nitorinitori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
hi,

I have an 8Bitdo bluetooth receiver plugged in to my PC and BlueRetro PS2 adapter plugged in to my PS2. I've been keep having this problem since day one, just couldn't find anyone make a thread about it.

Everytime I need to play or connect my controller that is paired with BlueRetro PS2, it gets confused with the 8BitDo receiver on PC instead. So in order to solve that, I had to unplug 8BitDo receiver on my PC and then reconnect the controller.

I'm wondering if there's a solution so I don't need to unplug my 8BitDo receiver on my PC everytime I want to play my PS2, wirelessly.

Is there any solution to it, or does anyone had the same problem ?

thanks in advance.

Reactions: cearp

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Depending on the controller this is most likely intended behavior and not something you can fix without removing at least one of the sticks.

What you can try is checking the manual for a way to factory reset the controller so it forgets all previous connections, then sync it up again first with the PS2 and then second with the PC. Usually most "dumb" bluetooth devices that can remember more than one connection will try to automatically connect to every device in the order they were synced up with. So if it's synced first with the PS2 that device will have priority if the controller can detect both the PC and the PS2.

Alternatively there are USB hubs for PC that allow you to turn every port on and off by themselves, you could use one like that to turn the PC adapter on or off without having to unplug it.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most likely instead of real Bluetooth it uses 433Mhz radio (kinda close) just as it's using analog radio to transmit it's adressless Bluetooth controller picked up by both recievers linked once, and shortest route is the route processing the information.
you could try to delist the controller on the pc side (i mean really remove it, not disconnect it) checking if ps2 reciever still works... ps2 reciever only works when power is applied to it so shutting down the ps2 should fix that side.

nitorinitori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
thanks for the replies,

i forgot to make it clear, by interfering i mean it's like,
the bluetooth controller (I use Dualshock 3) that is already paired to BlueRetro PS2 adapter, gets connected to 8BitDo Bluetooth Receiver on my PC instead.

I think i already did the setup and match the Bluetooth address of Dualshock 3 controller for BlueRetro, and somehow it keep gets connected to 8BitDo if I didn't unplug it.
Post automatically merged:

What you can try is checking the manual for a way to factory reset the controller so it forgets all previous connections, then sync it up again first with the PS2 and then second with the PC. Usually most "dumb" bluetooth devices that can remember more than one connection will try to automatically connect to every device in the order they were synced up with. So if it's synced first with the PS2 that device will have priority if the controller can detect both the PC and the PS2.
thanks, i'll try to reset both receiver and setup the PS2 adapter first.

Alternatively there are USB hubs for PC that allow you to turn every port on and off by themselves, you could use one like that to turn the PC adapter on or off without having to unplug it.
now that you've mentioned it, I think this could be the easiest and best solution xD
my 8BitDo currently plugged in to back side of my PC, so reaching there is painful.

you could try to delist the controller on the pc side (i mean really remove it, not disconnect it) checking if ps2 reciever still works... ps2 reciever only works when power is applied to it so shutting down the ps2 should fix that side.
also, when the PS2 turned on, my 8BitDo receiver thought that BlueRetro was a controller trying to connect to it, like i'd hear a device connected and then disconnected sound from my PC everytime my PS2 turned on.

Last edited by nitorinitori,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks for the replies,

i forgot to make it clear, by interfering i mean it's like,
the bluetooth controller (I use Dualshock 3) that is already paired to BlueRetro PS2 adapter, gets connected to 8BitDo Bluetooth Receiver on my PC instead.

I think i already did the setup and match the Bluetooth address of Dualshock 3 controller for BlueRetro, and somehow it keep gets connected to 8BitDo if I didn't unplug it.
Post automatically merged:

thanks, i'll try to reset both receiver and setup the PS2 adapter first.

now that you've mentioned it, I think this could be the easiest and best solution xD
my 8BitDo currently plugged in to back side of my PC, so reaching there is painful.

also, when the PS2 turned on, my 8BitDo receiver thought that BlueRetro was a controller trying to connect to it, like i'd hear a device connected and then disconnected sound from my PC everytime my PS2 turned on.
simple thing is it seems your bluetooth dongle in your pc is at some point paired to this bluetooth device or it is broken for it searches constantly for new devices.
you can have another device although unlikely with the same bluetooth adress as your ps2 dongle/dualshock controller is.
bluetooth might not be able to see any difference in device, it just says bluetooth device Name [ad.re.ss.XX.XX] is found.
it doesn't really check the name, just the adress, and if pairing is done once before it auto reconnects to that adress.
Maybe windows doesn't show the adress of said device for they like the clean look of the name (user friendly) but the name is not what the bluetooth dongle registers.

nitorinitori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
simple thing is it seems your bluetooth dongle in your pc is at some point paired to this bluetooth device or it is broken for it searches constantly for new devices.
you can have another device although unlikely with the same bluetooth adress as your ps2 dongle/dualshock controller is.
bluetooth might not be able to see any difference in device, it just says bluetooth device Name [ad.re.ss.XX.XX] is found.
it doesn't really check the name, just the adress, and if pairing is done once before it auto reconnects to that adress.
Maybe windows doesn't show the adress of said device for they like the clean look of the name (user friendly) but the name is not what the bluetooth dongle registers.

yea i thought it'd connect to unique bluetooth address.
but speaking of that, i think i know the root of the problem.
when i bought 8BitDo for PC back in the day, I paired it with the DS3 which I'm currently pair to PS2. But few months later I bought BlueRetro for PS2, and just pair that DS3 to PS2 thru BlueRetro settings. I think I didn't at least factory reset the 8BitDo before pairing with new another controller. I didn't know you need to do that because 8BitDo website says it can only connect to one controller, so I assume it'll automatically clear up past paired device.

But yes, I needa try do clean factory reset of both adapter.

Are the dongles paired to the same controller?
nope. I have separate controller paired on each separate dongles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol