard PC is using x86 instruction set, while PS2 is using MIPS instruction set. Without emulation, not possible to run a different instruction set program.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Urza said:
Skyline969 said:
Urza said:
Both of you are incorrect.

You can run full desktop Linux on the PS2 in both commercial and open source flavors (either the official Linux for PS2 disc, or the community developed kernelloader with a method to boot it such as freemcboot or a modchip). In addition you want to have the network adapter, for obvious reasons.

Drivers are available and all the hardware is supported.
Yes, but he doesn't want to run his PS2 AS a desktop computer, he wants to run it WITH a desktop computer, so they're essentially one machine (I'm assuming so the PS2 can process the game and run the data while the computer displays it...?)
That doesn't make any sense.
What the OP is saying is that he wants a standard desktop PC running Windows that can run PS2 games without emulation like PCSX2. OBVIOUS answer is no.

Standard PC is using x86 instruction set, while PS2 is using MIPS instruction set. Without emulation, not possible to run a different instruction set program.

Even though I have no idea what x86 or MIPS is I understand this answer as I get it pretty good why to my no. I figured it was impossible I just wanted to ask anyway to see if maybe I was wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol