PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
somebody knows a goodplace to buy a teensy?
tongue.gif
in the netherlands or somewhere close.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
nico445 said:
somebody knows a goodplace to buy a teensy?
tongue.gif
in the netherlands or somewhere close.

hehe,yea this is great question.. also anybody ,somewhere in my country ? i saw few moments ago that company that sells "teens" has reached its suply limit.. lol 

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
nico445 said:
The original PSJailbreak dongle had a patch that would trigger the lv1 panic hypercall if the dongle wasn't in the list of connected devices.

so it would seem you just need the stick onces. or am i wrong?
tongue.gif
not so much into the ps3 thing but a friend of mine would like this
Most likely just each time you start the PS3 up.

At least until CFW. X3

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
testatura said:
...just to return to subject.. i just called "chipoteka" probably only store that could have "teensy" or something alike ..and they don't have it .. 

I saw some sites that will be back in stock in a few days.

It seems as if opportunistic resellers bought all the stock (to resell at a huge profit -- I saw one site doing this) -- but if you wait for the regular places to come back in stock, it shouldn't be too long.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
testatura said:
...just to return to subject.. i just called "chipoteka" probably only store that could have "teensy" or something alike ..and they don't have it .. 
I saw some sites that will be back in stock in a few days.

It seems as if opportunistic resellers bought all the stock (to resell at a huge profit -- I saw one site doing this) -- but if you wait for the regular places to come back in stock, it shouldn't be too long.
Reminds me of how people on ebay and such sell PSP games that can be used for exploits for crazy-high prices.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Reminds me of how people on ebay and such sell PSP games that can be used for exploits for crazy-high prices.

There is one small difference:

This is an item in production, and the supply is not actually limited (beyond a temporary shortage).

Those games are most often out of print games, and there is a finite supply.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D-Trogh said:
Rydian said:
D-Trogh said:
I can't wait for the TI-84+ version
biggrin.gif
You know, I read that and thought it was a tongue-in-cheek joke, but then again I don't know what sort of hardware the Ti-84+ actually has, mine broke years ago.
I hope it wasn't a joke. Brandon did some nice things with TI calculators before.
Oh well, either way, I'll get this Backup Manager running some way. I'll just wait another month and see what's been done by then.

You know I haven't even touched my old TI-84 in years. Somewhat sad considering it helped me through all of my engineering career before I switch to IT. Though I'm not really sure if I miss reverse polish or having to calculate current leakage through the substrate of my stupid power amplifier. TSMC stole 6 months of my life because of their crappy tools and 40pf capacitors at every node that obliterated my 1 week circuit simulations.

Yeah thinking back, I really really don't miss those days
tongue.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
Rydian said:

There is one small difference:

This is an item in production, and the supply is not actually limited (beyond a temporary shortage).

Those games are most often out of print games, and there is a finite supply.

Reminds me I still have a copy of Wipeout on my PSP for that specific purpose. Not sure if it's worth anything anymore though, haven't kept up with the PSP thing since 1.5 (yeah that long ago...)

Though if they come out with a PSP version of the PS3Jailbreak , I guess I'll have to dig it out of the basement and figure out what to do with it.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I get one of these teensy boards..I checked out how to do it and damn it seems hard(At least for me since I never heard of this thing til last night) I am in California so obviously I would want a place that ships to America..since the PSJailbreak itself is once again delaying their shipment, I mind as well go this route but I need to know what site has it so I can buy it..and since this does EXACTLY what the PSJailbreak does then I want it..and it has backup manager too which is the whole purpose of me wanting this

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lakerfanalways said:
Where can I get one of these teensy boards..I checked out how to do it and damn it seems hard(At least for me since I never heard of this thing til last night) I am in California so obviously I would want a place that ships to America..since the PSJailbreak itself is once again delaying their shipment, I mind as well go this route but I need to know what site has it so I can buy it..and since this does EXACTLY what the PSJailbreak does then I want it..and it has backup manager too which is the whole purpose of me wanting this

They're pretty much sold out since the news broke about the psgroove.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:

You might want to wait. There has been talk of there being a PSP version being created so that might be an easier option for you if it gets released. The teensy boards are pretty easily programmable even via Windows with their upload utility. You just need to find the available hex codes to upload to get the board to do what you want. As has been noted, with the release teensy board supplies have dried up really fast so finding them now will probably be extremely difficult.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Lakerfanalways said:

You might want to wait. There has been talk of there being a PSP version being created so that might be an easier option for you if it gets released. The teensy boards are pretty easily programmable even via Windows with their upload utility. You just need to find the available hex codes to upload to get the board to do what you want. As has been noted, with the release teensy board supplies have dried up really fast so finding them now will probably be extremely difficult.
PSP is the best tool around. I'd wait. I'm buying my friend's psp for 30$ in a week. by that time, the PSP eboot should be out.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Maz7006 said:
what happened to the flashed drive firmware ?
These aren't flash drives, for like the 8 millionth time.

You miss understood

there was like some other team that released news that they have dumped the firmware of the BD Drive. I have yet to see any updates on that, and apparently they're working with team jungle flash

this happened some couple of days before this jailbreak stuff

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
nIxx said:
If you can solder a bit you can easily build your own Teensy or similar (only the Chip you use is really important and of course the USB Connector).
For example http://dorkbotpdx.org/blog/feurig/build_yo...o_serial_device

...great,been smoking n drinking heavily for past 15 years so,I am quite sure although I have the will,i would probably die of burns doing this..
biggrin.gif

.....must find some crazy scientist!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD