Hacking PS Vita - Hacking Possibilities

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think a 3ds emulator would be possible because the cortex a9 is backwards compatible with the arm11's...if someone could do this the purchase of a 3ds would be unnecessary....
yaypsp.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Emulation doesn't work like that gman666. If that were true, I'd already have a 100% compatible DS emulator on my cellphone.

Apart from that, why are we discussing hacking possibilities of a console that neither of you even held in your hands? A bit early, AMIRITE?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can't prepare for something you have no idea about. We haven't even seen the "carts" yet, let alone the system. If you want something to prepare the hackers, go on ahead, bust into SONY Co. and snatch one of the working prototypes, because that's the only preparation method I can think of.

...I'm joking, obviously, don't do that.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A 3DS emulator.
A hack which allows all 4 cores to be utilised. (Only 3 are available to games apparently, homebrew could use 4 with hacks.)
A better user interface, I know i've not used Live Area in person but it looks terrible and unorganised, it would be nice if you can skin it though and arrange your shit.

PS2 Emulator... without knowing how powerful the PSV is and how much is required to run a decent ps2 emulator I just wish this could/would happen in the future. Better yet, bring PS2 games to PSN and let us download them. I wouldn't mind forking out a reasonable amount to play my old PS2 favourites again. Ratchet and clank: Gladiator

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
At this point I don't know how easy it'll be for hackers to break the PSV. Sony have had people hacking them at every angle for the last year, practically nonstop. Since the Geohotz case, it's like the entire world has tried to hack every single aspect of Sony as a company (and it's websites). Surely from all of this, they must've learned a thing or two about security and will put all of that into practice in the PSV.

That said, there will always be holes and exploits in their FW that persistent hackers will uncover. It's a matter of time.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why are people speculating PS2 emu soo much when my

i7 2630QM 2.00GHZ
8GB Ram
Radeon HD 6770M 1GB

PC cant do it well?
Unless some guy can code 5 times better than
the PCSX2 team it aint coming.

Or if Sony releases one
happy.gif

But unlikely since the
PS1 one was Virtualization.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
WAIT?! your PC have higher spec than mine
mine has a i7 2620m, 4 gb of ram, and Radeon something (IIRC 6380)
It can run PCSX2, hell it runs FM5 at 55 fps, It also runs persona 4 at 50 something, topping out at sixty sometimes

What game are you trying to emulate?

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
clegion said:
WAIT?! your PC have higher spec than mine
mine has a i7 2620m, 4 gb of ram, and Radeon something (IIRC 6380)
It can run PCSX2, hell it runs FM5 at 55 fps, It also runs persona 4 at 50 something, topping out at sixty sometimes

What game are you trying to emulate?
I mean it cant do it well as in all games, although it might do better
if I run the quadcore thingy now.

I was trying to run Ratchet: Gladiator so yeah.

@Machomuu: True

Net_Bastard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pcsx2 on the Vita would work about as well as NullDC PSP does, if not worse. Gamecube games on Dolphin would work better if a Dolphin port were to come to the Vita once it's hacked, since Dolphin has lower system requirements.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(naved.islam14 @ Jul 8 2011, 08:34 PM)
It would be so awesome if the N the NGP(PS Vita) got a PS2 emulator, that would be so cool carrying around a PS2 in my hand
laugh.gif

Now that would be kick ass. It'll be hard on the memory though, with 4-9 GBs per game
Meh, get a SDXC drive. :P

Martin1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP didn't die because of hackers, the problem was that Sony didn't support it well enough with games.

It is all well and good if the machine is the most powerful handheld on the market, but if the NGP doesn't have the games, and then blocks the only other way to play games on the machine, hackers, then you have an under-featured iPad.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If the 3DS isn't possible (maybe it is, but not in the first 5 years), maybe the DS? Definitely possible I think, and with the touchscreen the games are actually playable.
Only things I would play on it would be Advance Wars / Fire Emblem anyway, touchscreen isn't that necessary in those SRPGs :)

DigiTak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a very big potential on this portable. I think it can emulate all the things that the DS and the PSP had difficult of doing, like SNES or Genesis (some games). PS1/PSP will be there since day 1, so I'll not count that... N64 should be easy too. GBA, GB, GBC, I think it can emulate it too.
Obviously you've never owned a hacked psp or you wouldn't have just said the statement you said I put in bold. The psp had no difficulty emulating any snes, genesis, gba, gbc, or N64 games. So the psvita could go farther beyond these consoles, and maybe even emulate a ps2. I just had to correct you though.

robink93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really know why i'm posting this, because it certainly won't work, but i can't refrain from posting.

At the PSN control panel you can download "links" that you supposedly transfer to your vita, then the vita will download that application. However, that file is in plain text, so you can enter whatever link you want. The thing that probably won't work is the signing, so it's really stupid :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?