Hacking ps vita rejuvinate or update to 3.55?

parisi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a ps vita 3.50 and i already have rejuvinate. But the list of emulators is very poor right now. Is there any possibility for them to make a n64 or ps1 emulator? Or should i update it to 3.55. What do you suggest?

parisi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do not update!!
You will lose the rejuvenate, and then you regret that.
Right now the list of emulators on rejuvinate are out of my interest. I am interested on n64 and ps1 emulator, and as far as i know there are not such emulators for rejuvinate. Do you have any info if these emulators will be available in the future on rejuvinate?

Reactions: SLiV3R

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With 3.55 you'll get nothing, no custom bubbles, no rejuvenate...
Slight correction: Custom bubbles created on a lower firmware will continue to work on 3.55. However, you cannot create custom bubbles on 3.55 as the exploit has been patched.

Thus, don't update if you want to use any homebrew, "backup" loading, etc.

In regards to emulators... Please understand that rejuvinate allows native code and hardware access, thus its potential is much greater than any PSP mode hacks! In other words, if you take the list of PSP emulators (http://wololo.net/emulators-for-the-psp-ps-vita-the-ultimate-download-list/), it is very possible for the Vita to get similar emulators with better performance through rejuvinate. So to answer your question: Yes, N64 and PS1 emulators are plausible. Whether or not somebody will make one in the near future is anybody's guess. If you update now, you may lose the ability to use any future emulators for a long time until another native hack is found. (Could be months or years.)

Reactions: parisi

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I updated yesterday. Im very happy with that. The N3DS is my emulation powerhorse. I dont wont to waste my gaming experiences from the inferior PSViTA (When it comes to D-pad, overall build quality and other buttons. The screens are equally nice though, in different ways, imo.)

Perhaps I will regret that I updated IF there will be a fullspeed N64 emulator. But.. Nah. There are not that many games for the N64 either. But you do as you like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: +1